Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    "Perhaps we will, Ms. Summers", Doc replied.

He raised his hand to the barkeep. "Ms. Parker, I'll have what the lovely lady here is having, and another one for her as well".

Emmeline was enjoying the vintage western drinks but needed to slow down.

"Thank you dear," she said as she received another, but didn't drink it yet.

Doc took his hat off, put it against his chest, and bowed slightly. "I'm so sorry for your loss Emmeline."

He pretended to drink the whiskey shot, then threw the glass towards the corner of the room.

"If there's anything I can do to help, just find me."

Emmeline felt a little bad for Doctor Brown.

She wondered if it was out of anger or frustration that he didn't drink the whiskey. Emma thought of what to do.

She thought of what she would do if it was Henry McCoy walking away from the bar. Then, she knew what do to.

"May, dear, another shot please!" she shouted to May Parker. "And could you turn up the music as well?"

With two drinks in hand, she got up and stopped Doctor Brown.

"I'll warn you, I'm not a very good dancer, but may I have this dance?" she asked, smiling.
    Last edited by Mari; 07-28-2014 at 02:07 AM.

"Take it easy May. I'll handle this." Mal pours a shot and while walking by the band tells them to put on something a little more jaunty. "Your drink Ma'am."

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    "Take it easy May. I'll handle this." Mal pours a shot and while walking by the band tells them to put on something a little more jaunty. "Your drink Ma'am."
    Emmeline smiled at him. "Funny, you suddenly look a lot younger and more masculine, May. But thank you dear."

In her mind, as he instructed the band to play louder, she realized there wasn't any type of radio or electrical music player of any sort in the saloon, or possibly anywhere in this world's existence. She wished she had read more history, but stopped herself realizing this world's history was different from her own.

She took both drinks and before walking away from the bar, she remarked "It may be the drinks getting to me but I can't recall your name."

"And if you're adventurous, I'll try to guess it later without you telling me."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremi View Post
    Harribel was surprised by the question. "I have no currency. To give to you or to spend myself."
    Reed is left pretty dumbfounded. "Sterling!" he hollers back to his friend. "She doesn't have money either! What are we going to do?"

But a few moments later, the music got louder, so Reed turns back to the woman, asking, "Say, you wouldn't happen to... that is, if'n you don't mind... can we dance?"

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Parker View Post
    Then Peter's head darted towards the door as he heard a BOOM!, and he saw The Captain.

"We got a new arrival!" he'd tell the group
    Quote Originally Posted by Harribel View Post
    Feeling the tremor she'd step out to see the Captain's ass up in the air. Nobody wanted to see that and with a swift tug she would've pulled him from the crater and unto his ass.
    "Ow. Thanks... uh..."

The man known primarily as 'The Captain' failed to avert his gaze from the Arrancar's undercleavage.

"...ma'am." As an afterthought, he moved to tip his missing hat. It was then that he noticed exactly where he'd landed.

"Oh, no. I'm back in Marveltown aren't I?"

He promptly staggered to his feet, marching into the bar with a dedicated, alcoholic, familiarity.

Gyro would look the Maxx eye to eye, before he smiled.

"Don't worry, I'm noting going to fight him. So Relax Maxx!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frost-Summers View Post

"I'll warn you, I'm not a very good dancer, but may I have this dance?" she asked, smiling.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Gryo would pout over exaggeratedly. Mumbling words to himself as he watched jealously.

"He'll probably dance his way grave before they'd stop dancing."

Quote Originally Posted by Harribel View Post
    She'd turn to face Gyro. "I care for my subordinates and don't kill for power. Anger comes rarely, saved for only a few who have garnered my wrath."

Gyro would let those words sink in. Scarifying yourself for you friends or subordinates is a noble trait. Not many would do they. Even Gyro questioned himself if he could do that for his Johnny, if he need to.

Scratching his head, he look at the woman.

"Then I better avoid you're wrath then. It's good to know you're angry is like your current clothing. Lacking. Nyo ho ho ho!"

