Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415 LastLast

Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Commuting betwen "Marvel Future Fight" and ZETSUBOU-SHITA!

Jesus, Mary and Joseph. Those artwork were on my old trading card collection. Every last one. That series (Impel 1992?) was the shite with schoolkids when I was in PH fourth grade (1992-93). Either portrait- or landscape-oriented, they were beauties, one and all. Even lucked out and got Roma (Excalibur) with her all-7s on the Power Graph. Then my ma threw them all into a dumpster fire when I was on my elementary graduating year. *sigh*

Oh, and the live-action counterpart casting is okay enough.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

I would introduce the first mutants in a Captain Marvel movie: the Brotherhood with a teenage Rogue, Mystique along with some other random members. So, mutants would be first revealed to the world and the Avengers as villains and a threat to humanity.

Rogue would later seek out help from Xavier and the X-Men would have to come out of hiding and become "superheroes" to deal with the fallout from being associated with members of the Brotherhood. The initial group would be fairly standard and the team around Uncanny X-Men 171 - Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Colossus and some younger students. Start small and expand.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Cyclops, Wolverine and Storm. The mutant trinity. They occupy symbolic positions similar to Cap / Iron Man / Thor and Superman / Batman / Wonder Woman. It is a dynamic that works and they are also the three most popular. It is the stone on which you build the rest.

Nightcrawler, is loved by fans, can be light and fun and visually is very interesting.

Here I have a problem. I want Jean to be there but I don't think it is feasible for her to be from the beginning. Dark Phoenix and X-Men 3 I believe that they have damaged the image of her too much for the spectators, if she is from the beginning I think that people will be waiting for her death. I think it is better that the movies start with her already dead in the backstory and that she returns triumphantly in some later movie. Also, MCU Scarlet Witch has stolen so much from Jean that it makes her dangerously redundant.

So I suppose Emma would be for telepathy. She can give a sarcastic humor that fits well with the MCU.

And finally, Jubilee. Look, I'm not a Jubilee fan but the MCU needs more diversity. Kitty Pryde can be used in Excalibur or something like that later. Jubilee can be perfect
    as audience surrogate.

Also, Cyclops' ethnicity can be changed without any problem since it does not influence his narrative at all. I'm not so sure with Wolverine for his past life. Emma might also be changed.
    Thiiiissss - Current MCU!Wanda is so much visually and powerwise like Jean that it's crazy. I know they dyed her hair so they could be in hiding, but I think that auburn/red hair with the red trench was too similar to Jean Grey from X3.

WandaVision the Disney+ Show and Dr. Strange 2 will likely have Wanda become more like her comicbook counterpart, which is good because then we can have Jean in the MCU.

As far as Jubilee vs Shadowcat. For Film and Television, always go Jubilee. Not just for diversity, but she is more popular among the masses. Her look is so iconic, that it's barely changed in the comics. Not only that but like you mentioned she's an easy audience surrogate with lovely visual powers and a bratty personality that could be fun for writers to get quips and jokes in.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

I think the first Fox X-Men movie almost had it right with the group of characters. Wolverine, Cyclops, Storm, Rogue and then I'd switch Jean out for Nightcrawler, Beast, or Gambit. I think a small cast is good and doesn't need to exactly mirror the Avengers with the larger cast of 6. Professor would obviously be the mutant Nick Fury. Sentinels would make great into villains or maybe Sinister. The end of the movie, characters like Jean, Colossus, Psylocke, and Iceman would be discovered as prisoners in Sinister's lab.

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Going just to eight core members to start things out, I think this roster would be a good choice.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Electricmastro View Post
    Going just to eight core members to start things out, I think this roster would be a good choice.

I would love to see the Outback team introduced into the MCU, especially if we could get something reminiscent of these costumes
    Make Good Art

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, that Jubilee hair-cut. They could've cheated and used a Gen X pic.
    "Cable was right!"

The problem I see with a lot of these rosters that include interesting but lesser known picks (Warpath, Longshot, Blink, Northstar, etc) is that inevitably, the MCU X-Men roster is one that will influence how the general public and younger generations see the X-Men. It just feels wrong to me to not start with the really iconic classic X-Men characters and then go from there. Even if for us it's the zillionth time we've seen some iteration of them. I don't think the movies is the time or place to start experimenting with some oddball team choices, we have the comics and future movies for that.

So I continue to think the starting roster should be some variation on:
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Nightcrawler
    Colossus
    Kitty Pryde
    Rogue
    (with smaller roles for Jean, Beast, Prof X, etc).

