Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

I think a lot of people loved rooker's yondu because rookers merle from walking dead. Just my opinion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by saul_on_the_road_to_damascus View Post
    I think a lot of people loved rooker's yondu because rookers merle from walking dead. Just my opinion.
    His whistling arrow trick was cool. That helped.

This movie is plain awesome , it's quite organic how the team came together , not too much dwelling on the backstories of the characters and how they defeated Ronan also came very smoothly.
    Best marvel movie they produce so far , really good choice of director and his casting was spot on. Chris Pratt as the lead was charming and charismatic and there's an in-movie explainations why he called himself "star lord".

Touching , funny and awesome action. Barely felt the 2 hours runtime as the movie was that engaging.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by darthjoker View Post
    Thanks, shame I coulnt see it. I will wait and see if someone post it somewhere. Thanks!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBEqfEn6fZ8

BANNED

gonna go see this tonight. looking forward to it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by crossbones View Post
    gonna go see this tonight. looking forward to it.
    Enjoy !

Astonishing Member

I'm pretty surprised about GotG's RT performance when compared to other top films this year, and that's not just looking at the tomatometer but also, the critics' average and the audience reviews.

Amazing Member

Saw it last night and it was amazing. Did anyone spot Nathan Fillion? I didn't see him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Another Aaron View Post
    Saw it last night and it was amazing. Did anyone spot Nathan Fillion? I didn't see him.
    I think he was the big blue prisoner that wanted to beat up Quill, but got beat up instead.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
    I think he was the big blue prisoner that wanted to beat up Quill, but got beat up instead.
    That sounds about right--thanks.

Anyone spot any other Easter eggs? I saw an elf from Thor 2 in the Collector's museum--and obviously Cosmo & Howard. I'm amazed we didn't get a hint at the Nova helmets. That said, if I were them, I'd be a little embarrassed that I was so woefully unprepared to protect their own home planet--maybe this will cause them to develop the helmets (which would happen in a Nova movie or a second Guardians movie perhaps?)

Ultimate Member

I'd like see some of the other Guardians pop up in the sequel. Adam Warlock, Moondragon, and Phyla-veil would be a good start.

I want Mantis in the sequel. And Cosmo.

And lots of Nova Corpsmen were wearing the signature helmets.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'd like see some of the other Guardians pop up in the sequel. Adam Warlock, Moondragon, and Phyla-veil would be a good start.
    Those would actually be my options as well, but I could take or leave Phyla-vell. Her story seems to dependent on the legacy of others.

I think for story purposes, I'd make the main antagonist "Magus" and the Universal Church of Truth, with Quill being drawn to take his rightful place as J'son's heir as his character arc just as Adam is being called to take his place as the head of the UCT.

Oh and Moondragon must remain Drax's daughter because that is too much story potential to throw away.
    Last edited by Ceebiro; 08-01-2014 at 10:14 AM.

Ultimate Member

They could easily simplify her origins for the film-verse.

Quote Originally Posted by marshal99 View Post
    His whistling arrow trick was cool. That helped.

g.

I love the fact that they gave him a southern accent. It is the best kind of pandering. His relationship with Quill is also fantastic. It is a dynamic we've seen before but it is still used to great effect. We know he's never really going to hurt Quill, but at the same time he's going to make Peter work to save himself.

I also thought using Peter's mom as the connection to the 1970s pop music was very organic and allowed for a very quirky soundtrack to the movie.

And the Footlose lines and the literal interpretations - just great fun.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge View Post
    I love the fact that they gave him a southern accent. It is the best kind of pandering. His relationship with Quill is also fantastic. It is a dynamic we've seen before but it is still used to great effect. We know he's never really going to hurt Quill, but at the same time he's going to make Peter work to save himself.

I also thought using Peter's mom as the connection to the 1970s pop music was very organic and allowed for a very quirky soundtrack to the movie.

And the Footlose lines and the literal interpretations - just great fun.
    and the fate of the universe is decided by a dance off.

this film funny and smart