Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    "As long as you aren't planning on shooting me I'll be perfectly fine."
    "Thank you for a lovely time, dear" Emmeline said as they concluded their time on the dancing floor.

Emmeline looked around, and went back to the bar. "May, dear," she exclaimed, "another glass of water please, it's been a fun time so far and I believe there's more to come!"

Quote Originally Posted by Mal View Post
    I ain't been a young man in a long time son.
    The older man grinned.

"You're still young to me, sir! But I don't mean nothin' by it."

Quote Originally Posted by Mal
    But to answer your question I fly around doin odd jobs here and there and every thing in 'tween. Got a print of it here.
    Oh my. So, this man was from the future. That means Listens-To-Wind was not the only one plucked from his timeline. Why did he have to spend his last moments in a foreign land, in Edinburgh of all places? Why not somewhere in the Great Plains, or by the Huron?

"That's a pretty boat! She sail well?" He said, trying to adapt around what might be future lingo. Maybe Mal will think he's being metaphorical.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordru
    Without opening his eyes, Mordru snapped his fingers. Immediately, the brooms around May began to sweep on their own. Within minutes, the floor was spotless."A platter of your finest delicacies if you would." he said holding out his hands. His eyes remained closed.
    Yet another display from this wizard Mordru. Listens-To-Wind sipped his water as he watched a nearby broom sweep away stubborn dirt and dust, happening to reach his boots in the process. The Senior Council member was impressed that the man could enchant them all without any preparation beforehand.

He lifted his drink in Mordru's direction.

"From one wizard to another, here-here."

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle Moonstar
    "Not too long ago, my grandfather spoke to me to discuss my future. It was then... that we saw a vision. A vision of him being attacked and murdered by outlaws. Soon after, that vision came true...You are right. I am on a mission of vengeance. It will only end when Pierce is made to pay for his crimes."
    Listens-To-Wind couldn't help but see himself in this Danielle Moonstar. He knew something about what it felt like to be wronged by those of European descent.

They have caused anger and regret he has been dealing with for several hundred years now.

"Grief only weighs you down." He said, more to himself really. He wasn't sure if he was ready to have this talk with Moonstar. It might stir too much long buried.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers
    "Reckon you have me mistaken for someone else," he rasped. Words like spiders crawled from his mouth in a grinding whisper. "Help you with something?"
    Listens-To-Wind shuddered as the entity walked in. He had felt similar presences before, Mother Summer or Mother Winter, but this might be even more potent, and much more malicious in nature. He felt like he wanted to dive into a freshwater spring. He kept an eye on that one, fearing for Mal or May's lives, for all the good he might do against this figure. And the polygamist who accused him, she sensed it too. Perhaps she possessed an untapped magical talent? Was she a Sensitive? He might inquire once he got the scope of this Marvel Town situation down.

Quote Originally Posted by Masterbasset View Post
    The older man grinned.
    Oh my. So, this man was from the future. That means Listens-To-Wind was not the only one plucked from his timeline. Why did he have to spend his last moments in a foreign land, in Edinburgh of all places? Why not somewhere in the Great Plains, or by the Huron?

"That's a pretty boat! She sail well?" He said, trying to adapt around what might be future lingo. Maybe Mal will think he's being metaphorical.
    "Actually I''m a space-man. Got dropped off on this rock by a witch of a woman named Saffron. Mainly I'm just trying to figure out how this picture perfect replica of Earth-That-Was came to be. But for now I'm just helping tend bar. Actually my shifts over. Mind if I join you? Still haven't open'd that beer yet."

After Emmeline finished a glass of water, she looked towards Danielle Moonstar.

She wondered if this Dani Moonstar knew Emmeline in her existence. She thought back to her conversation and revelation with Baron Magnus... how important it was for her. She realized this should be investigated as well.

Emmeline approached Danielle Moonstar.

"Dani Moonstar, do you know me? Emmeline Frost-Summers?"

