Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Rockslide is a poor man’s Thing. And Ben Grimm will be coming to the MCU soon. Plus we already have Korg. Too many rock guys.
    I was just trying to think of a more interesting big bruiser type character to replace Colossus. Rockslide has a fun personality at least.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Because I’m interested in your thoughts, why are you opposed to the ANAD lineup?

By ANAD, *I* mean Scott, Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus.

Besides all that, I think Trauma and Anxiety are the two most important members of the X-Men, and no matter WHO you choose to cast, needs to have a very intimate and explicit relationship with BOTH of the them.
    I don't find Colossus very interesting. Or, well, I didn't until he became the Juggernaut. But it seems far-fetched to imagine that's what they'd do with him.

I'm not anti-Nightcrawler but I don't think there should be more than one blue furry dude on the team at a time.

In general, I think it'd be a waste for Marvel to stick too closely to one single era when it comes to the line-up. There's been a lot of worthwhile characters introduced since that era.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I would love a team of:

Storm as the leader/powerhouse
    Nighctrawler as the teleporter
    Betsy as the telepath
    Rogue as the muscle
    Gambit as the wild card
    Jubilee as the newbie
    Iceman as the funny gay guy
    Xavier as the mentor

Storm can appear before in BP2, Iceman and Jubilee in SM3, Rogue in CM2, Professor in DrStrange2...like this we don't need to introduce them all at once.

Forge and Reyes as support

Like this we have representation, visually interesting characters, different power-sets. All were underdeveloped by the Fox movies.

Shadow King as the villain

Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Magneto, Beast and Mystique can all appear later.

Maybe then in Deadpool 3 we can have a X-Force line-up with Logan, Fantomex, Domino, Kwannon and Cable.
    I would start with a mix from the OG and the giant-size. I would put Gambit in X-Force.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't find Colossus very interesting.
    There was a time I advocated hard for Colossus in the MCU. I thought it was important to show that mutants didn't necessarily want to be freedom fighters, but roped into it due to circumstance and necessity. Colossus, as a painter, would do that. Plus I just love what they managed to accomplish in Deadpool. Now, I think there's nothing that an X-Men Colossus would achieve that an X-Force Colossus wouldn't better serve. He's funnier against Wade. The only real thing Colossus would be needed for is a legit Fastball Special... but that can be accomplished with more panache using Storm's wind, or more smarts using gravity and Nightcrawler's trajectory.

I'm not anti-Nightcrawler but I don't think there should be more than one blue furry dude on the team at a time.
    There's a lot of reasons I'd include both Beast and Nightcrawler... and outright make Beast's blue transition the result of an accident in the lab with Kurt's DNA. "I'm a little clumsy sometimes." Beast's experiments would allow Kurt to transform into human shape for a few hours, and alleviate the actors from early mornings in the hair & makeup trailer. I understand the sentiment though. The amount of blue heroes is strange and tiring.

In general, I think it'd be a waste for Marvel to stick too closely to one single era when it comes to the line-up. There's been a lot of worthwhile characters introduced since that era.
    I can understand that. I'd wait on introducing Rogue until CM2, and suggest a variety of mutant agents stationed throughout the MCU globe. I'd lead with Jubilee as the ingenue POV.

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Storm can appear before in BP2, Iceman and Jubilee in SM3, Rogue in CM2, Professor in DrStrange2...like this we don't need to introduce them all at once.
    I would love to see Ororo on Black Panther 2 but I don't think it will happen. Disney pushed Nakia's romantic connection with T'challa a lot during the previous movie, I don't think they will want to waste those developments.

If I was starting the X-Men into the MCU? I'd go slow...

In a Hulk movie, introduce Wolverine (Hulk is in Canada, and while he's smarter now - as seen in Endgame, Canada fears Hulk will lose control again - sends Wolverine to take down Hulk). This story would clearly be a nod/mirror to Hulk #180/181.
    It ends up coming down to a few members of Alpha Flight (maybe Vindicator and Sasquatch? Vindicator and Snowbird? Vindicator and Shaman?) to break up the fight - and bring Wolverine under control.
    Back at Department H, Vindicator is seeing arguing with Canadian government officials about releasing Wolverine to take down Hulk and how he's uncontrollable.
    Post credits - In wheels in Professor Xavier who says he can take Wolverine and help him. Canada, glad to wash their hands clean hands Wolverine over.

In the next Black Panther movie, we are introduced to Storm who was born with the abilities to control weather. Some bad guy wants to capture and control Storm to essentially use her to "gain control over crops" (especially in Africa, where her powers could be greatly put to use). She ends up getting help from Black Panther, who at the end, explains to her, he's heard of someone that has been helping people like her - people born with superhuman powers.
    Post credit - in rolls Professor Xavier who explains he's gathering mutants - like himself - to teach them how to use their powers.

In the next Black Widow movie, the Russian government has sent a new agent after Natasha (along with other members of Winter Soldier) - and this one has regrets and doubts about the honesty of his government. This person, none other than Colossus. Natasha tells him that Black Panther informed her of someone who could help him.
    Post credits - in rolls Professor Xavier.

