Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I thought about that long and hard when making my lineup. I would not be against a little race bending for Cyclops, Iceman, or Polaris. I would keep Lorna as Magneto's daughter but she could be mixed race. I think people would really scream if you made a character named Beast black or latino.
    Changing there race would just turn into another Legacy characters being changed fiasco. I've already seen lots of complaints and anger over Starfire, an orange Alien being black on the TV show.

For Polaris i would still make her magneto daughter but i would say Magneto gave her to charles as a child to keep her safe knowing what he was going out to do in the world. Thereby she saw Xavier as her father as he raised her.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Storm
    Jubilee
    Iceman
    Cyclops

Jean Grey
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Wolverine

I was trying to keep Classic line up and but add diversity that is bad needed from the original group. I think this is the best set up with Beast as a lecturer/professor and Angel busy with his company so they are not around but it is implicitly stated that they are founding members. Forge is the tech guy and you would see him occasional for tech exposition in the movie. The biggest problem is what do with Kitty, Nightcrawler and Colossus who are all deserving of a spot as "classic x-men"my best solution is to state the are the Muir Island facility working on something,You can bring them back for future X-men movies but goal would be an Excalibur spin off because the X-men cast is to large. Gambit and Wolverine are on the team for the first movie but both would be getting spin off movies so the sequels would just have small cameos from them.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 09-28-2018 at 06:23 PM.

Interesting thread. I havent really thought about MCU lineup because were in the hospice stage of Fox.

Hmm

Cyclops
    Storm
    Wolverine
    Colossus
    Psylocke- have her in the Asian form
    Kitty

I was hemming and hawing between Piotr or Kurt , and I know some fans will be upset at no Jean.

3 males, 3 females
    1 young character
    2 minorities

I thought about that long and hard when making my lineup. I would not be against a little race bending for Cyclops, Iceman, or Polaris. I would keep Lorna as Magneto's daughter but she could be mixed race. I think people would really scream if you made a character named Beast black or latino.
    The big thing with making Beast black would be to not have him be a caricature of Hollywood blackness. I think the idea of him basically being Neil Kickass Tyson is pretty cool myself, but it might be better to get a black opinion than my white one.

Bobby is tougher for me. One of his traits is a bigoted father, and bigotry loses some narrative oomph if it isn't connected to the group in power.

The easiest person to race lift would actually be Scott. He just needs a military pilot father who is presumed dead, and a connection to Alaska. And I don't think I have ever seen a Tlinkit in a film unless it's really starring a sled dog. Native American roles seem to mostly be Apache, Navajo, or Inuit unless set in colonial America days.

Spectacular Member

Ok it is a given when Disney gets the X-Men back they are starting from scratch as far as the movies go. If you were in charge who would be in your lineup for their MCU debut? Xavier being around is a given but the rest is up to you. Who would make up the best team?

Cyclops
    Jean Grey
    Polaris
    Colossus
    Iceman
    Beast

I really want to add Storm, but her powers just seem to never really work that great in live action to me so I left her out. I also would leave Wolverine out of the first movie because I think they need to establish the X-Men team proper before they bring him in since he casts such a big shadow. Plus saving him for movie 2 would give them a little more time between Jackman and whoever it is that has to step into his shoes which might go over better with the audience.
    I’m not calling you insensitive or anything, but you can’t have an all white cast. You need a person of color in the X-Men has a lot to choose from. Storm, Bishop, Armor, Jubilee, Thunderbird, Sunfire and many others could easily be included in the lineup and not just a token one of.

Cyclops, Jean, Iceman, Beast, Storm, Shadowcat, Jubilee, and Kid Omega.

Angel is excluded because Storm's powers make him redundant. Storm and Jubilee are there for ethnic inclusion. Wolverine is excluded to give breathing space after Hugh Jackman's long tenure - bring in a recast Logan in the sequel. Iceman would be established as gay, and Quentin is a wildcard. He's not been adapted to other media before at all, and he'd create drama due to his rebellious nature. Kitty's Jewish faith would be mentioned.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The XTAS line-up:
    Storm
    Jean
    Cyclops
    Wolverine
    Jubilee
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Beast
    Add: Nightcrawler or Pyslocke

Save Rogue, Gambit & Mystique for Cap Marvel 2.

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    The XTAS line-up:
    Storm
    Jean
    Cyclops
    Wolverine
    Jubilee
    Rogue
    Gambit
    Beast
    Add: Nightcrawler or Pyslocke
    I like the XTAS line-up too. Ya love what you grow up with, I guess.
    Last edited by Nox Noctes; 09-28-2018 at 06:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    The big thing with making Beast black would be to not have him be a caricature of Hollywood blackness. I think the idea of him basically being Neil Kickass Tyson is pretty cool myself, but it might be better to get a black opinion than my white one.

Bobby is tougher for me. One of his traits is a bigoted father, and bigotry loses some narrative oomph if it isn't connected to the group in power.

The easiest person to race lift would actually be Scott. He just needs a military pilot father who is presumed dead, and a connection to Alaska. And I don't think I have ever seen a Tlinkit in a film unless it's really starring a sled dog. Native American roles seem to mostly be Apache, Navajo, or Inuit unless set in colonial America days.
    X-men is most diverse main stream comic franchise. The X-men does not need to race bend the X-men is franchise is one of the few where

1.Warpath, Forge and Moonstar can have conversation about Native American culture

2. Iceman,Northstar, Rictor , Anole,Prodigy and Shatterstar could have conversation about LGBT community

3. Armor, Jubilee, Karma, Trinary, Loa can have conversion about being an Asian

4. M and Dust can talk about their faith

And I can go on and on I don't mind idea of changing character races but X-men does not have to change any races but simple use the characters that they have around. We don't have to start the X-men at the beginning we can acknowledge 05 give them their proper respect and quickly move on

No team as the mcu will make them feel like the avengers. Not that fox's new movie looks good either.

Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Iceman, and Forge

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Save Rogue, Gambit & Mystique for Cap Marvel 2.
    Interesting. How would they play in?
    Make Good Art

Storm, Cyclops, and Wolverine are likely their big 3 (Jean too, but I think DP will temper their initial use of her).
    If done right Storm and Cyke could be their breakout stars.
    Wolverine/Weapon X could be their initial "antagonist." Jean could be saved for a Krakoa/Hellfire rescue.

Beast or Nightcrawler - they need a mutant that doesn't look human.
    Rogue, Husk, Sunfire, or Marrow - member who can't "control" their powers.
    Iceman, Jubilee, Pixie, Kitty - the youngin'.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Cyclops
    Storm
    Beast
    Jean
    Colossus/Sunfire/Nightcrawler (*I fear Shiro's visuals would be made redundant with Johnny Storm and in comparison to Storm or Jean as Phoenix)

That team would feel like the X-men with room to change and exchange with newer characters, later in the film series.

Wolverine must come later especially because they aren't going to miss the opportunity to use him in and around every Marvel property.

Other prominent characters that could come later are Rogue I expect her introduction to come through Captain Marvel as it should, Gambit after Storm is established in the X-men, Psylocke through direct interaction or at first a starring role in Captain Britain or Excalibur. POV characters like Kitty/Jubilee/Armor/Pixie could be great reintroducing or back to basics of what the X-men stand for.

Iceman, and Angel could function as former members with prominent roles in spin offs, Warren specifically would work great in a re-telling of Apocalypse.