Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nosocialize View Post
    Link: http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com...ack-magneto-1/

So Claremont is back, which is cool, but the art looks a bit boring. Hopefully the story picks up!
    Claremont comes back and Marvel does not give him a good art. I thought Marvel stop trying to screw with X-Men. A good thing about the previews, there are words in there. Claremont is still a story teller beyond words.
    Last edited by Marvelgirl; 09-28-2018 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I actually loved this.

Really surprised people aren't more into character-driven stories. Oh well.
    I don't agree. Don't let all the hype and flash you see in most comic movies today let you think different. Good comic stories (movies or comics) are still character-driven stories.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'll wait until a user I trust like Havok or Maestroneto post a review or something.

BANNED

Not Digging the Art, but AWESOME i'm loving this. Can't wait till this drops :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Claremont comes back and Marvel does not give him a good art. I thought Marvel stop trying to screw with X-Men. A good thing about the previews, there are words in there. Claremont is still a story teller beyond words.
    Claremont's just going to cover up all the art with text anyway.

The text is good, though. He's at his best when he's doing character studies, and this looks like an effective and sensitive one.

Fantastic Member

I started reading comics when Claremont was really developing Magneto back in the mid-to-late 80s and this is great. I believe I'll be picking up whatever in-canon X-Books Marvel decides to hand him.

I love quiet books like this. I would gladly fork over 20 bucks for a five part mini of just Mags and Kate having this conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I actually loved this.

Really surprised people aren't more into character-driven stories. Oh well.
    I really loved this, too. It reminds me of the Classic X-men backup stories by Claremont and Bolton. I loved those stories!

Claremont continues to write non action scenes but still keeps it interesting somehow.

Wow, I actually didn't expect much from Claremont this time around, but those 4 pages really sell it for me. Art's... whatever, but I'll wait and see if there's any action. Color me impressed.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Excellent start. It may not have action (yet), but the tone and conversation kept my eyes peeled.

I'll give it a try

Already liking this new Kate. Hoping nothing happens to her

BANNED

How long do you think before Marvel changes Magneto's history? or just kills him off?

Realistically the further and further away we get from that era the more and more unbelievable it would be that a man that old would still be alive & this active. Every few years they have a "reborn as if he's 20years old again" thing...a bit too frequently. The realistic guideposts they've planted for some characters become a problem as the franchise ages.

Her follow up question should've been "Omg are you a Holocaust survivor? OMG how F***ing old ARE you!?"

Are they going to just keep deaging him? make him time displaced? All out just call him an Eternal?

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post

Her follow up question should've been "Omg are you a Holocaust survivor? OMG how F***ing old ARE you!?"
    They're gonna run with it until there's another anti-Jewish tragedy to tie him to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    How long do you think before Marvel changes Magneto's history? or just kills him off?

Realistically the further and further away we get from that era the more and more unbelievable it would be that a man that old would still be alive & this active. Every few years they have a "reborn as if he's 20years old again" thing...a bit too frequently. The realistic guideposts they've planted for some characters become a problem as the franchise ages.

Are they going to just keep deaging him? make him time displaced? All out just call him an Eternal?
    They need to do SOMETHING. Magneto is the single biggest argument against the Sliding Timescale.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    They're gonna run with it until there's another anti-Jewish tragedy to tie him to.
    Eh let's hope that never happens....at least that I'm not around for it

Damn this is good. The dialogue is amazing. Even if people say Claremont isn't the writer he once was, he'll always write an amazing Magneto.
    Last edited by Magneto; 09-28-2018 at 11:24 AM.