Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Well, there’s core team and appearances.

At this stage I’d go with the Krakoa story, so I’d hit the ground running with a flashback of the ANAD team, with Cyclops, flying in the jet to rescue the rest of the O5 team + Havok and Polaris. Close ups on Ororo, Logan, Kurt and Piotr and we get flashbacks (within the flashback) of them being recruited by Xavier and Scott for the mission, and those flashbacks also explain what Krakoa is too. You also have some others on the jet in Banshee, Sunfire (maybe make her female/Sunpyre) and Thunderbird, but it’s too many characters for recruiting flashbacks for all of them, so those three don’t get one.

They land, have a big epic Kong: Skull Island like adventure on the island with it trying to kill them in various ways (like in the comic), Thunderbird dies somehow, and ultimately they rescue the rest of the X-men and escape. Instead of blasting Krakoa into space, however, maybe Polaris and Ororo team up to “sink the island” under a massive tidal wave. As they’re leaving, Scott is holding a Krakoan flower and he gets a telepathic inquiry from Xavier, “Did you get it?” to which he mentally responds, “Yes. I hope it was worth it.”

Fast forward to the present, and we hit the ground running with the House of X set up in the present day and the looming U.N. vote on sovereignty of the mutant nation. Lots and lots of tidbits in here in the form of dialogue and news media. You learn that the X-men lived at a school before Xavier set up shop on the island, that Magneto is considered a mutant terrorist, etc. There is even some dialogue between Xavier and Emma Frost about how they used their gifts to shield mutants from the world at large for a long time. Stuff like that to establish this set up for mutants in the MCU.

Main cast members would be...

- Xavier
    - Magneto
    - Emma Frost
    - Cyclops
    - Jean Grey
    - Storm
    - Nightcrawler
    - Wolverine
    - Colossus
    - Mystique

Orchis would be introduced and the looming threat of Mother Mold in space. We’d find out they have Sentinels and basically this giant factory orbiting the sun manufacturing them. We discover this via information stolen by Mystique and Magneto’s Brotherhood, mutant terrorists, including Sabretooth and several others. Creed is captured, and we get the scene where Emma uses diplomatic immunity to extradite him to Krakoa.

The latter seven (Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Kurt, Logan, Piotr and Mystique) assault the base, and die much like we saw in House of X #4. Except it’s Storm who puts Jean into the escape pod and tries to fight off the Sentinels and Orchis soldiers. They are close, and this is an emotional moment of sacrifice between best friends. The rest plays out like it did in the comic pretty much. This whole scene is a real holy $#!t moment for viewers.

Back on Earth, we see the emotional fallout in the faces of the X-men in the command and control room on Krakoa... Xavier, Beast, Iceman, Psylocke* (Kwannon version), Forge, Jubilee, Rogue, Bishop... maybe a few other cameos. It wraps up with the Krakoan nation state being recognized by the U.N. and Emma Frost establishing the Hellfire Trading Company to trade their precious flowers with the nations who signed off on it. It’s an optimistic tone for the future.

The mid-credits scene, however, is the kicker. That’s the whole resurrection scene where we see how Xavier has been using Cerebro to record the memories of all mutants on Earth, and it’s him and Beast overseeing the resurrection process. He mentions to Beast having had to make an unsavory deal with Nathaniel Essex to gain access to his vast DNA database, and we get introduced to “The Five” and some exposition of how this works, but highly simplified. Basically, the combination of these five mutants’ unique gifts using the DNA and memory back up can bend reality itself and defy death, restoring what was lost to us including the anima — or the very essence or soul — of the deceased. We end with Jean bursting out of one of the pods and Xavier, smiling, saying “Welcome back.”

The after credits scene sees Sinister springing Creed from his prison on Krakoa, setting up the Marauders and a modernized version of the Mutant Massacre for the sequel. This will introduce Gambit, and it sees the X-men trying to stop Sinister’s rampant genocide in the sewers. We also learn that he’s trying to create super mutants by combining DNA of powerful mutants, and we even see baby Nathan Summers in a tank at one point, setting up Cable at some point down the line. Perhaps in the third film where we get Apocalypse and the Horsemen, or maybe save that for an X-Force spinoff loosely based on Remender’s Uncanny X-Force. Something like that.

