Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2424849505152

When the revelation of the final traitor and Magnus' assault took place, Goldie stared coldly at the Baron and his brood.

During the battle, she stayed back, keeping a close eye on the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughts
    Hm. This throw-down seems more suited to those with fancy powers. Best stay out of it. Besides... have no need for 'friends.' Just get through this and go back to the Klondike.
    Despite this, Goldie did find herself joining in a bit. Firing a shot from the Dillinger she kept in her garter holster, she hit one of Magnus' gang, but it had no effect.

She also threw a few punches here and there, but nothing to speak of came about from it.

When the dust settled and the desperadoes were vanquished, Goldie paused and looked a minute before wordlessly heading off...

Hmph. Too crazy outside the Klondike. Should'a just stayed home and sorted things out there. Honestly! More trouble than it's worth.
    Goldie glanced back momentarily, her gaze softening for the slightest of moments.

No sense in good-byes... Besides, friends are just suckers too soft or stupid to catch on to the scam. That deputy, though... raised by his aunt... lotsa kids of mining families orphaned back home... someone should do something... be their Aunt May...

Goldie shook her head, knocking back the idea.

... Huh. A bear? Why didn't I notice that earlier? Didn't know they could be tamed. Heh. Maybe I should get one and squat on that miser duck's claim. Then, when he comes around, he'll get the welcome he deserves!

And with that, she headed off into the sunset.

Epilogue

Harribel had stepped back into the world of the living.

"..."

She gave the gathered one final look before she opened a void like pathway behind herself and stepped through finding herself back in Hueco Mundo.

"Harribel!" Her three Fraccion would shout her name out in unison and try to swarm her. "We're you've been?! We've been worried sick."

"It's nice to see that you're all right."

"I'm glad too, if you'd been gone any longer than Appaci would've burned this place to the ground."

"Wh- you little-!"

Harribel only raised her hand to shush the bickering duo. "I'm fine, I will tell you everything...later." With that she'd head to her room leaving the bickering behind her. Perhaps Harribel could get finally get some peace before the next calamity happened.

Epilogue by Emmeline Frost-Summers, Part II

Next, I approached Reed Gunther and his bear, Sterling.

"It was a pleasure to meet you both", I said as I shook Reed's hand.

To Sterling, I communicated telepathically.

"You are truly a unique darling. Please take care of your best friend for me."

Then, I patted him on the head.

I approached Doc Brown next, and told him "thank you for everything my dear Doctor. I know we shared a lot, so I'm honored and flattered that I occupy the best memory of your life", as I smiled and poured two glasses of water.

We toasted to travels across time and the multiverse with the glasses of water.

Then, I approached Malcolm.

"Thank you for a wonderful time here, darling. I will take care and mentor Kaylee here for as long as she wishes. I guess I know where to find you in case I need to return her."

"And, keep on dancing."

The last thing I said to Malcolm gave me an idea.

(to be continued)

The Valkyrie's showdown at that curious Battle of Killgrave became something of a minor legend. Whether that truly had been her ex-sister wife or a projection of the Purple Man, it had repercussions, both physical and theological. There are of course various different versions of the legend, but one fact was mostly confirmed: Amora Lee used her enchantments to bend Jane Foster/Sif to her will and set her against The Valkyrie. It of course took no time for her enchanted gun Dragonfang to give her a purposeful minor flesh wound and revert her back to human form.

Some then say that The Valkyrie observed The Saint of Killers, and nodding in grim approval, did much the same to her hated foe.

Some say that the Enchantress Amora Lee twisted her fingers and spoke powerful runes, and bound them in a sphere of mystic energy. And what went on inside that sphere is unknown, though some swear a gunfight took place, and the minute Amora Lee was shot dead, the sphere dissipated. Others say Amora Lee won the gun fight and used her arts to assume The Valkyrie's form.

Many even said that afterwards, The Valkyrie and Prez were speaking to a strange yet familiar and very charming woman, who took Amora Lee by the arm and led her off to parts unknown.

Eventually, after the fierce firefight, The Valkyrie found her way to Donald Blake and Jane Foster, who used their medical training to tend to their minor wounds. They both looked at her with awe and pride in their eyes.

"Barbara! So beautiful! I love you! You've found your god-form - the Kingdom of Asgard is ever yours!"
    Donald said.

