Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I've been looking forward to this since the mini was announced, and it didn't disappoint! The writing really stood out to me, especially in the scene where spoilers:
    the bad guys attacked the rental building.
    end of spoilers
    I wish they had kept the same artist for the flashback pages, I would have been curious to see the old school gladiator costume with that style. I love how we got to see Shatterstar building a normal life for himself, I think they don't show this enough and we're supposed to believe characters do the superhero stuff 100% of the time. I hope we get more Rictor in the next issues

Astonishing Member Tazpocalapse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    The issue started with Star cleaning up dog**** and we discovered it was from his tenant, Snortenthau the Pug. That's an issue right there - LOL!
    Yes a great idea that was executed well. It made the story very enjoyable.

Ultimate Member

I wonder if the alternate reality Night Thrasher is a reference to Shatterstar's first kung fu fight/non mook fight, back in New Warriors Annual proteus crossover

This was really enjoyable. The narration felt a little off at times, and I miss the bombast that PAD injected into Shatterstar's dialogue; but I like the concept and, even if it wasn't flawless, the execution made for a fun comic.

Gringrave is fun. Is she new?

Still trying to adjust to Ben over 'Star though! Haha

-Pav, who wonders if time-travel will allow our hero to save his tenants...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I was really looking forward to Shatterstar. Its too bad the book sucks.

This was really great. Like, surprisingly great.

I started out not liking this but it got better towards the end

So anyone else just see "The End Woman" as a female Bishop who chose not to kill Hope.
    "Dear World: the nation of mutantkind is watching you. Do not #$%& with us." -Cable-

I liked this. Pretty interesting and fun so far.

I want to see more of The End Woman.

Making Shatterstar a landlord was genius. It creates a lot of opportunities for future stories.

BANNED

So this was well received???..Good :-) have not read it yet, but getting around to it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeon View Post
    I started out not liking this but it got better towards the end

So anyone else just see "The End Woman" as a female Bishop who chose not to kill Hope.
    pretty much

It was a nice quiet book until the end..which you could see coming. It was enjoyable enough.

Emma Been Frost Perfection/Emma 2's Avatar

I read my copy Thursday and I absolutely enjoyed it. I seriously hope Shatterstar murders the hell out of his mentor
    Yara Flor & Emma "Mama" Frost stan account

My local comic shop recommended this to me, and I was hooked by the fourth page. The landlord scenes were great, the flashbacks fit in well, it was just a damn good issue. I'll be following it. https://sirmarkussite.wordpress.com/...shatterstar-1/

Quote Originally Posted by Tazpocalapse View Post
    Didn't expect this first issue to be this good. It was fun meeting the various tenants, i could go for a whole series just focused on him being a Landlord to AU characters.

Same.....I'm not really a collector of the X-related comics. I bought this issue on a whim. Cover caught my eye, scanned over the interior and thought it looked interesting, so I went for it. It was a lot better than I expected, especially given the concept.

I do like the tease toward the end, with the Grandmaster lording over an apparently earlier/modern version of the Mojoverse. I don't specifically remember what Longshot's origin was (Was he from the future, or simply from the Mojoverse's then-current incarnation?).......But it would be fun knowing the Grandmaster was influential over that world. Reason I'm thinking this is the Spineless Ones are a lot smaller, so it hints toward this being their earlier days before they became gluttonous.

Of course, it could simply be the 616 version of the Mojoverse, but I'd prefer the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    The issue started with Star cleaning up dog**** and we discovered it was from his tenant, Snortenthau the Pug. That's an issue right there - LOL!

Well said, good sir.....Well said.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    I don't specifically remember what Longshot's origin was (Was he from the future, or simply from the Mojoverse's then-current incarnation?)
    Longshot came to Earth from 'current' Mojoverse/Wildways in 1985. He didn't travel in time --not then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Reason I'm thinking this is the Spineless Ones are a lot smaller, so it hints toward this being their earlier days before they became gluttonous.
    I haven't read the issue yet, so I don't know how do they look like. But yes, the Spineless Ones were in the beginning more like caterpillars. Arize invented exoskeletons for them, but they prefered the spider-sits instead so they didn't need to walk and they could just focus in thinking. That's the way they became so obese, weak and toneless.