Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You mean the panel where the shadow of her forehead is being casted over her eyes?
    Yes that's what I was thinking it was but it looked too perfectly mask shaped

And damn the X-Men start dealing with mutant threats in a more proactive manner or start XForce (whichever version) back up if SAURON, Pyro and eFFin HairBall are starting to worry about the threats to Mutantkind

I guess the Pyro in the last Iceman series really was Allerdyce returned from the dead. I was wrong

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    i guess??? just seems like whiplash considering the team was joking around and everything last issue. weapon x is a fun book, so i wouldnt mind it playing off the soul-selling off for laughs.
    I respect your opinion. So this is not me saying you're wrong. Just expanding on my thoughts. Because it's easy to be misunderstood in writing.

For me, I think a dark tone is the only smart thing. When you have the type of cast we have, it seems natural for a gritty story. Myself, and many others feel is was a big mistake to try making these characters comedic. This is a book of mercenaries, assassins, and serial killers. They are the last cast members for sitcom humor. Occasional humor is good, but done a certain way. Like dark or more adult humor, rather than juvenile frat humor.

That's how Deadpool got ruined. In the 90's, he was a very dark & gritty character. Daniel Way came in & wanted to focus on comedy, and we're forever stuck with memepool. The movie followed suit, which hasn't helped. Now being a "joke character" is all Deadpool is known for -which is not what he started as. And of course Pak followed suit with lolrandom Deadpool. Plus, he seemed to be taking Domino & Sabretooth in the same direction, where they run the risk of being clown characters if this doesn't change gears fast.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-29-2018 at 02:51 AM.

I'm actually interested!

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I'm actually interested!
    Me too. Definitely seems like a darker tone so far, which I would like. And I am curious to see the "games" that are gonna start. A very good start to the chapter. Just hope the rest is as good.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    I respect your opinion. So this is not me saying you're wrong. Just expanding on my thoughts. Because it's easy to be misunderstood in writing.

For me, I think a dark tone is the only smart thing. When you have the type of cast we have, it seems natural for a gritty story. Myself, and many others feel is was a big mistake to try making these characters comedic. This is a book of mercenaries, assassins, and serial killers. They are the last cast members for sitcom humor. Occasional humor is good, but done a certain way. Like dark or more adult humor, rather than juvenile frat humor.

That's how Deadpool got ruined. In the 90's, he was a very dark & gritty character. Daniel Way came in & wanted to focus on comedy, and we're forever stuck with memepool. The movie followed suit, which hasn't helped. Now being a "joke character" is all Deadpool is known for -which is not what he started as. And of course Pak followed suit with lolrandom Deadpool. Plus, he seemed to be taking Domino & Sabretooth in the same direction, where they run the risk of being clown characters if this doesn't change gears fast.
    Of course, you're absolutely right. Just saying that I just wish there had been a better followup to this?? But I love the darker tone and I hope 'Weapons of Self-Destruction' goes even further before ending. This team deserves a tragic ending.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I guess the Pyro in the last Iceman series really was Allerdyce returned from the dead. I was wrong
    Between this and Leah using Maggott, I never noticed how much of an 'out' Necrosha was for suddenly bringing back dead mutants. Proteus, Blink, Cypher, Pyro, Maggott, Tarot, Darkstar, and NTW. I'm surprised more writers haven't used that excuse to bring back fan-favs.
    Last edited by Tycon; 09-29-2018 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Of course, you're absolutely right. Just saying that I just wish there had been a better followup to this?? But I love the darker tone and I hope 'Weapons of Self-Destruction' goes even further before ending. This team deserves a tragic ending.
    I am curious about that. Next moth's solicits should tells us everything. Hate having to wait that long.

It does seem like things could be tragic. The solicits for 27 says everything changes, so seems there will be some repercussions.

Domino is gonna be in Uncanny I think, plus going to X-Force. So she may be cool and finally quit the team like she wanted to do in issue 22. Given that. her ending doesn't seem like it'll be too bad. But who knows what's gonna happen with the others since they haven't been promoted in anything upcoming. At least not yet. We have another con in Nov. That may tell us something. Least I hope it doesn't turn out as lackluster as the last one.

I think it makes sense for WXF to drop off now that the official X-Force is back. But the leftover part of the team could be in another book, or get another series. Fat chance, but still possible.
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 09-29-2018 at 08:04 AM.

The medieval weapons instantly made this 100x times better
    Weapon X has had its ups and downs but it's been pretty strong lately as far as quality. I really hope it's part of the new lineup, or that at least the team is still around and makes appearances.

Ultimate Member

I'm still surprised no one's ever addressed Lady Deatstrike's connection to Stryker, from back in the X-Treme X-Men days.

Secret Wars?