Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

A good example of technology used to destroy a planet is the Hammer that Destroys Suns from Creatures of Light and Darkness, that's pretty much a giant crossbow that fires comets.

Always liked this one:

Not canon, but still cool.
    Hazard's Playhouse - Episodic anime reviews and other things. Current Post: Houshin Engi: What was Skipped
    My Fanfiction.Net Profile

Astonishing Member

Haven't classic Fate and Strange done such?

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Yup.

Strange specifically destroyed a planet with a magical kung fu pressure point attack, and did it for use as propulsion.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sol_M View Post
    A good example of technology used to destroy a planet is the Hammer that Destroys Suns from Creatures of Light and Darkness, that's pretty much a giant crossbow that fires comets.
    Good one which requires some clarity. The Hammer That Smashes Suns is actually a device that quote 'drives [stars] to the limit of their stability' (it is actually meant to destroy STARS, not planets), not 'just' a comet-thrower (which would be pretty nasty, itself).

From the same series, Sun-Eyed Set the Destroyer fights the Nameless above a planet (they're fighting high in the atmosphere). Set, using the Star Wand, is putting out various energies and energy constructs, Green Lantern style, including stuff like sustained streams of 'the heat of an exploding star'. The Nameless is probably giving back an equal amount, or in that ballpark, considering it's a 'being' (haha) that can basically drain the life of a world (and fight against Set the Destroyer for days on end).

In this battle, the collateral from their fight (ie, not the focused power - that's aimed at each other - but the sidescatter from their clashes) tears the world beneath them asunder.

Again, from the same series, there's Typhon, Set's son, who is capable of engulfing an entire planet and sending it to Skagganauk Abyss, which is basically dimension dumping it to nowhere (ie, destroying it). Typhon could also flat-out annihilate a planet, I suppose, because anything that touches him perishes and he IS capable of growing planetary sized to consume things (he is nothing more than a 'dark horse shadow, limed in fire').

In the series, he consumes the spread-out wreckage of an entire planet (the one that comes apart in the battle between Set and the Nameless -- Typhon is trying to deal with the Nameless, who survives the interruption of its battle with Set by the Hammer That Smashes Suns, Set having been briefly KO'ed by that blast).
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 10-01-2018 at 07:35 AM.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    Classic Fate TK pushed a planet into a sun. He may have destroyed the planet but not directly by his own power so not sure it counts.

Dark Nebula destroyed the planet Calie and all life on it when the Calien people TP assaulted him

Dark Phoenix, I’m pretty sure.

Oh, and *cough* Alderaan, anyone?

Reed and T'challa created anti-matter bombs used to destroy numerous planets in Hickman's run
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Astonishing Member

The Galactic Patrol in the Lensmen books destroyed planets with using other planets for projectiles, using antimatter planets and 'strange' matter planets (faster than TFL) for projectiles. Also, they had a sun beam powered by a star.

Quote Originally Posted by beatboks View Post
    Classic Fate TK pushed a planet into a sun. He may have destroyed the planet but not directly by his own power so not sure it counts.
    I know OP said that merely wiping out life on a planet doesn't count for this thread, but LOL, moving a planet even without the sun involved would most definitely do that.

Back on topic, I imagine that pushing a planet would eventually lead to destroying it. Planets are sturdy, yes, but they're still balls of delicate powder in the cosmic scale.

Dr. Strange also destroyed a planet much more recently. He summoned an eldritch abomination which crushed a world while simultaneously tearing a class 100 opponent to pieces. All the while he was shit talking an enemy magician like "you are a charlatan using trinkets for power. Let me show you true magic!"

It was pretty good.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    Dr. Strange also destroyed a planet much more recently. He summoned an eldritch abomination which crushed a world while simultaneously tearing a class 100 opponent to pieces. All the while he was shit talking an enemy magician like "you are a charlatan using trinkets for power. Let me show you true magic!"

It was pretty good.
    No he didn't.

He summoned a monster that did tear multiple high end JL analogues apart with ease while talking shit.

But then he was stopped by the Illuminati (I think they repulsor beam shot him) because they didn't know if he was in control or not.

But he did NOT bust the planet. Namor pulled the trigger on the anti-matter bomb created by Reed and T'challa that destroyed the planet
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    No he didn't.

He summoned a monster that did tear multiple high end JL analogues apart with ease while talking shit.

But then he was stopped by the Illuminati (I think they repulsor beam shot him) because they didn't know if he was in control or not.

But he did NOT bust the planet. Namor pulled the trigger on the anti-matter bomb created by Reed and T'challa that destroyed the planet
    Ah, yes. That's right. The implication was that he was on his way to destroying it but they got freaked out.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

The Legion of Superheroes rogue Mano had the power to disintegrate anything with his "anti-matter touch." In two of the continuities (Original and Reboot), he could either push his power high enough, or let it charge over time, until it became strong enough to destroy an entire planet with one touch.