Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Default Your starting lineup for the X-Men in the MCU?

Ok it is a given when Disney gets the X-Men back they are starting from scratch as far as the movies go. If you were in charge who would be in your lineup for their MCU debut? Xavier being around is a given but the rest is up to you. Who would make up the best team?

Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Polaris
    Colossus
    Iceman
    Beast

I really want to add Storm, but her powers just seem to never really work that great in live action to me so I left her out. I also would leave Wolverine out of the first movie because I think they need to establish the X-Men team proper before they bring him in since he casts such a big shadow. Plus saving him for movie 2 would give them a little more time between Jackman and whoever it is that has to step into his shoes which might go over better with the audience.

I actually was gonna go big and say both Blue and Gold

I'd go with
    Storm
    Cyclops
    Jean
    Iceman
    Beast.
    Basically the 05 without Angel and instead Storm. I would rather go with Colossus than Beast, but the former is in Deadpool and I think they may not reboot the Deadpool movies.

Mighty Member

I don't want to retread old steps from the foX-Men, but I don't want to isolate anyone from it, so here's my lineup with the older X-Men:
    Storm
    Beast
    Iceman

Now let's get to the ones where mainstream audiences don't know about:

Armor - she's normally depicted as the audience surrogate in lieu of Kitty, foX-Men Rogue, or Jubilee, so she's going to keep playing that role. Plus her powers are made to be visually interesting.
    Rachel Summers - Mainstream audiences don't know much about her. Hope even made it into a movie before her. She's also a bit of a meta joke, seeing how she'll lack her comic counterpart's history, her conflict will be that she'll need to break out of her parents' shadow.

Amazing Member

I’d go with most of the lineup from the animated series.

Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Beast
    Storm
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Jubilee
    and Nightcrawler instead of Wolverine

BANNED

Storm (team leader)
    Iceman (his homosexuality will be acknowledged)
    Rogue (flight and super strength)
    Gambit and Jubilee (with updated costumes so they don’t look like 90s relics)
    Nightcrawler (not socially awkward or into self-mutilation)

Xavier and Cyclops gather a group of mutants to help the free the X-Men. From a island that's alive.

Storm
    Banshee
    Wolverine
    Colossus
    Perta
    Vulcan
    Darwin
    Sway

This way i can kill some characters off, hint hint.
    The dream is dead, so wake up and fight!

5A079173-CD32-4321-84EF-1E293BB416E2.jpg

CGI Colossus, Storm, Nightcrawler, Wolverine as teachers and field agents.
    Emma Frost and Hank McCoy as noncombat educators.

Jubilee, Iceman, Sunfire, Prodigy, Stepford Cuckoos, and Dust as students.

No Xavier, no Magneto, no Mystique, no Phoenix, no Wolverine til the third act, no Cyclops til the post credits scene.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 09-28-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I'd go with
    Storm
    Cyclops
    Jean
    Iceman
    Beast.
    Basically the 05 without Angel and instead Storm. I would rather go with Colossus than Beast, but the former is in Deadpool and I think they may not reboot the Deadpool movies.
    Now I'm thinking of a film where they recruit Storm out from under the thumb of the Shadow King. Better than the 132nd fight against Magneto.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    Now I'm thinking of a film where they recruit Storm out from under the thumb of the Shadow King. Better than the 132nd fight against Magneto.
    I like it! And yeah, if they can get through one movie without heavy focus on Magneto, Xavier, Mystique and Wolverine, that could be a neat way of differentiating themselves from the Fox X-Men movies (and also paying some respect for the great jobs done by people like Hugh Jackman, by not trying to immediately stomp all over their definitive versions of those characters).

For that reason, I'd want the initial lineup to focus on characters that got little (or poor) representation in the Fox movies, like Cyclops, Angel, Storm, Beast, Colossus, Iceman, Rogue, Kitty, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Banshee, etc. Maybe some dark horse surprises like Sunfire or Havok or Dazzler or Jubilee or Longshot. (I feel like Polaris and Thunderbird are being done well on The Gifted, and I'd rather not have multiple versions of them hanging around at the same time. I'd rather they give us something we don't already have.)

For villains, they've got unused gems like Sinister, Selene, Proteus, Master Mold or Bastion, etc. available, if they want to avoid the Magneto trap for awhile. Arguably they haven't had a *good* appearance by the Hellfire Club, Apocalypse or Sentinels yet, but, again, it might be best to show what you can do with what Fox *hasn't* already done, than try to show them up.

Again, wild cards like Sauron or Stryfe or Maddy/the Goblyn Queen are also an option, as well as just straight up crossing the streams (since this will be an MCU X-Men movie and not stuck in some X-ghetto with only X-IP) and using a villain that has crossed paths with the X-Men, but is not generally seen as an 'X-Men villain,' like Doom. (Wouldn't that just set the cat amongst the pigeons, with everyone expecting Doom to appear in an MCU Fantastic Four movie!)

Xavier
    Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Beast
    Wolverine
    Storm

No Magneto and definitely no Mystique till at least the 2nd film.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Cannonball
    Sunspot
    Moonstar

Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Jean
    Cyke
    Logan, but don’t make him the sole focus of the movie
    Storm
    Kurt
    Xavier I guess, but as a headmaster and not a field team member.
    Hank
    Quicksilver, but Quicksilver the asshole, not Quicksilver the whatever Fox has going on.

Gambit I want, but he’s not a great first X-Man. Same with X-23, and to a lesser extent Rogue. It would be really cool to do the Ms. Marvel storyline with her.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Storm
    Cyclops
    Jean
    Wolverine
    Nightcrawler
    Kitty - she should be there from the start to be effective