Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I would go with 05. then introduce the giant size saving the 05 in the second movie.
    I'm pretty sure the movies doing Krakoa isn't in the cards at this point, so they may most likely start with the school, and could introduce the New X-Men students from there. As opposed to how the 2000 movie did it in which at least a few of the would-be X-Men members there weren't part of the school at the very beginning of the movie, like with Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    I'm pretty sure the movies doing Krakoa isn't in the cards at this point, so they may most likely start with the school, and could introduce the New X-Men students from there. As opposed to how the 2000 movie did it in which at least a few of the would-be X-Men members there weren't part of the school at the very beginning of the movie, like with Wolverine.
    Why not? The school is a dated concept. I think there's a reason why Hickman was allowed to reboot the X-Men.

Keep in mind we have already seen the Fox movies taking place at the school and those movies were not critical successes.

BANNED

I would go with 05. then introduce the giant size saving the 05 in the second movie.
    O5 as a line up was never too popular in the comics. They got canceled twice, and the X-Men didn't really take off until the All New, All Different Era.

So a whole movie on the o5? Big waste. I doubt Feige would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Why not? The school is a dated concept. I think there's a reason why Hickman was allowed to reboot the X-Men.

Keep in mind we have already seen the Fox movies taking place at the school and those movies were not critical successes.
    A movie series that made over $1 billion. If you find the school to be dated, then why not have the writing update that for the school, again, like with New X-Men.

O5 as a line up was never too popular in the comics. They got canceled twice, and the X-Men didn't really take off until the All New, All Different Era.

So a whole movie on the o5? Big waste. I doubt Feige would do that.
    Once again, you're going to base off the worth of characters based on popularity and success as opposed to writing quality? Two of the original 5 were on the "All New" X-Men after all.

The most diverse franchise going with an all white superhero team in 2020 something. Nah. I mean of course make them first students heck do Disney plus first class show with them but they are ways to respect the original core set of heroes and not go backwards. And just as a note no extended media/update version has used the original five as their starting line up

X-men animated series
    X-men Evolution
    Wolverine and the X-men
    X-men anime

Original X-men trilogy movies
    The First class quartet movies
    Ultimate X-men comics

To be fair, only the reboots films post DOFP and X3 were not critical success, the rest were critical success and intellectual critical successe films, which is rare today.

the school concept is far from dated, because the concept of school can not be dated, if not for the school concept in the past films Grant Morrsion and Joss Whedon X-men would be different because morrsion got the school concept from the movies which was passed onto Whedon's Gifted and both introduced some of the best school characters like The Stepford Cuckoos. Also it was the school concept that changed how most of us saw Emma Frost as a character. she was a good teacher, who loved the kids.

Lastly Claremont has supported the school idea in a recent interview when he said he would like to see xmen be more like hogwarts from harry potter films, although he would have preferred xmen as a game of thrones styles TV series so the stories won't feel so condensed.

My only problem with the school x-men concept is the MCU is it could misinterpreted. X-Men mutant school is more like Starfleet Academy from star trek but MCU may make it more like camp rock school camp.

a starting line up should follow the concept of teachers like Scott, Jean, Beast, Storm, Wolverine and Emma training kids in school.
    Last edited by Beaddle; 11-17-2019 at 02:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nox Noctes View Post
    I like the XTAS line-up too. Ya love what you grow up with, I guess.
    I second this motion.

Gosh i hope they do a Hulk vs Wolverine.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

I don’t know if I think it’s dated, but it’s been done to death, with hero and magic schools. It won’t feel fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    It won’t feel fresh.
    That’s why I’d set it in the Australian Outback. It’d still be a “school” but barely holding it together.

Incredible Member

Captain Britain should premiere first with elizabeth rather than brian

Then x-men could start with xavier cyclops, tk jean, wolverine, storm, colossus and have betsy join them as the team field telepath, psylocke

Enemy = shadow king.

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    I don’t know if I think it’s dated, but it’s been done to death, with hero and magic schools. It won’t feel fresh.
    I can see that but till today, xmen remains the ultimate description of supposed freaks who end up in enchanted schools.

It will only feel dated, if marvel see it as an opportunity for merchandising and nothing more. We could have argued it felt dated before new x-men 2001, but morrison made it work. we could have argued it felt dated again in astonishing xmen 2004 but whedon made it work.

Its all down to how you write the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    My starting 5 is

Cyclops
    Jean
    Storm
    Iceman
    Colossus
    I'm here for this, but I would add either Psylocke, Jubilee, Polaris or Dazzler as a 6th member for a little extra flavor.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Spectacular Member

The “problem” with the MCU, it’s filled with white boys, so it’s time to introduce some minorities and really play up the minorities metaphor. So I say:
    Bishop
    Asian body Psylocke
    Thunderbird
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Cecilia Reyes
    Nightcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Dev View Post
    The “problem” with the MCU, it’s filled with white boys
    I get the feeling you’re commenting on discrimination more than casting itself, since it’s not inherently wrong to cast white people after all, but that said, if you ever get to meet up with Feige and the other higher-ups and discuss casting matters with them, then I hope that you can all work out having more actors from various backgrounds into the MCU!

Mine would look like:

1. Cyclops
    2. Jean Grey
    3. Storm
    4. Nightcrawler
    5. Psylocke
    6. Beast
    7. Northstar

But I think the Original 5 should have already existed, with Angel and Iceman off doing their own things. Add in Wolverine, Rogue, and Gambit as the biggies, plus eventually Bishop, Emma Frost, and Colossus. And definitely Dazzler!