*I think I’d go with the current setup of Psylocke being Kwannon for these films. We’ll meet Betsy Braddock in the sequel, but as the head of Excalibur, a UK super team like the Avengers, and sister to Captain Britain its leader. This sets her up for more in the MCU down the road, where something could happen to Brian and she becomes the new Captain Britain. Maybe even an Excalibur spinoff film.

Maybe even an Excalibur spinoff film.
    Excalibur is to X-Men as guardians of the Galaxy are to Avengers.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 09-28-2019 at 06:55 AM.

Incredible Member

Storm (team leader)
    Nightcrawler (2nd in command and comic relief)
    Colossus (nice guy and muscle; the deadpool movies did more for him then pretty much any comic run and we know what to expect)
    Wolverine (bad boy and wild card)

now add the recruits (or as I call it the harry potter gang):
    Kitty Pryde (please keep within 2 years of colossus' age because I prefer not to be squicked out)
    Jubilee (Sarcasm and a great blaster)
    Magik (little sister of pete and just starting working on her crazy powerset)
    Bedlam (unique powerset, funny as heck and it will be fun watching him deal with his sisters)

Quote Originally Posted by shades of eternity View Post
    Colossus (nice guy and muscle; the deadpool movies did more for him then pretty much any comic run and we know what to expect)
    The strength of Deadpool’s Colossus is such that I’m on a one-man campaign to just hire the CG and VA teams to recreate the character in the MCU. We don’t need to see him in human form. We just need to see him painting.

Sunspot, Storm, Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Jean, Cyclops, Kitty

Negasonic Teenage Warhead
    Magik
    Sunspot
    Mirage
    Colossus
    Yukio

I would take the Deadpool cast and make X-Men movies featuring them and find a way to tie the Deadpool movies into the MCU.
    Last edited by ComeOnBunny; 09-28-2019 at 07:37 AM.

Professor X
    Cyclops
    The Angel
    The Beast
    Ice Man
    Marvel Girl

One more time for the folks in the back!

Wolverine: scout
    Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus: response team
    Beast, White Queen: support team
    Jubilee: ingenue
    Stepford Cuckoos, Prodigy, Glob Herman: students
    Cyclops: cavalry

Extraordinary Member

Cyclops
    Marvel Girl
    Beast
    Angel
    Iceman.

Gambit
    Rogue
    Wolverine
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Psylocke

I can honestly think of more characters I hope they don't use, at least as core characters. It's sort of weird, because there's definitely some characters I like on the list. Like Colossus. I like Colossus! But I'd rather they give a spot to somebody else.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    One more time for the folks in the back!

Wolverine: scout
    Storm, Nightcrawler, Colossus: response team
    Jubilee: ingenue
    Stepford Cuckoos, Prodigy, Glob Herman: students
    Cyclops: cavalry
    Ew.

Excalibur is to X-Men as guardians of the Galaxy are to Avengers.
    That's exaggerating a little. There's more crossover in terms of line-up. 3/5 of the founding Excalibur line-up are X-Men regulars.

This team minus Magneto.
    kii2jOC.jpg

Have Magento be the main villain in the 2nd movie.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

The 90's, so overplayed.

I'd swap Emma in for Colossus, Armor in for Psylocke, and, I dunno, Prodigy in for Beast.

Incredible Member

yes, I want these two added for support for my team.

and an additional and strange one: Banshee on communications support

I even have somebody I think would work well: Joe Gilgun.

Astonishing Member

I don’t know if Krakoa would make a good movie. You don’t have the years worth of extinction events, oppression etc, so they’ll just be a group of powerful weirdos on a magic flower island that have been manipulating everyone for years to stay hidden and now demand to be recognized as a nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Wolverine
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Psylocke
    I like this one, though I’d include Bishop and use Forge as the team smart guy/ tech (beast could use a break.)