Quote Originally Posted by Weird mustache man View Post
    But a few moments later, the music got louder, so Reed turns back to the woman, asking, "Say, you wouldn't happen to... that is, if'n you don't mind... can we dance?"
    She'd look at the man with a cool look in her eyes. "I do mind."

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    "Ow. Thanks... uh..."

The man known primarily as 'The Captain' failed to avert his gaze from the Arrancar's undercleavage.

"...ma'am." As an afterthought, he moved to tip his missing hat. It was then that he noticed exactly where he'd landed.
    It wasn't hard for her to see where he was looking.

"I didn't do it for you, nobody wanted to see that." The look didn't garner him any favors.

Quote Originally Posted by Weird man View Post
    "Then I better avoid you're wrath then. It's good to know you're angry is like your current clothing. Lacking. Nyo ho ho ho!"
    This man and the other one could go joke in a corner for all she cared. "Yes, you should." Neither did Gyro's humors remark.

Quote Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
    Doctor Blake regarded the strange woman with the fearsome, ferocious mask and the immodest sense of dress. She looked like she could be some sort of evil spirit from The Outer Darkness of Hel - err, Heck. "I'd be interested to know more about what you mean, Miss-? I'm Donald Blake.

I agree that there are all sorts of false and corrupted faiths. Only a faith that lets you see and experience the love and miracles of the Spirit, one that lets you preside over your own planet in the Nine Worlds at the right hand of Heavenly All-Father, is valid. This is just my viewpoint, mind you, and I don't mean to offend."
    "I find my own thoughts guiding me to be more than enough." She remarked bluntly. "And none taken."
    Last edited by Jeremi; 07-29-2014 at 03:58 AM.

The Saint of Killers Superheroic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Norris View Post

"Could be. But I know Death when I see him. And if you aren't him, he's all around you."
    The Saint of Killers poured and drank a shot of whiskey for himself. "You got no idea. Saint of Killers is what they call me. I killed the Devil himself."

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    "See? That's what I'm talking about. I bet you they won't ask that guy to pay up.

...I should get his name before this tab falls through."
    The Saint stood up and walked over to the Captain. "Saint of Killers. Best do well to remember it." He tossed a dollar coin onto the bar, it read 1878.

Quote Originally Posted by May Parker View Post
    "By the way, anybody who ignored my request to leave their weapons outside can just put them in this here box 'til you're ready to pay up and leave," May added, pulling out the box and her shotgun from behind the bar. "Peter, I'm countin' on you as deputy to keep the peace."
    The Saint eyed the box then looked to May Parker. "Don't think so," he growled. "And you wouldn't either if you knew what I went through to get these guns."

Quote Originally Posted by Parker View Post
    "Yes ma'amUrrgghhhOHMYStARSANDGARTERSMYEYESHAVESEENTHEC OMINGOFTHEGLORYOFTHELORD!" Deputy Parker would say, grabbing the side of the bar and clutching his head. Teeth gnashing and the sound of wood snapping as Deputy Parker steeled himself, then shook his head, forehead scrunched up as he looked away from The Saint of Killers.
    "Something botherin' you, fella?"

Quote Originally Posted by Listens-To-Wind View Post
    Listens-To-Wind shuddered as the entity walked in. He had felt similar presences before, Mother Summer or Mother Winter, but this might be even more potent, and much more malicious in nature. He felt like he wanted to dive into a freshwater spring. He kept an eye on that one, fearing for Mal or May's lives, for all the good he might do against this figure.

"Howdy."

Rejected by Harribel, Reed slumps his way back to the bar, just in time to hear a newcomer give some exciting news.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpooligan View Post
    The Captain whispers out of the side of his mouth.

"It's okay. I've got a tab."

He runs his fingers along the bar grabbing an idle bottle in the corner and sneakily stuffing it into his coat. With a raised hand he gestured to Mal Reynolds behind the bar.