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    Hey son. I'm manning the bar for the day while MJ is out doing kids her age do. So what was that? Water? Coming right up. Whereabouts you from stranger?
    A capable young man with a hardy look to him moseyed over to take his request. How hadn't he noticed him? Was age finally catching up?

"Oh, US. Great Lakes area. Travelled around a bit since then though. Yourself?"

He thanked Malcolm for the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    Reed doesn't quite interpret it the way Sterling intended. "Oh! You think she has enough to cover the both of us? Well, I'm not all that fond of asking women for money, but I guess it'll do." Reed jumps off his stool and makes his way over. Taking off his hat, and doing his best to look humble, he says, "'Scuse me, miss, but me and my friend seem to be short on cash. Would you do a couple cowboys a favor and pay for 'em?"
    "This isn't good. Might not be able to pay for our drinks. Not a good first impression.

Consarnit, what I wouldn't kill for some sort of diversion."

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    THOOOOOM!

...is the sound of a would-be-already-slightly-drunk hero crashing headfirst into the ground outside the saloon. The vibrations from the impact shook the inside of the building, rattling glasses, upsetting tables, and spooking steeds.

What a great first impression.

...perfect for a ☠☠☠☠ kicking.
    "That'll do!"

"Oh, no. I'm back in Marveltown aren't I?"
    "Marveltown indeed, friend. Where you live young, die fast, but the women sure are easy! C'mon. Let's go get a drink. Groot, help our new friend up."

"I AM GROOT!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain
    He promptly staggered to his feet, marching into the bar with a dedicated, alcoholic, familiarity.

"Groot, I think this is the beginning of beautiful new friendship."

"I AM GROOT!"

"He don't got any money either? Dang."
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shark lady View Post
    "All faiths are corrupted in the hands of humans." Harribel replied off hand to the religious man. She knew first hand what a cult of personality could lead to...for her it was a sword through her gut.
    Doctor Blake regarded the strange woman with the fearsome, ferocious mask and the immodest sense of dress. She looked like she could be some sort of evil spirit from The Outer Darkness of Hel - err, Heck. "I'd be interested to know more about what you mean, Miss-? I'm Donald Blake.

I agree that there are all sorts of false and corrupted faiths. Only a faith that lets you see and experience the love and miracles of the Spirit, one that lets you preside over your own planet in the Nine Worlds at the right hand of Heavenly All-Father, is valid. This is just my viewpoint, mind you, and I don't mean to offend."

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord and Groot View Post
    "Marveltown indeed, friend. Where you live young, die fast, but the women sure are easy! C'mon. Let's go get a drink. Groot, help our new friend up."

"I AM GROOT!"
    He spoke with the disillusioned tone you'd expect from someone who tried that lifestyle before.

"Don't remind me. I've lived here my whole life. Sorta. Still..."

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord and Groot
    "Groot, I think this is the beginning of beautiful new friendship."

"I AM GROOT!"

"He don't got any money either? Dang."
    The Captain whispers out of the side of his mouth.

"It's okay. I've got a tab."

He runs his fingers along the bar grabbing an idle bottle in the corner and sneakily stuffing it into his coat. With a raised hand he gestured to Mal Reynolds behind the bar.

"How you doing? Frank Castle. Couple of glasses of whiskey for myself, the fella in the gas mask and the big guy."

NEXTWAVE~! When life gives you lemons, accidentally drink stolen turpentine.

The Captain whispers out of the side of his mouth.

"It's okay. I've got a tab."

"Whew! Thanks for the save, pal. Last time I didn't pay up a tab, I was almost hung for it."
    "I AM GROOT!"

"Tell me about it! Good thing they mistook you for an actual tree when they tried to hang me from your arm."

"How you doing? Frank Castle. Couple of glasses of whiskey for myself, the fella in the gas mask and the big guy."
    "Name's Peter Quill. The Shooting-Star-Lord. Now Frank Castle, you say? Hmm...I know a Frank Castle. You don't seem to fit his description, but hey, its not like we live in a small world. The Frank Castle I know is a buddy of mine..."

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback - A Fortnight Ago...