Astonishing Member Electricmastro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post
    The problem I see with a lot of these rosters that include interesting but lesser known picks (Warpath, Longshot, Blink, Northstar, etc) is that inevitably, the MCU X-Men roster is one that will influence how the general public and younger generations see the X-Men. It just feels wrong to me to not start with the really iconic classic X-Men characters and then go from there. Even if for us it's the zillionth time we've seen some iteration of them. I don't think the movies is the time or place to start experimenting with some oddball team choices, we have the comics and future movies for that.

So I continue to think the starting roster should be some variation on:
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Nightcrawler
    Colossus
    Kitty Pryde
    Rogue
    (with smaller roles for Jean, Beast, Prof X, etc).
    I think actions ultimately influence more than words and appearances, though still, regarding that starting roster, I think this would be a good one as well.

In general I think that introducing Havok and Cable before Cyclops is a bad idea. Unless Cyclops is specifically mentioned as missing for some reason in the backstory.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    In general I think that introducing Havok and Cable before Cyclops is a bad idea. Unless Cyclops is specifically mentioned as missing for some reason in the backstory.
    While I agree, I'll admit it would be hilarious to introduce Havok as a standalone character at first, only to have him obliquely learn about 'his brother' from something a villain says, and only meet Cyclops later... (Basically tell the story introducing 'the other Summers brother' but instead of Gabriel, it's actually Scott, being discovered by Alex!) Just to mix stuff up and mess with expectations.

Incredible Member

X-Men

The film begins with Shield officers lobbying among the US goverment for the end of the persecution of the so called mutants. Fury and Colonel Braddock, who has been investigating mutants for the past years, believe that some of them would have the potential to join the ranks of the avengers as a world class super heroes, while the Goverment sees them solely as threats. When Fury asks them to at least allow SHIELD to be in charge of these operations and take custody of the current prisioners, the president of the United States tells him that the case is already in the best hands and ready to move on to the next big phase.

we see humans protesting on the outdoors lawn of xavier’s Special Institute for gifted students which has been recently outed as a school for super powered mutants. At the same time, magneto and mystique breaks into a government facility to free mutant prisoners to join his brotherhood (pyro avalanche toad and the vicious sabretooth). The people and the goverment freak out, the president antecipate his schedules and sanctions the mutant registering program. biogotry erupts and Magneto counter strikes with the assist of his Brotherhood. Meanwhile, wolverine, a mutant loner is approached by truculent mutant-affairs agents and goes berserker on them. The security secretary take the oportunity to unleash the sentinel program. This secretary (Bolivar Trask) is a typical anti villain, good father, loveable... but racist. Fear is his main driver. He only seeks to protect American families, typical conservative bullshit. Wolverine joins x-men against the sentinels while magneto reprograms them against humanity. Rogue, a Brotherhood member, turncoats and assists the secretary to escape the brotherhood. The X-men save everyone including the life of the secretary. The president accepts Xavier plea to end the mutant persecution and vouches for the Xavier Institute.
    Rogue joins the x-men. Xavier extends the invitation to betsy, who refuses telling him she still has a role in SHIELD as the sole mutant in their ranks.

Professor X
    Cyclops
    Jean
    Storm
    Beast
    Rogue
    Colossus
    Kitty (in the school not in the field)
    Wolverine
    Magneto
    Mystique
    Toad
    Pyro
    Avalanche
    Sabretooth
    Colonel Braddock (Betsy)

Wolverine

Logan is kidnapped by an alliance of old foes and his backstory as a undercover agent surfaces. Sabretooth, the Hand ( Matsuo ) and the head of weapon X, Willian Stryker. They use logan healing factor to revive their ultimate living weapon : WEAPON IX. Omega Red. Logan breaks free aided by a mall rat he meets in the very beggining of the movie, Jubilee, and Colonel Braddock, the british secret agent from shield, now brainwashed by the hand: Psylocke (no body swap)

Wolverine
    Psylocke
    Jubilee
    Sabretooth
    Striker
    Cornelius
    Omega Red
    Matsuo and the Hand

X2
    Trough a flashback we get to know the original 5 and the school origins. Angel and iceman rejoins the team with an invitation from dr corbeau for an expedition to the space to fix a space station. There jean saves everyone from a massive meteor shower. Jeans gets infected by a cosmic force called Phoenix, a energy hungry entity, unleashing her huge-omega level power. Xavier thinks it has to be cointained while magneto wants her to meet her true potential and to use it in favor of mutant specie. Meanwhile a secret organization called hellfire club seeks to recruit jean to their ranks. With the help of their brand new White King, Magneto, they are able to seduce jean into their inner circle and a misconducted mind manipulation by the White Queen, leads Jean to become the dark Phoenix, backfiring at the Hellfire Club. Jean gets power hungry and aims at the sun as a possible power source. She begins to consume it, but before it gets critical, the joined forces of Xavier Emma and Psylocke mentally cleanse Jean from the force and everything gets back to normal.