"How you doing? Frank Castle. Couple of glasses of whiskey for myself, the fella in the gas mask and the big guy."
    It crosses Reed's mind that this fella could pay for his drinks, too, of course, but before he can ask, the owner shoots 'em all down, with words, not pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    "Your 'tab' outran my forebearance last time you were here," retorted May Parker, deftly retrieving the bottle from under the Captain's coat. Placing a bowl of stew in front of Mal, she said, "You've done your fair share of work, and I thank you, Mister. You want whiskey, beer or sarsparilla?" She then turned to the other would-be freeloaders and said, "Anyone else wanta earn their food and drink, there's dishes that need washin' and a floor that needs sweepin'."

"By the way, anybody who ignored my request to leave their weapons outside can just put them in this here box 'til you're ready to pay up and leave," May added, pulling out the box and her shotgun from behind the bar. "Peter, I'm countin' on you as deputy to keep the peace."
    "Never meant to be a freeloader, miss." Reed puts his revolver in the box. He says with some exasperation, "Keep an eye on it, Sterling, and everyone else, too. Looks like I have dishes to wash." Reed makes his way to the back and does as he's told.

Quote Originally Posted by Superheroic View Post
    The Saint of Killers poured and drank a shot of whiskey for himself. "You got no idea. Saint of Killers is what they call me. I killed the Devil himself."
    Barbara narrowed her eyes. "The Devil, you say? If that Devil didn't go by the name of Loki-fer, you didn't get the right devil."

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm View Post
    "Actually I''m a space-man. Got dropped off on this rock by a witch of a woman named Saffron. Mainly I'm just trying to figure out how this picture perfect replica of Earth-That-Was came to be. But for now I'm just helping tend bar. Actually my shifts over. Mind if I join you? Still haven't open'd that beer yet."
    "Space-space? Like up there? Partner, I'm sure lotta folk have called you nutso before for claiming to be from space. But then again, I look at Groot, and maybe you ain't just spouting baloney. Tell me, what's it like up there in the stars?"

Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers View Post
    "Peter Quill. The Shooting Star-Lord. Can't say I ever killed the devil himself. Although I did shoot up a couple of Satanists who wanted to burn down a whole village. Crazy crackpots if you ask me. You must have some special pistols there to accomplish what you did, friend. But seriously, did you really kill the actual devil? Cause there's a lotta folk who claim to be the devil 'round these parts. Heck, ever heard of Matt Murdock? He's some hot shot lawyer fella, but word around the saloons is he walks around in this ridiculous bogeyman getup and calls himself the Dark Devil. Murdock then scares them hombres into fessin' up their crimes. What's funny is he keeps swearing up and down he's not the Dark Devil even though he clearly is. Heck, I don't even think he's blind!

But now I'm rambling. So what brings you to Marvel Town?"
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Masterbasset View Post

Yet another display from this wizard Mordru. Listens-To-Wind sipped his water as he watched a nearby broom sweep away stubborn dirt and dust, happening to reach his boots in the process. The Senior Council member was impressed that the man could enchant them all without any preparation beforehand.

He lifted his drink in Mordru's direction.

"From one wizard to another, here-here."
    Mordru raised an eyebrow."I was not expecting another master of the arcane arts to be here as well. Where did you learn to master your powers?"
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quill View Post
    "Don't be taken aback by Groot's unique appearance. He may tower over us, but he's got a heart of gold."

"I AM GROOT."

Groot takes a small flower growing from his shoulder and gives it to Danielle.
    Danielle slowly accepted the flower, taking a close look at it.

"I was told that Marvel Town was a diverse place. The sort that attracts all kinds of people. That is good."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quill View Post
    "As for who Judge Ronan is, he's the worst kind of bastard--a corrupt political figure. Ronan's always goin' around accusing folks of crimes they may or may not have committed evidence be damned. It's like a witch hunt with that guy. As far as I'm concerned, if he don't like you, he'll find a means to put you away for good. Whether that means in jail or six feet under depends on how much he dislikes you. Worst part of it all is, he's almost untouchable. Just when you think you have something to take him down, he'll finds a way to get out of it. Probably due to the fact that he's got a powerful ally in the Supreme Court. Right now, I've managed to stay off his radar, but I'm sure that will only be temporary."