The Valkyrie sighed, and knelt by them both. "Thank you, Donald. I thank thee both, and shall be eternally grateful for being in thine family. Alas, I may no longer remain with thee."

Both gasped. Jane said, "Barbara! You're married to Donald, prophet of the True Faith! And you've achieved your Aesir god-form! A Valkyrie no less, like the one that came to Donald to reveal to him where the Golden Rune Tablets of the Book of Thormon in upstate New York. You've reached the Truth - why would you leave us and abandon all that?"

She sighed again. "Much hath been revealed to me, dear Jane. Thine beliefs are A truth, not THE truth. Many are the paths to the glories of Asgard and what the followers of the White Christ would deem Heaven. It hath been revealed to me that I have served older and different powers, e'en as I am a Valkyrior of Asgard. Nay, the woman who was once Barbara Norris be now Brunhilde. And I can no longer follow the path set before me by thee Donald.

I shall remain for the nonce with the good people of Marvel Town, as will some others who have been in this mad and wondrous Game. Doc Strange hath need of me and some others I have met of late - the merchant Mr. Richmond, the kindly youth Isaac Christians, Patricia Walker aka The Mountain Lioness, Doc Banner - we shall stand together to DEFEND when and where we shall be needed. This is to be my destiny for the nonce.

Farewell, my dear once-family. Make thy way to Holy Utah and live your faith. Thou shalt be in my hearts forever."

END! And a new beginning...
    Last edited by Indigo Al; 08-19-2014 at 01:44 PM.

A Letter to Marty McFly

Dear Marty,

Before you set off towards getting the time machine fixed and going home, I wanted tell you more about what happened to me while I was here in 1885.

I happened upon a small town called Marvel Town, where I was involved in some sort of Traitor Game! There were a wide variety of people; cowboys, Indians, superpowered people, a duck, a cowboy with a bear, and a space traveler. That space traveler, named Malcolm, even had his ship appear. Imagine that Marty, I got to see a spacefaring craft with my own eyes!

There were a few Pinkertons among us whose job was to root out the Desperadoes, who were eliminating the good guys one by one. And everyone else had an opportunity to point them out too. In the end, the good guys won, and the best thing is, no one died despite a lot of fighting and us believing some were brutally murdered.

But most of all, I want to tell you about Emmeline Frost-Summers! She was a married woman but her husband died. She was also formerly a goddess. Anyway, she was a telepath, she could read other's thoughts and communicate with her mind, in words, images, and she could even do things to help or hurt people with her powers.

And on top of all that, she was beautiful! I was stunned and honored when she asked me to dance with her in the saloon. But I drank some whiskey and fell unconscious about 10 seconds after we started dancing. But that's when another wonderful thing started; she used her power to bring me back to consciousness, we communicated with our thoughts, and her voice was even more beautiful in telepathy than her real voice. And as it turned out, she was one of the Pinkertons but she kept her identity secret. I'd like to think I helped her succeed but I'm not so sure of that.

So, I wanted to write another letter to you about my experiences here in Marvel Town. I hope the Western Union office here will be as reliable as the one in Hill Valley. Again, I hope you and my 1955 counterpart can get the DeLorean going a second time. Good luck!

Your Friend In Time,

Doctor Emmett Brown

P.S.
    That dance with Emmeline was the best moment of my life!!!!!!!

As Malcolm walked back to the shuttle a tall dark haired woman grabbed him by the arm.

“Mal. Don’t give this up. This is Earth That Was, humanities home. If you can’t find peace here then you’ll never have it. And without your crew, without your family, you’ll be alone. Forever. Is that what you want?”

“Inara-“

“We, as a race, tried to find a home, we terraformed a whole galaxy just trying to recreate what we’re standing on right now. You and me, and the crew, can start over here. Create a home that we were never able to find. We lived on a ship just because no other place could be what we needed.”

“Inara I’m coming back. I couldn’t leave you, I mean the crew. But first I’ve got to get my shuttle back from that 女巫的女人.”