Start the X-Men movie, and we learn Cyclops and Jean were his two first recruits and have been training with him for years. They learn that the other X-Men vanished when their plane went down over a mysterious island investigating a mutant that had been detected. This obviously does a nod to Giant Size X-Men, but rather than Krakoa being a thing (which seems far fetched for how the MCU operates) - it turns out to be a mutant who can control the land - and you discover, that he was on a ship that vanished in the Bermuda Triangle because his powers kicked in, causing a tsunami and he's been surviving on the island, as a savage.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

I would love a team of:

Storm as the leader/powerhouse
    Nighctrawler as the teleporter
    Betsy as the telepath
    Rogue as the muscle
    Gambit as the wild card
    Jubilee as the newbie
    Iceman as the funny gay guy
    Xavier as the mentor
    Cool team!

I actually like Adam-X's idea a lot. That would be an awesome way to introduce the mutants.

I do too. Except I would make “Hulk vs. Wolverine” a Disney+ series and fast track that sucker for development now to be released in 2021. And the next Black Widow movie is probably too far away since the first one is coming out this May, so maybe finding another way to introduce Colossus or some of the other X-men via movies and Disney+ shows that are already in the works. But introducing Storm in Black Panther 2 would be brilliant. For sure. Love that and think it’s a no-brainer. Even if just a cameo. And then launching an “Uncanny X-men” film based loosely on the original Krakoa rescue mission from Giant-Sized X-men #1 would be perfect.

I find it incredibly unlikely there will be either another Hulk or Black Widow film.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I actually like Adam-X's idea a lot. That would be an awesome way to introduce the mutants.
    Thank you. I would want it to be done the same way the Avengers were. We got them one at a time, at first to let movie goers know who they were.

We can't assume that movie goers will also be comic book readers. So I would want to build off of existing movies that movie goers are already invested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I do too. Except I would make “Hulk vs. Wolverine” a Disney+ series and fast track that sucker for development now to be released in 2021. And the next Black Widow movie is probably too far away since the first one is coming out this May, so maybe finding another way to introduce Colossus or some of the other X-men via movies and Disney+ shows that are already in the works. But introducing Storm in Black Panther 2 would be brilliant. For sure. Love that and think it’s a no-brainer. Even if just a cameo. And then launching an “Uncanny X-men” film based loosely on the original Krakoa rescue mission from Giant-Sized X-men #1 would be perfect.
    Well, I am assuming that the X-Men won't be introduced for years to come.
    So if they wrote up another Black Widow movie (which I could see with the environment now showcasing more female characters as main stars, which is a great idea). Black Widow has a long history already in Avengers, so she's very well established.
    And yeah; I figure do the slow build up to introduce mutants - use the Giant Size X-Men #1 as the first X-Men movie (so we have a team we've slowly built up) to rescue the other original members (say like Angel, Beast, and whoever else we wanted to include).

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I find it incredibly unlikely there will be either another Hulk or Black Widow film.
    Perhaps not; but the idea being how would we introduce the X-Men into the MCU given the chance - and this is how I'd personally like to see it happen if I was at the helm.
    Need Comics? Consider using my Affiliate link - helps keep my Podcast ad free!
    https://www.mycomicshop.com/?AffID=1055159P01
    Check out the Comic Relief Podcast! - The podcast all about comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam-X View Post
    Perhaps not; but the idea being how would we introduce the X-Men into the MCU given the chance - and this is how I'd personally like to see it happen if I was at the helm.
    Oh sure. Not slamming your creativity at all. I feel like reliance on other movies to do individual introductions is a stretch, and asking for additional hurdles. I mean specifically Hulk v Wolverine, Hulk has gone years without being a threat and even taking selfies with kids in a diner. A storyline pitting a mutant agent against Ruffalo's disabled beefcake seems like actually going backward —unless you're suggesting a flashback film, no one's clamoring for that either.

I think the notion of introducing Wolverine as a brainwashed mutant assassin is compelling, and I wonder if it could be inserted into a Disney+ flashback episode of Flacon & Winter Soldier... like Bucky relates to Sam a story of how his Russian handlers set him to subdue a rampaging Hulk for study, and he finds its actually a race against time before a competing mutant agent subdues him first.

Maybe the MCU Wolverine isn't brainwashed at this time, and sent to subdue Hulk because the X-Men believe [the Hulk] to be a mutant. Maybe the experience makes Bucky recall an additional Russian program where they were testing kids, ie Colossus, Darkstar, Ursa Major... until he's brainwashed into forgetting them.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darkgreed View Post
    Xavier and Cyclops gather a group of mutants to help the free the X-Men. From a island that's alive.

Storm
    Banshee
    Wolverine
    Colossus
    Perta
    Vulcan
    Darwin
    Sway

This way i can kill some characters off, hint hint.
    This is exactly what I was thinking! Exactly! My first group of X-Men would be Cyke, Bobby, Angel, Jean, Hank and Polaris.
    The second movie would be a Hellfire entrance in the background and introduce Kitty Pryde who is also courted by Emma Frost and of course bring in Dazzler. I would completely IGNORE any and all reference to Dark Phoenix, we do not need that storyline. I would include the Mystique Brotherhood as the big fight villains with Rogue showing up on Xaviers doorstep at the end.
    The cast for the second movie would be Xavier, Jean, Scott, Bobby, Storm, Colossus. Wolverine and Polaris.
    My Brotherhood would be Mystique, Destiny, Avalanche, Pyro, Phantazia, Wildchild and perhaps Sauron.
    Shaw, Frost and Harry Leland would be spotlighted as the Hellfure Club with Shaw working with Mystique and Emma with Xavier.