Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nschornhorst View Post

The old man having ignored Goldie, proceeded to float to the saloon. Goldie quickly changed her focus.
    Mordru turned towards the strange creature. "And just what might you be?" he said with a cynical laugh.
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

Goldie strolled down the streets, looking at what all the town seemed to hold.
    Malcolm sat on the steps of bar, having been kicked out for not not having any cash when he noticed her strolling her down the street.
    "M'am" He started. "Surely a woman with such a fine...crown would be needing some protection. A few coins every day could hire that protection for such generous woman. At least until my ship arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post
    "Mornin', Peter," said May Parker, "and howdy to the rest of you. If anybody here's hungry or thirsty, Parker's Saloon will be openin' in two shakes of a lamb's tail. Just leave your weapons outside. And wipe your feet! I'll not have dust and horse dung tracked all over my floor."
    Deputy Parker took a moment to collect himself, then replied.

Uh, Morning' Ta you too Aunt May, thought you were outta town, I ain't expect you to be back for a while, or to be coming into town with the likes of Miss Frost, Miss Ghost Rider, Blondie, and I think Howard The Duck's sister, cousin, niece? Are you related to Howard, Ms. Gilt?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharozonk View Post
    Mordru levitated towards the frail old woman behind the counter. "Does this pitiful establishment offer the crimson wine of Titan? Answer quickly woman for my patience is limited." he questioned as his voice rang throughout the room.
    Hey pal! Just cause you're my elder doesn't mean I gotta respect ya! Treat my aunt nicely, we don't take kindly to rude folks around here, ask them folks who tried to pick on Dr. Banner he'd say before grimacing as his Spider-Sense blared with the new arrivals, forcing him to sit down.

"Problem, deputy? If you're not feeling well, id be okay with you quitting, and i'd take good care of your aunt May here Baron Magnus would say, floating into the bar as Deputy Parker took a seat
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    She looked towards the stranger. "I'm Emmeline, of X-Society," she introduced. "Who might you be?"

She took another shot of whiskey as she awaited a reply. She realized she had missed the pleasure of a drink.

"The X Society, huh? That's not like the triple x society, right? Nyo ho ho ho! "

Gryo would then extend his hand to the lovey woman Emmelina, giving her a smile.

"Gyro Zeppile at your serves."

Quote Originally Posted by Rude man View Post
    Mordru levitated towards the frail old woman behind the counter. "Does this pitiful establishment offer the crimson wine of Titan? Answer quickly woman for my patience is limited." he questioned as his voice rang throughout the room.
    Gyro would glare at the man. He was not amused by the way he was treating the older lady.

"You know, she doesn't have to take that!."
    Gyro would turn to May.

"Tell him to eat **** and leave!"

Gryo would then the other words the rude man said as Gyro eye's saw the duck lady.

Quote Originally Posted by Rude man View Post
    Mordru turned towards the strange creature. "And just what might you be?" he said with a cynical laugh.

Gyro would then whisper in Emmaline's ear.

"Hey. Who let the goose loose?"

Mordru turned to the uncouth fellow named Gyro. "You dare challenge my words mortal?!" Lightning crackled in his eyes and the ground shook. Bottles fell the cabinet and shattered at his feet.

"In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

Mordru turned to the uncouth fellow named Gyro. "You dare challenge my words mortal?!" Lightning crackled in his eyes and the ground shook. Bottles fell the cabinet and shattered at his feet.

Mal strolls into the bar after hearing commotion. Resting his hand on his revolver he said: "I don't much your attitude son. How bout you go apologizin to the nice lady."
    Last edited by Thuro Pendragon; 07-25-2014 at 08:23 PM.

Prologue: The Most Dangerous Game

He was a long way from home. As far as he could remember, he was trying to stop Tex Hex and his goons from wiping out New Texas with that strange device of his. It wasn't like anything he'd seen before, but he knew that anything in Hex's bony hands could only spell trouble. Thirty-Thirty and J.B. easily agreed, and they were off to the battle of their lives. Hex was hellbent on getting his way, and the lawman was forced to give it his all.

