Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Default Azrael by Sean Gordon Murphy

Sean Gordon Murphy
    ‏@Sean_G_Murphy
    BREAKING: get ready for a huge announcement about my next book in 2019...

DoDGfocWsAEnAhj.jpg

1:52 PM - 26 Sep 2018

So yeah that happened

I believe it's Curse of the White Knight with Azrael in it. Nice to see the OG suit though.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Oh yeah it is

In an interview with Paste, Murphy discussed what readers can expect Batman: Curse of the White Knight.

Murphy’s first big revelation is that Azrael will actually be a “threat far greater than the Joker ever was.”

“For Batman: Curse of the White Knight, I’m rewriting a former Batman ally to become a threat far greater than the Joker ever was.”

Murphy also promised there would be an epic car chase scene in Batman: Curse of the White Knight:

“And don’t worry about Batman: Curse of the White Knight, there’s an even better chase scene I’m working on…”

While Murphy didn’t go into too many details about Batman: Curse of the White Knight, DC Comics did reveal the first synopsis:

“In this explosive sequel to Sean Murphy’s critically acclaimed blockbuster BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT, the Joker recruits a savage partner to help him expose a shocking revelation about the Wayne family’s legacy and run Gotham into the ground. As Batman rushes to protect the city and his loved ones from this corrupt conspiracy, the mystery of his ancestry unravels and deals a devastating blow to the Dark Knight. Exciting new villains and unexpected allies will clash across history in this unforgettable chapter of the WHITE KNIGHT saga—and the truth about the blood they shed will shake Gotham to its core!”

This book will fall under DC Comics’ mature imprint, DC Black Label

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Oh yeah it is

In an interview with Paste, Murphy discussed what readers can expect Batman: Curse of the White Knight.

Murphy’s first big revelation is that Azrael will actually be a “threat far greater than the Joker ever was.”

“For Batman: Curse of the White Knight, I’m rewriting a former Batman ally to become a threat far greater than the Joker ever was.”

Murphy also promised there would be an epic car chase scene in Batman: Curse of the White Knight:

“And don’t worry about Batman: Curse of the White Knight, there’s an even better chase scene I’m working on…”

While Murphy didn’t go into too many details about Batman: Curse of the White Knight, DC Comics did reveal the first synopsis:

“In this explosive sequel to Sean Murphy’s critically acclaimed blockbuster BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT, the Joker recruits a savage partner to help him expose a shocking revelation about the Wayne family’s legacy and run Gotham into the ground. As Batman rushes to protect the city and his loved ones from this corrupt conspiracy, the mystery of his ancestry unravels and deals a devastating blow to the Dark Knight. Exciting new villains and unexpected allies will clash across history in this unforgettable chapter of the WHITE KNIGHT saga—and the truth about the blood they shed will shake Gotham to its core!”

This book will fall under DC Comics’ mature imprint, DC Black Label
    Not sure how to feel about Azrael as an antagonist again...

So...okay, I read Jean Paul in Sword of Azrael and through the 90's Knightsaga stories, but never beyond that. Didn't touch his main titles. Should I give this a try anyway, or just take my ball and go home?

Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Satyr View Post
    So...okay, I read Jean Paul in Sword of Azrael and through the 90's Knightsaga stories, but never beyond that. Didn't touch his main titles. Should I give this a try anyway, or just take my ball and go home?
    His solo series was about redemption, finding himself, and Bruce treating him like crap making him feel like he'll never be good enough...despite the fact that JPV beats him and the rest of the batfamily up quite a few times. The problem is that there are a lot of people, including DC writers, who only see Azrael has 'the guy who replaced Batman,' and they can;t get past that when there is so much more to the character than that. SGM is old school, so I don't have any doubts that this is going to be a great book. I mean, White Knight was killer.
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

BANNED

Azrael is great--has the coolest costume ever. Hope this Azrael is JPV!!!!!

Incredible Member

I'm gonna laugh if Az ends up being Jason.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Sean Gordon Murphy
    ‏@Sean_G_Murphy
    BREAKING: get ready for a huge announcement about my next book in 2019...

DoDGfocWsAEnAhj.jpg

1:52 PM - 26 Sep 2018

So yeah that happened
    Wow, this looks great! I'm in!
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Spectacular Member AzraelOnline's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    I'm gonna laugh if Az ends up being Jason.
    If you follow what SGM has said in the past few months and read the description for White Knight's sequel it's easy to figure out JPV is the ally and Jason is the one who brings about the secrets to rip apart Bruce
    Azrael Online - The Source for all things Azrael

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AzraelOnline View Post
    If you follow what SGM has said in the past few months and read the description for White Knight's sequel it's easy to figure out JPV is the ally and Jason is the one who brings about the secrets to rip apart Bruce
    Other than the interview posted above, what have you seen Murphy say that indicates Jason won't be Azrael? I personally hope you're right, but I don't have the information to push me one way or the other right now.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord