Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    "I've seen my share of strange goings-on myself, but I have to say, this place is nothing like where I'm from."
    "Please tell me you're not about to say you're from a pond. Hehe. Sorry, bad joke. I know."

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]A whirring would be heard as Rocket aimed his gun up at Peter Quill and Groot. It's Raccoon, I ain't no beaver, and tell that to your giant sized Man-Thing partner there! Last guy to call me that got torched!" he'd say, one hand holding the gun, the other holding a plate of wheatcakes
    "We got ourselves a feisty one here, partner. Why don't you put down your pistol and let me buy you a drink."

"I AM GROOT!"

"Hmm...a talking a raccoon and a talking tree. Talk about nature calling, huh?"

Quote Originally Posted by Emmeline View Post
    Emmeline was fascinated by the appearance of the two.

She approached them while they were drinking...

"Greetings, I am Emmeline Frost-Summers" she introduced. "do you two always drink like that at saloons?", hinting towards the sasparilla and water.

She smiled a wry little smile.
    "Peter Quill. The pleasure's all mine, ma'am. As for our drinking preferences, a nice whiskey always brightens our day, but can't beat a nice, cold sarsaparilla. I overheard you say you're from the X-Society, correct?"

"I AM GROOT?"

"What? No, that's not the group we robb--errr---borrowed money from."

Peter turned and gave Emmeline an awkward half-smile.

Quote Originally Posted by Reed Gunther View Post
    Reed continues to see strange critters within this strange town.

"A walking, talking log!" Reed shouts, pointing Groot out to Sterling as if the bear can't see him. "I wonder if it's one of them totem pole things come to life."
    "I AM GROOT?"

Quote Originally Posted by Reed Gunther View Post
    Sterling just shrugs. So, the two split up, Reed going to the bar and Sterling wanderin' around the bar.
    "So partner, that bear is with you, right?"
    GLORIOUS!

Quote Originally Posted by Emmeline Frost-summers View Post
    Emmeline walked into Parker's Saloon. "Greetings Ma'am," Emmeline started, "I'd like a shot of your best whiskey."
    "Coming right up," said Mrs. Parker, plunking a shot-glass of bourbon down in front of the younger woman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordru View Post
    Mordru levitated towards the frail old woman behind the counter. "Does this pitiful establishment offer the crimson wine of Titan? Answer quickly woman for my patience is limited." he questioned as his voice rang throughout the room.
    "Not much call for the fancy stuff 'round here. We got hard liquor, beer, and some California wines I'd reckon are as good as anything within 500 miles."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Parker View Post
    Deputy Parker took a moment to collect himself, then replied.
    Uh, Morning' Ta you too Aunt May, thought you were outta town, I ain't expect you to be back for a while, or to be coming into town with the likes of Miss Frost, Miss Ghost Rider, Blondie, and I think Howard The Duck's sister, cousin, niece? Are you related to Howard, Ms. Gilt?

Hey pal! Just cause you're my elder doesn't mean I gotta respect ya! Treat my aunt nicely, we don't take kindly to rude folks around here, ask them folks who tried to pick on Dr. Banner he'd say before grimacing as his Spider-Sense blared with the new arrivals, forcing him to sit down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Magnus View Post
    "Problem, deputy? If you're not feeling well, id be okay with you quitting, and i'd take good care of your aunt May here Baron Magnus would say, floating into the bar as Deputy Parker took a seat
    "Simmer down, you two, "snapped Aunt May. "I've been taking care of myself since my husband Ben died--even if my dear nephew here does think I'd blow away in a strong breeze."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppile View Post
    Gyro would glare at the man. He was not amused by the way he was treating the older lady.
    "You know, she doesn't have to take that!."
    Gyro would turn to May.

"Tell him to eat **** and leave!"
    "I appreciate the thought, Mister, but not the language," May replied. And if I want anybody to leave, I'll tell them."
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Reynolds View Post
    Mal strolls into the bar after hearing commotion. Resting his hand on his revolver he said: "I don't much your attitude son. How bout you go apologizin to the nice lady."
    "Now here's a man who knows how to talk in front of a lady. Kindly take note, Mr. Zeppile."
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quill & Groot View Post
    "Barkeep, a shot of your strongest...actually, you know what? A bottle of sarsaparilla for me. How about you, Groot?"

"You mind, friend? We all pretty much just got here and the last we want to get into is a bar fight.