Eyes of the hawk. Ears of the wolf. Strength of the bear. Speed of the puma.

The next thing he knew, the device activated. There was a bright flash of white in the middle of all the chaos and then...here he was.

Marshall Bravestarr. Lost in an unknown land.

As you travel through the expansive desert, countless number of steps taken, some by foot, some by steed, you stop as you take in the sight in front of you. A giant, wooden fence with a sign on two arches that says "Welcome to Marvel Town! In blue and gold letters. The town is lively, people busily shuffling and moving, some even hopping to certain places.
    "Wha...Marvel Town?"

After what seemed like days of wandering aimlessly, Bravestarr finally found civilization. As he entered in, he was greeted by Deputy Parker and a growing band of strangers. Something big just might be going on, and he'll have to get to the bottom of things. Eventually, he came across the commotion going on in the bar between a scruffy guy and what looked like...a wizard? Weirder things have happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    Mal strolls into the bar after hearing commotion. Resting his hand on his revolver he said: "I don't much your attitude son. How bout you go apologizin to the nice lady."
    Bravestarr calmy entered the situation to try and quell things down, staring directly at the purple-cloaked one. "You'd better do as the man says, if I were you."

Goldie's exploration of the town was cut short as people started to take interest in her.

Ignoring the insult, Goldie gave a sly smile, "I *might* be interested in how you can make gold appear out of thin air, stranger. If you could just zap up a drink, why bother with the saloon?"

Malcolm sat on the steps of bar, having been kicked out for not not having any cash when he noticed her strolling her down the street.
    "M'am" He started. "Surely a woman with such a fine...crown would be needing some protection. A few coins every day could hire that protection for such generous woman. At least until my ship arrives.
    Despite her conversation with Mordru, Goldie turned to respond to the offer. "My, my, my, it's nice to know you care about a helpless damsel like myself. I'll keep your offer in mind... Mister...?"

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    Deputy Parker took a moment to collect himself, then replied.

Uh, Morning' Ta you too Aunt May, thought you were outta town, I ain't expect you to be back for a while, or to be coming into town with the likes of Miss Frost, Miss Ghost Rider, Blondie, and I think Howard The Duck's sister, cousin, niece? Are you related to Howard, Ms. Gilt?
    Goldie paused for a moment in thought. "Hm. Name doesn't ring a bell. In case you can't tell, I'm not from around these parts. Has this 'Howard' ever been up to the Yukon?"

When the trouble between Mordru and Mal started, Goldie took a step back, but stared unflinching at the unfolding situation, giving all the participants a careful eye.

And Now The Continuing Adventures Of That Legendary Outlaw Himself...
    Peter Quill: The Shooting Star-Lord!

Quote Originally Posted by Editor's Note
    Just pretend the characters used in my pics are dressed in western gear. The power of imagination!

Quote Originally Posted by WELCOME TO MARVEL TOWN! View Post
    As you travel through the expansive desert, countless number of steps taken, some by foot, some by steed, you stop as you take in the sight in front of you. A giant, wooden fence with a sign on two arches that says "Welcome to Marvel Town! In blue and gold letters. The town is lively, people busily shuffling and moving, some even hopping to certain places.
    And what would a bustling town be without a good ol' fashioned showdown at the OK corral!

"Just got into town and already I'm in a life and death situation. Must be Tuesday."

Peter Quill: The Shooting Star-Lord!

"You're in the wrong part of town, Quill."

Frederick Myers: The Boomerang Bandit!

(No seriously)
    "Here's the deal. I'm gonna count to 3, and we draw. Let's see if you really are the fastest gun in the West.

One...

Tw---"

"Yeah, I'm just going to cut to the chase, partner."

BANG! BANG! BANG!

TO BE CONTINUED.......IN THE NEXT POST!
    GLORIOUS!

"I never said I was the fastest gun in the West. However, I am the smartest."

