Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Emmeline View Post
    "Dear Groot,

I am overwhelmed by your thoughts and passion. I've been approached many ways but never in the words of Shakespeare... I fear I will fall from your grace as I can not quote the same. If those words are your vision of me, I am truly and completely flattered, but I fear your eyes, or my telepathy, is deceiving you.

In time, you will see me for my imperfections. And you will see we are different in many ways, much less being human and you a... different being.

You may discover I appear to be missing a heart... I tell you it is there, but broken. Please understand me for saying "let us be very, very good friends", and after a few days or even hours... either way you won't feel the need to quote Shakespeare to me any more."

"I AM.....GROOT."

"Its okay, partner. So you got "Kemosabe-zoned". There's plenty of other...uh....leaves on the ground I guess? Look, what I'm saying is, you'll be fine, Groot."

"I AM GROOT."

"I know. You're my best pal too. Emmeline don't realize what she's missing out on."

Quill turns around real quick towards Emmeline.

He gestures to her as if he was saying "morse code me" followed by his trademark wink and smile."

"C'mon, Groot. I think that Frank Castle guy is buying everyone another round."
    GLORIOUS!

Veteran Junior Member Wolvie616's Avatar

Just as Star-Lord wingman's Groot back to the Bar, another man steps into the Saloon

"Well, I reckon you youngen's are all here for the game. The name's Clay"

Quote Originally Posted by Star-Lord View Post
    "Whew! Thanks for the save, pal. Last time I didn't pay up a tab, I was almost hung for it."

"Name's Peter Quill. The Shooting-Star-Lord. Now Frank Castle, you say? Hmm...I know a Frank Castle. You don't seem to fit his description, but hey, its not like we live in a small world. The Frank Castle I know is a buddy of mine... I haven't seen you 'round these parts, Frank. Whatever you do for a living must keep you mobile."
    "My name's actually..." he wracked his brain for a minute, as if trying to remember, "The Captain. Not that small a world since the 'Frank Castle' thing is total ☠☠☠☠. I think they see any guy with dark hair and a trenchcoat and are too afraid to collect the drink money.

...so I guess I started up his tab ever since I saw him in here. It's great."

He raised his glass in cheers to Star-Lord.

"Good to meet you, Peter. Here's to Frank-- may he not kill us when he finds out."

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    "I AM GROOT."

"C'mon, Groot. I think that Frank Castle guy is buying everyone another round."[/B][/SIZE]
    The Captain gestured toward Star-Lord's companion as they reapproached the bar. The flora colossus was looking back, staring dreamily at Emmeline Frost.

"So who's your partner? I don't think I caught his name," he said with total sincerity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Saint of Killers View Post
    The Saint of Killers strode straight from Hell and into...Marvel Town. He had expected to be back in Ratwater to reap vengence upon McCready but it looks like that would have to wait.

"Can't never trust the Devil," he growled. He stalked into the bar with the others an air of menace clinging about him. He sat at the bar then glowered as a woman approached him.

"Reckon you have me mistaken for someone else," he rasped. Words like spiders crawled from his mouth in a grinding whisper. "Help you with something?"
    "See? That's what I'm talking about. I bet you they won't ask that guy to pay up.

...I should get his name before this tab falls through."

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post

"May, dear, another shot please!" she shouted to May Parker. "And could you turn up the music as well?"

With two drinks in hand, she got up and stopped Doctor Brown.

"I'll warn you, I'm not a very good dancer, but may I have this dance?" she asked, smiling.
    Emmett Brown was extremely surprised at the turn of events. He thought he had slightly insulted or upset the lady Emmeline Frost-Summers, and now she stood before him, holding two drinks and asking him to dance?

"Eat your heart out Marty McFly!!!" his mind and heart yelled out inside as loudly as his inner voice could yell, as he smiled at Emmeline. He never recalled anything like this happening to his good friend, and suddenly he felt the urge to invent a time machine to travel back to the future, just to tell him about the tale. Or brag loudly about it.

"Of course, my lady!" he enthusiatically responded, taking one of the drinks, now confused slightly. Were they to dance while holding a drink, or while drinking?

Let's do both, he decided in his mind. The visual clues from Emmeline pointed the way, anyway.

He knew the square dance, so he led with that, since the music played by the band was uptempo and appropriate to the dance.