I mean, at least not yet."
    "Not yet, and not anytime," May Parker firmly said as she served their drinks. Do you know how hard it is to get bloodstains out of the walls and floor?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mordru View Post
    Mordru turned to the uncouth fellow named Gyro. "You dare challenge my words mortal?!" Lightning crackled in his eyes and the ground shook. Bottles fell the cabinet and shattered at his feet.
    "That's 30 dollars you owe me for the damage, Mister," May said, calmly meeting Mordru's gaze.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldie View Post
    Goldie smiled at the strangers' responses. Back in Dawson, she was no stranger to breaking up or starting bar fights, but the less to remind her of Dawson, the better. She turned her focus on Mordru's statements. "Well! Now you've piqued my interest!" She turned to May Parker, "Ma'am, we'll have two of those drinks he's talking about, if you don't mind."
    "I don't mind at all, Miss, but I can't oblige you. As I said, we get our wine from California, not Titan--wherever in tarnation that is."
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron Magnus View Post
    Baron Magnus would frown at Mordru. Please, Mordru was it? Enough theatrics, despite however May Parker's nephew may feel, this is not the place to fight. Take it outside or else He'd say, malice lingering on his tongue with the last word. He glanced around, smiling as he saw a plate of wheatcakes
    "Well said, Baron!" I expect you and Peter to set an example of good behavior for all these folks."
    Quote Originally Posted by Raging Rocket Raccoon View Post
    "Howdy fellas, having a party and didn't invite me?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Parker & Magnus View Post
    Hope he doesn't stay too long" Deputy Parker and Baron Magnus would both say, then look at each other. They both quickly looked away in disgust as Raccoon strolled in and threw down a wad of cash on the table
    "That's quite enough, both of you!" Aunt May snapped. "As long as Mr. Raccoon here minds his manners, his money's as good as anybody else's."
    Last edited by Anodyne; 07-26-2014 at 11:14 AM.
    Beverly Allen, the Bee--with honey and stinger.

"If humans have souls, then clones will have them, too."--Arthur Caplan

Spectacular Member

I arrived like everyone else had. So many strange characters to behold. Was that a talking duck in a dress? Did I get drunk again? No..I don't think so. I probably would have remembered if I did. Maybe I'm back..Back in the Outback but what would a dress wearing duck be doing there of all places? To make things even stranger a talking racoon showed up! I don't know whether to be amused or confused at all these strange happenings..Why was I here again anyway? It was probably for someimportant reason..I think.

The Maxx glanced around at everybody else. "I guess I was thinking out loud again. Oops."

"One sarsaparilla, please!" Reed says, slamming his money on the oak bar.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    "So partner, that bear is with you, right?"
    The guy askin' the question, named Star-Lord around these parts, wears a mask, so normal folk might not be too keen on talking to him. But the question is simple enough, so Reed replies, "Yep! That there's my pal, Sterling!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheCourier View Post
    The Maxx glanced around at everybody else. "I guess I was thinking out loud again. Oops."
    Reed slaps the Maxx's back. "Ha! Don't sweat it. Happens to me all the time, big purple... guy... thing!"

It's at this point that Reed's eyes just happen to get a glance at the woman Star-Lord had been chattin' up. "Beautiful. Like a diamond in a pile of things that aren't diamonds," he says out loud, though he hadn't planned on it, which tells ya he hadn't been lying to the Maxx.

Spectacular Member

"My name...is The Maxx!" I exclaimed boldly as I glanced at the man who had slapped my back. He had a nice hat, I could see that much was clear. "She dresses like most of the women do back home.." I think that was social commentary on the state of my world on my part. Or it was just me not knowing what I was talking about. Sometimes it got all muddled up. "I just wish I could remember why I'm here..."

The old woman's answer displeased him. Mordru left the bar and sat in a corner. How could he have expected such uncultured peasants to know of such rich delicacies like Titan wine?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

The others seemed to have reigned the old man in. Good. Meant that Harribel didn't need to raise her weapon for the time being. She'd make her way to the bar and stare on the assortment of liquor on display on the back shelf. As a Hollow she didn't need human nourishment to survive and would for the time being she'd look around the room in silence and size up the rest of the group gathered here. Most of them humans, some of them exhibiting unusual powers, Harribel was quite sure she even saw a talking anthropomorphic fowl among them.

She was weary though, why they had been gathered here...what had beckoned her here...Silently she continued to look on as the others continued to mingle.

"嗯,我会 strangest thing I ever flew with was a psychic, she wasn't all there most of the time."

Mal walks up to the bar and turns towards the old woman "Any chance I could set up a tab account? I'm running a bit low on funds right now. Speaking of which you know anyone who's looking to hire a man?"

Gyro 's ego grew slightly after though comments.

"What can a say? I'm a pretty wonderful guy. I might be bias though."
    Emmeline liked his confidence in himself. "I'm sure you are", she added to his comment.

"I''ll drink to that! As soon as I get my drink that is!"

Gryo leans back slightly, hearing Goldie announcing her name, he turned back to Emmaline.

"Seems like she's a golden goose, eh? Nyo ho ho ho!"
    Emmeline could not help but laugh again. And all these jokes were also getting her a little curious.

"Pardon me Gyro, let me make up for all your jokes at... it's expense. And if we continue on this path I may laugh myself to death!", Emmeline joked as she excused herself.

Emmeline approached Goldie. "Hi, I am Emmeline Frost-Summers, of X-Society. My friend over there got me curious about you, could you tell me a little of yourself?", Emmeline asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quill View Post
    "Peter Quill. The pleasure's all mine, ma'am. As for our drinking preferences, a nice whiskey always brightens our day, but can't beat a nice, cold sarsaparilla. I overheard you say you're from the X-Society, correct?"