Professor X
    Cyclops
    Jean (Phoenix)
    Wolverine
    Storm
    Rogue
    Iceman
    Angel
    Beast
    Psylocke
    Colossus
    Kitty
    Jubilee (only cameo)
    Emma frost
    Sebastian shaw
    Donald pierce
    Magneto

X3

Everyone is trying to get back to their normal lives in the school. Wolverine, colossus and psylocke are sent to investigate an underground mutant comunity called morlocks, and there they recruit nightcrawler. A misterious mutant called gambit tries to boycott an attack to the morlocks by a group of marauders led by former brotherhood member Sabretooth, but gambit fails. The 3 x-men and nightcrawler come in the morlocks defense and arrest gambit. Meanwhile, Scott and Jean get kidnapped in the mansion. Nathaniel Essex is behind everything. He runs a research company and is supposedly working with the mutant cure, but is in fact aiming to improve the mutant specie, eliminating its flaws (morlocks) and using the most powerful mutant genomes to enhance and weaponize ordinary mutants. Moira Mctarget is a CIA agent investigating essex company. The political debate is about whether or not mutants should have the right to chose to volunteer for a cure for their condition. Nightcrawler would like to apply for it, while x-men with no visible mutant traits are pretty comfortable being mutants and stand against "the Cure". In an intense dialogue, kurt tries to call Betsy on her ****, telling that she is in an easy place to stand against the cure, being as pretty and respected as she is, and she tells him that she wakes up everynight panicked with the echoes of the thoughts of dozens morlocks that died in the hands of the marauders. She tells him she would love to shut this pain off anytime, but she would never do it case if she did she would never be able to fight for other mutants and with her powers she can make sure no other massacre like that would ever happen again. Rogue is also pro "cure" and supports Nightcrawler who ends up being weaponized by Essex and together, they are able to subdue the rest of the x-men. Rogue escapes and helps gambit, then a prisoner in the x-mansion to breaks free, since she is the only one who believes in his innocence, and they are able to infiltrate the essex complex and free the others. The x-men including gambit and nightcrawler save the day at the expense of charles xavier who dies at the end of the movie, killed by Nathaniel Essex.

Professor X
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Jean
    Nightcrawler
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Colossus
    Kitty
    Psylocke
    Nathaniel Essex
    Sabretooth
    Marauders

Wolverine II: X-Force

Angel has been funding a covert op to track down mutant threats. As his team is annihilated by the secret Akkaba clan he and Bishop (the leader and sole survivor of warren’s former hit-squad) approache wolverine, psylocke and the misterious fantomex to join his x-force. They discover the existence of the time traveler Cable, also after the Akkaba clan since they are responsible for returning apocalypse to life, dooming the world to the dark reality he grew in. Though he is held prisoner by Shield in a hellicarrier. The Xforce breaks into Shield's facilities to free cable and he joins their quest for apocalipse. Angel, Psylocke Fantomex and Bishop are captured and turned into the 4 horseman and cable and wolverine are left alone to fight and release them from Akkaba control. Apocalypse is set free in the final part of the movie and seeks to uses fantomex powers to alter reality to reshape the world after his beliefs. The team find out that apocalypse is just a projection and his true form is still a child. They go trough the same dilema from the Uncanny X Force series but Fantomex uses his powers to erase Kid apocalypse out of existence, erasing himself too in the process...

Wolverine
    Archangel
    Psylocke
    Bishop
    Fantomex
    Cable
    Apocalypse
    Last edited by crimsontt; 07-07-2020 at 06:17 PM.

I think I have an easier time listing what classic characters I think they should skip:

• Beast – he was all over the First Class series. Just like how Marvel avoids the previously used Spidey characters, skip over characters like that.
    • Nightcrawler
    • Colossus – leave him for Deadpool
    • Havok – Same as Beast

I would start with the O5:

Cyclops
    Angel
    Beast
    Iceman
    Marvel Girl

But please hear me out: The movie wouldn't revolve entirely around them. Midway through the movie, the rest of the team besides Cyclops gets captured, and so him and Xavier are forced to recruit an All-New, All-Different international team of mutants to rescue them. I'd take some liberties, mainly not having Wolverine right away but waiting to introduce him later.

This team, in addition to Cyclops, is:

Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Colossus
    Banshee
    Gambit
    Jubilee
    Sunfire

Then in the end they form the school for mutants everywhere. Sunfire, like the comics, leaves after the mission because he's not keen on the others and vice versa. Sounds simple enough. You get the fanservice of having the O5 be the founding lineup, but not have them be the sole focus. Once the school is established, then you can really have some fun with the setting.