Five Years Later
    The metallic ship glinted dully in the midday sun, putting off enormous amounts of heat that instantly made everyone in the immediate area thirsty, a very helpful trick for a bar.
    The Dark haired woman walked awkwardly over across the converted cargo bay. Being six months pregnant would have effect on someone.
    The Captain, the Foul Mouthed Man, the Preacher and the Big Damn Hero all sat at table Chinese checkers.
    The blonde and the dark haired psychics sat deep in a mental conversation at the counter where to doctor and the pilot stood tending bar.
    Just in from their travels around the Earth the dark haired psychic was telling the diamond woman about her planned trip into space to try to use her gifts to try to help people.
    The Doc was near the hull with the mechanic doing minor adjustments on the water generator. Even after five years the water system didn’t like to stay in alignment for more than a few weeks at a time.
    The woman finally made her way over to table where her husband and his crew sat. Mal got up and pulled her chair out for her, thanking him she sat down and leaned her head against his shoulder. Four years of marriage and they were still happy.

Five years after the Traitor Game the place that was their hell became they’re home.
    Last edited by Thuro Pendragon; 08-20-2014 at 01:20 AM.

Incredible Member

Scarred and battered - but still authoritative - Marshal Adams tipped his hat to Emmeline and Gyro. "Couldn't have asked for a better pair of Pinkertons." To Deputy Parker, he said, "Glad to be of assistance, Deputy." To everyone else, he simply nodded, as he mounted his horse.

"Seems my job here is done."

Without a look back, the marshal rode off out of Marville, to wherever another crisis loomed.

Incredible Member

Default What Was Up With the Marshal?

Somewhere in space. A menagerie of creatures and items from thousands upon thousands of worlds, meticulously captured, catalogued, and secured away, all for the benefit of the singular obsession of one man. Taneleer Tivan, known around the cosmos as the Collector.

As the Elder of the Universe pondered over his most recent acquisition- a - three heavily armed figures entered the chamber, carrying a dark bundle.

"Delivery for you, Collector." One of the group- Janus, their leader- set his cargo down carefully on the floor, unwrapping it. It was a bald man in black western-style clothing.

"Ah! My Delos model 406!" The Collector clenched his hands in spasms of excitement. "You've come home at last!" He sauntered over to inspect his delivery, picking at it like a nervous father. "Severe burns to the face and arms," he noted judgmentally, "The clothing is no problem to replace, but the rest. En Dwi Gast will have to compensate me for that..."

Janus cleared his throat. "Ahem. Our fee?"

Tivan waved dismissively. "Yes, yes. Of course." Reaching into a nearby cabinet, he produced several gold-plated credit bars. "Twenty thousand, as agreed?" Janus accepted the money, nodding. He and his companions exited without another word.

"And you, my prize," Tivan turned his obsessive attention back to the cargo. "What have you brought me?"

Almost tenderly, he touched the man's face, tracing its contours. Then, fingers dug into the charred skin, reaching underneath the dermis, and sliding the face off to reveal... circuitry!

The Collector grasped the visual relays within the robot's face, connecting them to a nearby monitor. As he played back the memories of "Marshal Adams," a slow smile crept across his face.

"Yes, yes. My brother, the Grandmaster, will be well pleased with your work, my pet," he crowed. "Well pleased, indeed!"

Epilogue by Emmeline Frost-Summers, Part III

Time was running short, and I realized I left some words unsaid. So I resorted to telepathy.

One thing I remembered to address was with Marshall Chris Adams and Gyro Zeppelli again.

"I know my feelings... clouded my vision and got in the way at times. I apologize for that, my fellow Pinkertons. But remember that we accomplished our mission with minimum casualty."

Another person I forgot to say farewell to was Listens-To-Wind.

"Thank you for your belief in me, sir. I will take your kind words with me and remember you, always. Be strong and continue to be the wonderful soul you are."

Finally, to Gyro Zeppelli, Malcolm Reynolds, Doctor Emmett Brown, and Groot, I had prepared for each a unique telepathic gift.

It was a very vivid memory of the dance I had with each of them, respectively. Neatly wrapped in a psychic package, whenever each would think of that event, they would relive the dance exactly as it occurred before, in their minds.

"I hope you enjoy this gift of the memory," I projected to each of them, "the dance will live on as long as you do. I hope we have this dance in reality again."

That moment touched my emotions, realizing I would in all likelihood see none of them ever again. Combined with what I was setting out to do after the events of Marvel Town, I broke down. Emotions were still something I was in the state of rediscovering.

I then looked over to Kaylee, and asked if she really wanted to come with me. She replied , telepathically, "yes, I want to gain control of this." At that moment, some others turned their heads, to which I smiled.

We departed Marvel Town, the site of my first experience in the mortal world after immortality. My mission now was to find the Scott Summers of this existence, whether he was alive, dead, married, or indifferent. He was, and is, the one true love of my life.