"I AM GROOT?"

"What? No, that's not the group we robb--errr---borrowed money from."

Peter turned and gave Emmeline an awkward half-smile.

"I AM GROOT?"
    Emmeline lit up inside from hearing Peter seeming to recognize X-Society.

"Peter,". Emmeline asked, "what do you know of X-Society? From my travels, I have encountered people who more commonly knew us as... X-Men."

Then, Emmeline looked at Groot and the raccoon. " and judging from your companions here, you have traveled you fair share as well, I assume?" Emmeline asked.

Quote Originally Posted by The Purple Skull View Post
    [

"Hmm...a talking a raccoon and a talking tree. Talk about nature calling, huh?"
    "I AM GROOT?"
    ]
    The Raccoon chuckled, teeth bared. "Hah! You're funny, but looks aren't everything kid!" he'd reply, shaking his head until

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    Mal reaches down, brushes the edge of his trenchcoat away and rests his hand on the cool metal of his revolver.
    He caught Mal's movement. "Look, I dont think you got enough money to get in a gunfight with me fella, so what do you say we settle this with some cards?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Acro View Post
    Reed continues to see strange critters within this strange town.
    He shouts once more. "And now a talking raccoon!"
    Sterling would've responded with a snort, but their short conversation was cut even shorter.

"Earthquake! Quick, Sterling! Under the table!"

When it's gone, Reed slowly crawls out from under that table. "Whew. Is it over? That was a close one." He looks back at his friend. "After a quake like that, I need something from the bar. You want anything, buddy?"

Sterling just shrugs. So, the two split up, Reed going to the bar and Sterling wanderin' around the bar.
    "That Raccoon has been a bane on y budding railroad business, demolitions and pure destruction as he tries to undermine my work" Magnus would tell Reed. He'd them raise an eyebrow at seeing the bear, curiosity on his face.

"Say, are you really able to communicate with that bear?"

Meanwhile, Deputy Parker was about to protest to Aunt May when he hunched over next to Goldie, saying "Sorry ma'am I gotta use the deputy's room waded through the various occupants, vaulting over The Maxx with a "hello!", did an impromptu clumsy, yet graceful twirl around Emmeline, Gyro, and the others before reaching the bathroom. His movements would seem silly to most, but to those who knew Peter Parker, the effort to appear so haphazard in his movements was nothing but spectacular.

Deputy Parker reappeared from the bathroom and smiled at Mal. "If ya survive this here Traitor Game, hows about being a deputy? It doesn't pay too bad fella!"
    Last edited by Froggy; 07-26-2014 at 05:55 PM.
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie

Quote Originally Posted by Emmeline View Post
    [FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=4]Emmeline could not help but laugh again. And all these jokes were also getting her a little curious.

"Pardon me Gyro, let me make up for all your jokes at... it's expense. And if we continue on this path I may laugh myself to death!", Emmeline joked as she excused herself.

Gyro would wave as Emmaline left.

"Oh, you'll know where I'll be if you need me."

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmmm? View Post

She was weary though, why they had been gathered here...what had beckoned her here...Silently she continued to look on as the others continued to mingle.

At the corner of Gyro's eye, he would see the woman. As he turned and looked at her for a minute, he got the feeling something about her was off.

Quote Originally Posted by Anodyne View Post

"Now here's a man who knows how to talk in front of a lady. Kindly take note, Mr. Zeppile."

Gyro would frown anteriorly, muttering words under his breath.

"Maybe you should have taken note that the only reason I talked that way was because that man was trashing your place."
    Last edited by Josh; 07-27-2014 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    He caught Mal's movement. "Look, I dont think you got enough money to get in a gunfight with me fella, so what do you say we settle this with some cards?"
    Fine offer son. How bout a game of chinese checkers stead. Standard in the places I fly.
    Last edited by Thuro Pendragon; 07-26-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Baron View Post
    I am Baron Magnus, and the Desperadoes, or Traitors, are in my employ. If they win this game, this whole town is mine
    "If we're talking treason, then that's a Federal matter."

The black clad man leaning against a nearby hitching post tilted his head towards the Baron as he addressed him.

"Reckon that gives me jurisdiction, then."

One hand reached casually to rest on his sidearm. As it did, it pushed aside the folds of his duster, revealing a US Marshall badge pinned to his belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Parker
    And when you lose to the Pinkerton, or Agents, I'll make sure to have you sent to that Distant County over yonder on the Kymellipony Express, one-way! Deputy Parker would reply, then turn to the group to speak once again
    "Deputy," he turned towards Parker. "Perhaps you can fill me in?"

Quote Originally Posted by Thuro Pendragon View Post
    Fine offer son. How bout a game of chinese checkers stead. Standard in the places I fly.
    Rocket Raccoon quirked up an eyebrow, then shrugged. 'Ight then partner, ill bite...$$#k, you know what I mean, where ARE you from stranger?"
    Brad Pitt for Grifter in a WildCATS movie