He felt nervous, dancing with such a beautiful female. He looked at her face, and she seemed genuinely happy and enjoying the moment, despite her seeming to struggle with the rhythm and steps. He looked around and saw other men looking on, no doubt jealous that the good Doctor was in such beautiful company. His heart raced, thinking this was the best feeling in the world, wondering why he shunned all those rhythmic ceremonial rituals in the past.

Then, he decided to drink the shot of whiskey.

As his consciousness faded he thought to himself... "that might be the best ten seconds of my life..."

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    "My name's actually..." he wracked his brain for a minute, as if trying to remember, "The Captain. Not that small a world since the 'Frank Castle' thing is total ☠☠☠☠. I think they see any guy with dark hair and a trenchcoat and are too afraid to collect the drink money.

...so I guess I started up his tab ever since I saw him in here. It's great."

He raised his glass in cheers to Star-Lord.

"Good to meet you, Peter. Here's to Frank-- may he not kill us when he finds out."
    "Uh-huh. I see. So what are you the Captain of exactly?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Captain View Post
    The Captain gestured toward Star-Lord's companion as they reapproached the bar. The flora colossus was looking back, staring dreamily at Emmeline Frost.

"So who's your partner? I don't think I caught his name," he said with total sincerity.
    "You serious? My pal only says 3 words. Rather loudly. One of which includes his name. Ah heck, but you probably still got some dirt in your ears. His name's Groot. Me 'n him have been together since I was a lad. He's been sorta my guardian ever since my ma...my ma....you know what? I'd rather not talk about that. Groot's a good guy. Just don't call him a tree."

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post

As his consciousness faded he thought to himself... "that might be the best ten seconds of my life..."
    "For the record, I did NOT put anything in his drink."

"I AM GROOT?"

"Nah. I think he's a blacksmith. They don't make no money."
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Emmett Brown View Post
    Emmett Brown was extremely surprised at the turn of events. He thought he had slightly insulted or upset the lady Emmeline Frost-Summers, and now she stood before him, holding two drinks and asking him to dance?

"Eat your heart out Marty McFly!!!" his mind and heart yelled out inside as loudly as his inner voice could yell, as he smiled at Emmeline. He never recalled anything like this happening to his good friend, and suddenly he felt the urge to invent a time machine to travel back to the future, just to tell him about the tale. Or brag loudly about it.

"Of course, my lady!" he enthusiatically responded, taking one of the drinks, now confused slightly. Were they to dance while holding a drink, or while drinking?

Let's do both, he decided in his mind. The visual clues from Emmeline pointed the way, anyway.

He knew the square dance, so he led with that, since the music played by the band was uptempo and appropriate to the dance.

He felt nervous, dancing with such a beautiful female. He looked at her face, and she seemed genuinely happy and enjoying the moment, despite her seeming to struggle with the rhythm and steps. He looked around and saw other men looking on, no doubt jealous that the good Doctor was in such beautiful company. His heart raced, thinking this was the best feeling in the world, wondering why he shunned all those rhythmic ceremonial rituals in the past.

Emmeline watched as Doctor Brown fell unconscious.

"Now I understand why he pretended to drink", she thought to herself.

"Poor soul, this is somewhat my fault. Let's see if I can accelerate the recovery process."

Emma flexed her telepathic muscle to clear Doctor Brown's brainwaves of the whiskey influence.

"This won't be as effective as a good night's sleep and some coffee, but in some time he'll be fully conscious", she thought in her mind as she watched him slowly get up.

"Oh dear, I'm sorry to cause all this trouble for you," Emmeline explained as she helped him get up, "have a seat and let yourself recover for a few moments".

"Pity," she thought to herself, "I was finding that dancing rather fun".

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quill and Groot View Post

"I AM.....GROOT."

"Its okay, partner. So you got "Kemosabe-zoned". There's plenty of other...uh....leaves on the ground I guess? Look, what I'm saying is, you'll be fine, Groot."

"I AM GROOT."

"I know. You're my best pal too. Emmeline don't realize what she's missing out on."

Quill turns around real quick towards Emmeline.

He gestures to her as if he was saying "morse code me" followed by his trademark wink and smile."

"C'mon, Groot. I think that Frank Castle guy is buying everyone another round."
    "How ironic," Emmeline thought, "the gentleman between the two is not the man."

Emmeline projected a thought towards Groot: "I will keep an eye out for you, noble one".

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Frost-Summer View Post

Emma flexed her telepathic muscle to clear Doctor Brown's brainwaves of the whiskey influence.

