Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

At first: Cyclops, Jean Grey, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Colossus and Storm.

Having Destiny & Mystique's Brotherhood as their first nemesis (Blob, Avalanche, Pyro, Toad and Rogue).

Leave Logan out of it for now.

Amazing Member

Outback Team all the way!!!

Longshot? Really?

Mine is: Jean Grey, Cyclops, Storm, Iceman, Nightcrawler and Rogue. Emma and Gambit would join too

All-New Member

I would really like them to choose characters that actually look freakish and different to normal humans and ram home the whole mutants are scary thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I would start with the O5:

Cyclops
    Angel
    Beast
    Iceman
    Marvel Girl

But please hear me out: The movie wouldn't revolve entirely around them. Midway through the movie, the rest of the team besides Cyclops gets captured, and so him and Xavier are forced to recruit an All-New, All-Different international team of mutants to rescue them. I'd take some liberties, mainly not having Wolverine right away but waiting to introduce him later.

This team, in addition to Cyclops, is:

Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Colossus
    Banshee
    Gambit
    Jubilee
    Sunfire

Then in the end they form the school for mutants everywhere. Sunfire, like the comics, leaves after the mission because he's not keen on the others and vice versa. Sounds simple enough. You get the fanservice of having the O5 be the founding lineup, but not have them be the sole focus. Once the school is established, then you can really have some fun with the setting.
    I don`t want O5 in any way in it more then old photo on the wall.
    X-Men team must be as cool and visully interesting as Avengers in movies. It must rock from the start

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    X-Men team must be as cool and visully interesting as Avengers in movies. It must rock from the start
    I would take a heaping helping from Netflix's Umbrella Academy.

I'd start the X-Men as a sanctuary in the Outback for mutants "that actually look freakish and different to normal humans", led by Nightcrawler and Storm. Mutants in the background would include Glob Herman, Anole, Beak, Pixie and others. Kurt is in favor of continuing covert extraction and sanctuary protocols for mutants. Ororo wants to try changing the global dialog about mutants by forming a team of overt mutant superheroes. Both goals were part of the Dream but Charles died far too early, leaving his first students to make decisions regarding the future of mutantkind.

Wolverine would be their scout, traveling internationally following leads on mutant kids. He'd rescue Dust in the pre-credits. Cyclops would be retired in Alaska. He'd be recruited by Storm, and serve as the team lancer.

Have we even discussed five-man band compositions?
    Storm - leader, Cyclops - lancer, Wolverine - "big guy", Beast/Emma - smart guy, Nightcrawler - chick.

Ultimate Member

Storm being leader, instead of Cyclops, seems like a must-have.

Cyclops may be one of my favorites, but he's the X-Men's 'Captain America' and we've already had one of those 'white dude's in charge' line ups. Put in in the lancer/dragon/lieutenant position, and Ororo in the big chair. Nightcrawler can be the 'non-human looking one.' If there's a Colossus, he needs to be better looking (shiny smooth like ultimate Colossus perhaps?) and less of a 'Russkie straight-man' joke than the one on Deadpool. Jubilee as the new recruit.

Five would be a good starting number, with the implication that there are others, perhaps even *many* others, but these are the ones available *now*, for *this* mission (which, in the first movie, shouldn't be some world-ending or existential threat. This is their 'training wheels protocol' / Homecoming, when we get to meet the team, introduce the concept, foreshadow the looming threats and become familiar with their world, save the big big drama for the second and third movies!

I feel like the Fox movies have given us *plenty* of Wolverine, Magneto, Xavier and Mystique, and a bit more of the Jean-becomes-Phoenix narrative than I needed to see. Let's see some focus on other X-Men, and on other X-Men villains, or on characters that Fox didn't handle so memorably, like Emma Frost or Sabertooth or Banshee or Angel.

Extraordinary Member

Cyclops
    Marvel Girl
    Beast (non-furry)
    Angel
    Iceman

Just go original recipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Cyclops
    Marvel Girl
    Beast (non-furry)
    Angel
    Iceman

Just go original recipe.
    mmm

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    I don`t want O5 in any way in it more then old photo on the wall.
    seconded

Thirded. Not saying I don't want any of the O5 in the film, just that I don't want a film centered around that boring (IMO) cast.

The closest I could get to accepting the O5 is if they appear in a cameo first a la Spider-Man, and then the first proper X-Men film is about going All-New, All-Different.

Granted, I don't want the ANAD line-up.

My vote is for the Whedon Astonishing line-up, with some tweaks. Swap out Kitty, plug in Jean. Armor can work as the young POV character, and Jean would have similar dynamics within the group as a whole. Add Storm. Swap Colossus for Rockslide.

Rockslide is a poor man’s Thing. And Ben Grimm will be coming to the MCU soon. Plus we already have Korg. Too many rock guys.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Granted, I don't want the ANAD line-up.
    Because I’m interested in your thoughts, why are you opposed to the ANAD lineup?

By ANAD, *I* mean Scott, Storm, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus.

Besides all that, I think Trauma and Anxiety are the two most important members of the X-Men, and no matter WHO you choose to cast, needs to have a very intimate and explicit relationship with BOTH of the them.

I would love a team of:

Storm as the leader/powerhouse
    Nighctrawler as the teleporter
    Betsy as the telepath
    Rogue as the muscle
    Gambit as the wild card
    Jubilee as the newbie
    Iceman as the funny gay guy
    Xavier as the mentor

Storm can appear before in BP2, Iceman and Jubilee in SM3, Rogue in CM2, Professor in DrStrange2...like this we don't need to introduce them all at once.

Forge and Reyes as support

Like this we have representation, visually interesting characters, different power-sets. All were underdeveloped by the Fox movies.

Shadow King as the villain

Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Magneto, Beast and Mystique can all appear later.

Maybe then in Deadpool 3 we can have a X-Force line-up with Logan, Fantomex, Domino, Kwannon and Cable.
    A picture would last longer darling...