"I AM GROOT?"

"Groot, for the record, I only injured his leg.

By running it over with a stage coach...

But it's not like I ran over it again...

Multiple times.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is he's nothing but bad news. The day Judge Ronan's little "empire" burns to the ground, I'll be there to add more coal to the fire."
    Moonstar scowled. This Judge Ronan sounded as terrible as the white men who broke their treaties. "It sounds like he had it coming." she said.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnus View Post
    Magnus winced at hearing that name.

"That is not a name I have heard in a while dear girl. Pierce is in England. I left him with a warning last we talked. Survive this Traitor Game and I'll gladly take you to him" he'd tell her, hand out for her to shake.
    "England?" Moonstar asked. "That is ... across the sea."

Another name Magnus had mentioned came to her. "This Charles you mentioned ... would he be Charles Xavier?"

Quote Originally Posted by blonde woman View Post
    Barbara nodded. She reached for a glass of water and took a sip, eyeing the back of May Parker's fully stocked bar and licking her lips. "That need for justice...that anger...all those nights you spend dreaming of the people you loved, taken from you by some evil ... takes a good solid grip on you and never lets go, doesn't it? My daddy was murdered before my eyes when I was a child. I haven't yet stopped looking for his killer.

And I got more than one score to settle. My ex sister-wife, Amora Lee. She tried to destroy me several times."
    Moonstar stared at the strange blonde woman. "It seems we have a few things in common after all. I am Danielle Moonstar of the Cheyenne. And you are..?"

Quote Originally Posted by Emmeline Frost-Summers View Post

After Emmeline finished a glass of water, she looked towards Danielle Moonstar.

She wondered if this Dani Moonstar knew Emmeline in her existence. She thought back to her conversation and revelation with Baron Magnus... how important it was for her. She realized this should be investigated as well.

Emmeline approached Danielle Moonstar.

"Dani Moonstar, do you know me? Emmeline Frost-Summers?"

"Emmeline Frost-Summers?" Moonstar asked.

"I am sorry. I don't believe I've heard that name before."

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Moonstar stared at the strange blonde woman. "It seems we have a few things in common after all. I am Danielle Moonstar of the Cheyenne. And you are..?"

"I'm Barbara Norris Blake. I'm wife to the Founder and Prophet of the Church of Thor Odinson of Latter-Day Aesir."
    she nodded, extending her hand. "I'm sorry for your loss."

The Saint of Killers Superheroic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Norris View Post
    "If that Devil didn't go by the name of Loki-fer, you didn't get the right devil."
    "Satan. Lucifer. Whatever it is they name him in Church. Never had no use for religion myself. Reckon I been learnin' though."

Quote Originally Posted by Star Lord View Post
    "But now I'm rambling. So what brings you to Marvel Town?"
    "Don't rightly know. I was on my back to Ratwater. Had some...vengeance to perpetrate. Ended up here with ice in my heart and rage in my veins."

Quote Originally Posted by Saint of Killers View Post
    "Don't rightly know. I was on my back to Ratwater. Had some...vengeance to perpetrate. Ended up here with ice in my heart and rage in my veins."
    "Ratwater, huh? Sounds like a heavenly place. Heh."

"I AM GROOT?

"That's Groot. He wants to know if there's ever a moment where you don't have ice in your heart and rage in your veins."
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 07-29-2014 at 11:06 AM.
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Superheroic View Post
    "Satan. Lucifer. Whatever it is they name him in Church. Never had no use for religion myself. Reckon I been learnin' though."

Barbara eyed Danielle. "Join the posse, pal. My husband says I need to let go of my anger and hate, to give it to Heavenly All-Father. But I keep reminding him that his Doctrines talk about blood atonement. And I - I'm not going to wait for Odin to do it for me."