Whatever happens after that, I would be at peace with.

END OF JOURNAL - Traitor Game

Quote Originally Posted by Emmeline View Post
    It was a very vivid memory of the dance I had with each of them, respectively. Neatly wrapped in a psychic package, whenever each would think of that event, they would relive the dance exactly as it occurred before, in their minds.

"I hope you enjoy this gift of the memory," I projected to each of them, "the dance will live on as long as you do. I hope we have this dance in reality again."

"I AM GROOT."

"Yup, I guess it is time to mosey on down to our next stop. Ladies. Gentlemen. It's been a pleasure."

The Star-Lord puts on his mask as he & Groot head off.

"Where to partner?"

"I AM GROOT."

"I wasn't gonna rob that train!"
    GLORIOUS!

Default Epilogue: Star-Lord & Groot Part 1

Continuing on to their next adventure, Peter Quill & Groot meet up with a rather unexpected guest.

"Peter."

"Great. Just great."

"I'm not here to cause any problems. Frankly, I'm quite tired of all our "confrontations". I'm here to offer you one last opportunity to join me in the Spartax Army. All I want is to provide you with some direction in your life."

"...Crazy as this might sound, dad, I've had quite some time thinking about this. Honestly, it's never gonna work. Our personalities are too different and we'd be at each other's throats within hours. And if I can continue being honest here...well....you're kind of a prick, pa. So no, I'm not joining your army. I'm happy being the Shooting Star-Lord, Legendary Outlaw of the Wild West. If you can't accept that...well I reckon you can kiss m---"

"Stubborn to the very the end. Just like your mother. The main reason why I fell in love with her in the first place. Listen, if we're being honest here, I might as well tell you the whole truth as well.

We're not from this time period."

"What the hell are you talk---"

"Let me finish. I met your mother in the 20th century. We fell in love, and she gave birth to you. However, in my life as an adventurer, I've made a lot of enemies. One particular enemy was a time traveling maniac named Kang the Conqueror. Thirsting for revenge, he threatened to kill you and your mother. Using his own technology, I sent you, your mother, and myself to this alternate world hoping to stay clear of Kang's radar and start a new life together. Of course, things didn't go as planned, but I was hoping we can work together to finally take Kang and bring him to justice."

"....The future. The 20th century. Wow...that has got to be the biggest crock of %$#& I have ever heard in my life."

"If you don't believe me, look no further than Groot. He too is from the future and I tasked him with protecting you since you were a baby."

"I AM GROOT."

"Yes, I see your rather vulgar choice of language has rubbed off on Groot as well."

"Listen, I don't know if what you said is true, but I think its time we went our separate ways. For good this time."

"So be it, son. But I want you to have this. This was your mother's. The one thing she loved just as much as you was music, and she would've loved nothing more than for you to have this."

"Wha-what is this?"

"Your mother's cassette player and headphones. Put them on and just push play. Be well, my son."

And with that, Jason leaves.

"So this was ma's. I honestly don't know wh---"

"Well, well, well. If it isn't Peter Quill...the Shitty Star-Lord"

Bad News Blastaar. One of the roughest, toughest enforcers of the Negative Gang.
    "Correct me if I'm wrong, Quill, but I believe you still owe us some money."

"Great....just great"

Continued next post...
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 08-20-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

Default Epilogue: Star-Lord & Groot Part 2

"So what's it gonna be, Quill? You gonna pay up, or do I have break some legs."

"I AM GROOT!"

"What'd that tree freak just say?"

"Ol' Groot here was actually talking about the varmint that just showed up behind you."

"The hell are y---"

GALACTUS.

'NUFF SAID.
    "GALACTUS HUNGERS."

"....Yes, well I see everything is in order here. I believe I will bid you good day, sir."

"ALL WILL FALL TO THE POWER COSMIC."

"I AM GROOT?"

"....Yeah, sure. You only live once, right?"

Quill puts on the headphones that once belonged to his mother, and pushes play on the cassette player. The first song from the tape begins playing.* Underneath the mask, Quill is grinning ear to ear.

"I AM GROOT!"

"Damn right. Let's get 'em, partner!"

Never The End!

*Feel free to substitute the song with any of the awesome ones from the Guardians movie - Purps~!**
    **Queen rocks. 'Nuff Said - Purps~!
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 08-20-2014 at 08:55 PM.
    GLORIOUS!