Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Gambit, King of Thieves's Avatar

Jean
    Cyke
    Logan, but don’t make him the sole focus of the movie
    Storm
    Kurt
    Xavier I guess, but as a headmaster and not a field team member.
    Hank
    Quicksilver, but Quicksilver the *******, not Quicksilver the whatever Fox has going on.

Gambit I want, but he’s not a great first X-Man. Same with X-23, and to a lesser extent Rogue. It would be really cool to do the Ms. Marvel storyline with her.
    Cyclops was SO DAMN RIGHT, BABY
    Pull list: X-23, Mr. & Mrs. X, Extermination, Spider-Gwen: Ghost Spider, Uncanny X-Men
    Have been informed that the Black Swans are "only seeking female members, but thank you very much for your time"

Astonishing Member

Cyclops
    Marvel Girl
    Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Wolverine
    Jubilee
    Thunderbird

All the characters would be students for the sake of character economy with Professor X and Moira MacTaggert as the teachers. John Proudstar would sacrifice himself close to the end of the movie to destroy Mastermold. As the franchise goes on, new students would slowly be added in. Angel and Shadowcat first with Rogue coming in at the end of movie #2 after they fight the Brotherhood.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I'd go with
    Storm
    Cyclops
    Jean
    Iceman
    Beast.
    Basically the 05 without Angel and instead Storm. I would rather go with Colossus than Beast, but the former is in Deadpool and I think they may not reboot the Deadpool movies.
    What I would suggest. Beast could be swapped for Nightcrawler but, at the same time, I need me some happy Scott and Hank times to wash out what Fraction, Aaron and Bendis did to their former friendship.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial View Post
    I'd go with
    Storm
    Cyclops
    Jean
    Iceman
    Beast.
    This, or the 90s animated series cast (minus Logan, leave him for the sequel). Magneto could be name-dropped but should not be the main villain again.

Cyclops
    Storm
    Colossus
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Jubilee
    Forge

I'd mix Ultimate with 90s Blue. Unlike many others, I skip the 05 history (because it is bad and boring) and veer away from what we've been getting from the Fox films as much as possible. Wolverine, Jean, Beast, Iceman, etc... can come in later, establishing them as former members via flashbacks.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Cyclops
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Storm
    Archangel
    Psylocke
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I can already see the "x-mensowhite" hashtags with this team. Good team though objectively speaking.
    I thought about that long and hard when making my lineup. I would not be against a little race bending for Cyclops, Iceman, or Polaris. I would keep Lorna as Magneto's daughter but she could be mixed race. I think people would really scream if you made a character named Beast black or latino.

X-Men:Children of the Atom

Based on the Krakoa mission.

Begin by showing nuclear testing in a Pacific Island. Some scientists are there(maybe Howard Stark, along with Brian Xavier).

Beginning credits can have a condensed history of the earliest X-Men, gathered in secret, operating on the fringes.

They you see the O5 are bantering on a mission to a Pacific Island. They land and get rapid fire characterization before they get taken out in moments(off screen).

Cyke makes back to the mansion, costume all ripped, powers gone. Xavier stabilizes him and goes into his office to don the Cerebro helmet.

Scans the world, goes recruiting.

We get nice vignettes setting the stage for the global situation mutants face. Most are rejected and feared, a couple are praised. End Act 1.

Nightcrawler, Colossus, Banshee(or Siren), Xorn(no helmet, healing and gravimetric powers), Storm, Thunderbird, Wolverine, in costume, chilling in the library on the stair, ala Cockrum's Giant Sized #1 page.

Train them up in the Danger Room, clash their personalities, off to the island. End Act 2.

Paired off, they have action scenes as they converge on the temple. Find the original teammates being fed upon, Xorn heals them up. Big Krakoa reveal, they all fight it(move over Civil War airport battle...). It's too big and powerful for them to take on, so Cyclops comes up with a battle-field-removal tactic. Storm and Xorn work together and throw the island into space! The team barely escapes. Has a party at Harry's Hideaway where personalities clash between the new and old team. Many leave, some stay. A new day dawns for a new X-Men team!

Mid credit scene: SHIELD/Shadow Government sees satellite footage of an island being thrown into space. Everyone is concerned about these mutants popping up all over since Thanos. Trask/Sebastian Shaw/whoever shows them their Sentinel proposal. They agree to proceed with it.

End credit scene: Raven Darkholme, DARPA director, was in that meeting. She has a frantic phone call with Irene, her blind lover. A young teen-aged girl plays in the background. Irene tells her the future looks grim.(Segues them into Captain Marvel 2).
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Cyclops, Jean, Wolverine, Storm, Beast and Rogue

Storm
    Cyclops
    Jean
    Wolverine
    Nightcrawler
    Kitty - she should be there from the start to be effective

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Ok it is a given when Disney gets the X-Men back they are starting from scratch as far as the movies go. If you were in charge who would be in your lineup for their MCU debut? Xavier being around is a given but the rest is up to you. Who would make up the best team?

Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Polaris
    Colossus
    Iceman
    Beast

I really want to add Storm, but her powers just seem to never really work that great in live action to me so I left her out. I also would leave Wolverine out of the first movie because I think they need to establish the X-Men team proper before they bring him in since he casts such a big shadow. Plus saving him for movie 2 would give them a little more time between Jackman and whoever it is that has to step into his shoes which might go over better with the audience.
    In today's age they cannot have an all white line up, especially in a Disney where Black Panther is huge. At a minimum you'd need to include Storm, and an Asian or a Hispanic character.

I wonder if there's any chance they won't use any of the big characters, just to differentiate from Fox's universe.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    I wonder if there's any chance they won't use any of the big characters, just to differentiate from Fox's universe.
    I doubt it, but I hope it.

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRlrus View Post
    All they have to do is make Cyke, Storm, and Jean cool and interesting, and they'll already be different from Fox.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    All they have to do is make Cyke, Storm, and Jean cool and interesting, and they'll already be different from Fox.
    Preach! Preaaaaaachhhhhh!
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/