"This won't be as effective as a good night's sleep and some coffee, but in some time he'll be fully conscious", she thought in her mind as she watched him slowly get up.

"Oh dear, I'm sorry to cause all this trouble for you," Emmeline explained as she helped him get up, "have a seat and let yourself recover for a few moments".

"Pity," she thought to herself, "I was finding that dancing rather fun".

"Nyo ho ho ho!"

Gyro couldn't help but laugh as he knew that old man would somehow hurt himself dancing with the Lovely Emmeline. Gyro would run to the man. Look at Emmaline, he'd smirk slightly before ask her.

"What happened? Did he pull something trying sweep you off your feet? I know a special medical technique , if you need me to use it. Not that I necessary use them much for healing, but can't just let this geezer go one in pain."

Quote Originally Posted by Emmeline Frost-Summers View Post

Emmeline watched as Doctor Brown fell unconscious.

"Now I understand why he pretended to drink", she thought to herself.

"Poor soul, this is somewhat my fault. Let's see if I can accelerate the recovery process."

Doc was stunned. Normally it takes so much time or effort to get him awake after a drink like that.

He looked at Emmeline. "Great Scott! I felt something in my skull, probing and clearing through the whiskey. I thought I saw your face in my thoughts. And the sobriety effect was almost instantaneous! What did you do, my lady?"

Doc rubbed his skull and hair as he sat, feeling fully recovery approaching but not quite there. "Go on and enjoy yourself Emmeline. I'll be fine in a few minutes, or a few hours. I'm sure we'll have a chat later".

Then, Doc thought to himself, "best 10 seconds of my life! I must find a way to tell Marty about this!"

Danielle Moonstar had travelled a long way.

Across the desert, she proceeded, in search of the town. Marvel Town, she had heard. Perhaps there she would find the man she was looking for. Perhaps there she would find Donald Pierce, the man behind the death of her grandfather.

She had never met Pierce. Only a band of outlaws who worked for him. They had killed her grandfather and desecrated his grave. They were dead now. One's throat had been torn out by Ridge-Runner, her pet mountain lion. Another had fallen off a cliff to his death. And a third had died of fright ... from the fear Dani had brought forth from him.

The fourth had lived long enough to say that Donald Pierce was the man they were working for. And then he broke loose and attacked Dani. One of the other Cheyenne in the vicinity fired an arrow into the outlaw's back.

Leaving Ridge-Runner in the care of the tribe, Moonstar set forth on her own. One of her fellows had advised her to wait for the man named Charles Xavier -- the man her grandfather recommended.

Charles Xavier was a white man, from what she had been told. Could he be trusted? The white men were full of lies. Making treaties, then breaking them. They waged war on the Native tribes, taking away their lands. But Charles was different, she had been told. He was blood brothers with her long vanished father.

Even if this Charles Xavier could be trusted, even if this Charles understood the problems of the so-called 'red men', Moonstar could not wait for him to arrive. She needed to find Pierce and claim her vengeance.

She soon arrived in what, according to the sign, was 'Marvel Town'. She gazed cautiously at the people around her. A few were giving her some strange looks, but mostly they were minding their own business.

She had heard, however, that the best place to get information from a town was a saloon. She stepped inside the saloon, where dozens of strange people were engaged in conversation. Oddly enough, some did not appear human. A racoon? A human-like duck? What were these creatures?

She stared cautiously, trying to overhear some of the conversations so that she would know more about this place and the people. In particular, she overheard this from the man called Baron Magnus.

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Magnus View Post
    "Anyways, he quit and joined the army, said his father would've liked that, even if Charles protested. Charles didn't want to lose the boy to war but i'll admit, he had a knack for strategy and seemed to thrive there. He became a corporal in record time, and married a Ms. Grey. We then engaged in a dispute again in London with the Hellfire Club-your stomping grounds as well I presume?- and well, there were casualties to say the least"

" I am sad to say, Ms. Grey was one of them. Mr. Summers reaction was unlike him, like a dam had burst inside. My associates and I were blasted back by a tide of red energy into a building and I nearly could've died, if he didn't pull me out. That was the last I saw of him. You had a rather unexpected response as well, and seemed distraught, which lead to my shock at your surname. You left me in a what Charles called a fugue state, and since then I haven't heard much from you, which is surprising since you're not the subtle type, from what I recall. Does that do?" he'd ask her, sitting down
    "Hellfire Club?" Moonstar said. Though the anger burned within her, she knew she had to control it.