The crowd looked on in shock at the Shooting Star-Lord's actions.

"What? He was using a boomerang! Did you really think I was going to lose this varmint with a boomerang?"

"S-so cold. I'm...I'm not gonna make it."

"Actually...I don't think you're going to die. I shot you on the shoulders and left leg. I reckon if you go the nearest doctor, you should be patched up and ready to go. However, I don't think you should go that Doctor Druid fella. He's a bit of screw-loose with his methods."

"Tell Herman...tell my friend Herman....he still owes me 35 cents."

"...You're going to be---you know what? Forget. it."

Those in the crowd continue talking about their newest visitor.

"That's the Shooting Star-Lord! Didn't he rob a train?"
    "Can't be. I heard he helped stop the train robbery."
    "Mmm...I wonder if there's a Mrs. Star-Lord...."
    "He better git if he knew better. Ain't nothing but trouble wherever he goes."
    "I heard Richard Rider of the Nova Marshalls is looking for him."
    "That's nothin', friend. Judge Ronan is looking for him too....dead or alive."

Of course, the chatter is nothing for Quill. He's heard the same song and dance before. However, one particular comment always gets to him no matter what.

"Just like his father..."

"I am nothing like my father."

And with that he summons his ever faithful steed...

"I AM GROOT!"

"Sounds good, Groot ol' buddy. Let's go check out that saloon Deputy Parker was talking about."
    Last edited by The Purple Skull; 07-25-2014 at 09:11 PM.
    GLORIOUS!

"My, my, my, it's nice to know you care about a helpless damsel like myself. I'll keep your offer in mind... Mister...?"
    Trusting Mordu wouldn't dare hit a man from behind Malcolm turned and did a short bow. "Reynolds fine lady, Malcolm Reynolds."

"Barkeep, a shot of your strongest...actually, you know what? A bottle of sarsaparilla for me. How about you, Groot?"

"I AM GROOT!"

"...A glass of water for my pal."

Quote Originally Posted by Mordru View Post

"You mind, friend? We all pretty much just got here and the last we want to get into is a bar fight.

I mean, at least not yet."

"I AM GROOT!"

"Couldn't have said it better myself, Groot."

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Reynolds. View Post
    "He don't look to be the apologizin' type, pal. But I'm sure there's plenty of folks here who can convince him otherwise."
    GLORIOUS!

Goldie's exploration of the town was cut short as people started to take interest in her.

Ignoring the insult, Goldie gave a sly smile, "I *might* be interested in how you can make gold appear out of thin air, stranger. If you could just zap up a drink, why bother with the saloon?"
    Her question assuaged his outrage. "Your curiosity in my power is noted. The wine I am able to conjure is the most basic of drinks. However, it is but mere sewage when compared to the rich wines of Titan. Men have journeyed for thousands of miles to simply get a taste of that glorious nectar. My powers could never create such a divine drink"

Trusting Mordu wouldn't dare hit a man from behind Malcolm turned and did a short bow. "Reynolds fine lady, Malcolm Reynolds."
    Her question assuaged his outrage. "Your curiosity in my power is noted. The wine I am able to conjure is the most basic of drinks. However, it is but mere sewage when compared to the rich wines of Titan. Men have journeyed for thousands of miles to simply get a taste of that glorious nectar. My powers could never create such a divine drink"

Goldie smiled at the strangers' responses. Back in Dawson, she was no stranger to breaking up or starting bar fights, but the less to remind her of Dawson, the better. She turned her focus on Mordru's statements. "Well! Now you've piqued my interest!" She turned to May Parker, "Ma'am, we'll have two of those drinks he's talking about, if you don't mind."

Goldie was a little taken aback by the appearance of Groot, but she shrugged. "That's America for you... people come in from *all* over..."
    Last edited by Nschornhorst; 07-25-2014 at 09:39 PM.

Malcolm walks over and sits opposite the man called Quill. "Mighty fine Jacket you've got there, you fight in the war?"