"Give me back my money, Quill!"
    "I haven't seen you 'round these parts, Frank. Whatever you do for a living must keep you mobile."
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Emmeline View Post
    "We all have our fair share of... secrets of course," she reassured. "Regrets over actions taken and not taken. I am not a law enforcer so you have nothing to worry about from me."

Emmeline looked around again.

"And I can't begin to guess, but I know you and I, and Groot have much more to worry about from others here".
    Groot had been taken aback by Emmeline's beauty. He had been quiet while Peter spoke to her. Finally, he mustered up enough courage to speak to the socialite. Now Groot had a million things running through his mind of what to say to Emmeline. One could only imagine what he was thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by From the Mind of Groot!
    "Oh my dear Emmeline, truly yours is a beauty that cannot be matched. When the sun shines, you shine brighter. When the moon glows, you glow more vividly. Your flowing hair. Your mesmerizing eyes. Your soft touch. Truly, they broke the mold when you were created. You are living proof of the wonder and beauty of the human race and why embrace it with all my heart.

I believe it was William Shakespeare who put it best...

Shall I compare thee to a summer’s day?
    Thou art more lovely and more temperate.
    Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
    And summer’s lease hath all too short a date.
    Sometime too hot the eye of heaven shines,
    And often is his gold complexion dimmed;
    And every fair from fair sometime declines,
    By chance, or nature’s changing course, untrimmed;
    But thy eternal summer shall not fade,
    Nor lose possession of that fair thou ow’st,
    Nor shall death brag thou wand’rest in his shade,
    When in eternal lines to Time thou grow’st.
    So long as men can breathe, or eyes can see,
    So long lives this, and this gives life to thee.
    "
    Of course, if you're not a telepath (or Peter Quill), all you probably heard and understood was...

"I AM GROOT!"
    GLORIOUS!

The Saint of Killers Superheroic's Avatar

The Saint of Killers strode straight from Hell and into...Marvel Town. He had expected to be back in Ratwater to reap vengence upon McCready but it looks like that would have to wait.

"Can't never trust the Devil," he growled. He stalked into the bar with the others an air of menace clinging about him. He sat at the bar then glowered as a woman approached him.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Norris Blake View Post
    "Long way from Illinois, reaper." she said with a voice of cold steel.
    "Reckon you have me mistaken for someone else," he rasped. Words like spiders crawled from his mouth in a grinding whisper. "Help you with something?"

Quote Originally Posted by Saint View Post

"Reckon you have me mistaken for someone else," he rasped. Words like spiders crawled from his mouth in a grinding whisper. "Help you with something?"

"Could be. But I know Death when I see him. And if you aren't him, he's all around you."
    Barbara Norris replied, eyes fixed coldly.

Quote Originally Posted by Groot View Post
    Groot had been taken aback by Emmeline's beauty. He had been quiet while Peter spoke to her. Finally, he mustered up enough courage to speak to the socialite. Now Groot had a million things running through his mind of what to say to Emmeline. One could only imagine what he was thinking...

Of course, if you're not a telepath (or Peter Quill), all you probably heard and understood was...

"I AM GROOT!"
    Emmeline was stunned.

She heard the thoughts of Groot. She wondered if he was a telepath, or was it her own abilities that transmitter his thoughts.

She thought some provocative inner thoughts. No reaction from Groot.

"I guess my gift is back," Emmeline thought to herself, "I guess it needed some time to recover".

So, she returned her thinking to the subject of Groot. Were his thoughts so passionate towards her that it revived her telepathy? She wondered, and concluded it was a strong possibility.

"I may as well test the engine now", Emmeline thought to herself as she readied to give a telepathic reply to Groot:

"Dear Groot,

I am overwhelmed by your thoughts and passion. I've been approached many ways but never in the words of Shakespeare... I fear I will fall from your grace as I can not quote the same. If those words are your vision of me, I am truly and completely flattered, but I fear your eyes, or my telepathy, is deceiving you.

In time, you will see me for my imperfections. And you will see we are different in many ways, much less being human and you a... different being.

You may discover I appear to be missing a heart... I tell you it is there, but broken. Please understand me for saying "let us be very, very good friends", and after a few days or even hours... either way you won't feel the need to quote Shakespeare to me any more."