She approached Baron Magnus coldly and calmly. "Hellfire Club ... I have heard of it. A man belonged to that organization. The same man who ordered the murder of my grandfather."

She looked Baron Magnus in the eye. "I am looking for that man. His name is Donald Pierce."

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Brown View Post
    Then, Doc thought to himself, "best 10 seconds of my life! I must find a way to tell Marty about this!"
    Peter & Groot approach Doc to help him up.

"Might want to take it easy there, pal. Perhaps a cup of coffee is what you need."

"I AM GROOT."

"Definitely not that, Groot. The man dropped after one drink. One of those and he'll probably slip into a coma!"
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Gyro View Post
    "Nyo ho ho ho!"

Gyro couldn't help but laugh as he knew that old man would somehow hurt himself dancing with the Lovely Emmeline. Gyro would run to the man. Look at Emmaline, he'd smirk slightly before ask her.

"What happened? Did he pull something trying sweep you off your feet? I know a special medical technique , if you need me to use it. Not that I necessary use them much for healing, but can't just let this geezer go one in pain."
    Doctor Brown looked up at Gyro. "Oh, don't worry about me I'll be fine. Emmeline did something to help clear the head, though I wouldn't mind if you could accelerate the sobriety process even more!"

Quote Originally Posted by Peter and Groot View Post
    Peter & Groot approach Doc to help him up.

"Might want to take it easy there, pal. Perhaps a cup of coffee is what you need."

"I AM GROOT."

"Definitely not that, Groot. The man dropped after one drink. One of those and he'll probably slip into a coma!"
    "Thank you for the coffee, I'm sure that'll help me tremendously" as he took a sip.

He looked at the two. And nearly fell back off the chair.

"Great Scott! Is that... a TREE? You're not one of the ghosts of the Twin Pines, are you???"

He looked at Emmeline. "That must be some kind of whiskey you have here!"

Quote Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppile View Post
    "Nyo ho ho ho!"

"The good Doctor can't take alcohol very well", Emmeline remarked to Gyro.

She noticed the smirk from Gyro. And slightly probed his thoughts.

"You know, if you wanted to dance, you could've just asked", she said, smiling slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedge Antilles View Post
    Doctor Brown looked up at Gyro. "Oh, don't worry about me I'll be fine. Emmeline did something to help clear the head, though I wouldn't mind if you could accelerate the sobriety process even more!"

"Hmm, I don't think I could help you much with that. See, my family, the Zeppeli Family, doctors renowned throughout Italy, for we have studied a technique called The Spin. For years the Spin has been studied as a human anatomical corrective and medical treatment. The Spin in basic terms is a extension of a basic property of nature. Now, the spin can be used for non medical purpose, which I use. But I doubt you'd like to hear about that."

Gryo would smirk at Doc Brown, as he pulled on of the steel balls out of his pocket, and began to spin it on his fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmeline View Post
    "The good Doctor can't take alcohol very well", Emmeline remarked to Gyro.

She noticed the smirk from Gyro. And slightly probed his thoughts.

"You know, if you wanted to dance, you could've just asked", she said, smiling slightly.
    Gyro was caught of guard. How did she know what he was thinking. By instinct, his face went red like a child caught taking a cookie from the cookie jar.

"What, huh? You and me dance? Really? You'd think I'd like that?"

"Hmm, I don't think I could help you much with that. See, my family, the Zeppeli Family, doctors renowned throughout Italy, for we have studied a technique called The Spin. For years the Spin has been studied as a human anatomical corrective and medical treatment. The Spin in basic terms is a extension of a basic property of nature. Now, the spin can be used for non medical purpose, which I use. But I doubt you'd like to hear about that."

Gryo would smirk at Doc Brown, as he pulled on of the steel balls out of his pocket, and began to spin it on his fingers.

"Thank you, kind stranger", Doc said to Gyro as he felt stronger and closer to full strength. "I don't believe I got your name, I'm Emmett Brown, a doctor as the lovely lady remarked".

Gyro was caught of guard. How did she know what he was thinking. By instinct, his face went red like a child caught taking a cookie from the cookie jar.

"What, huh? You and me dance? Really? You'd think I'd like that?"
    Doc couldn't help but notice. It was the George McFly syndrome all over again in a different form, but he had seen more than his share of this over the recent past.

"Just do it, like Nike" he whispered to Gyro.