Colossus
    Nightcrawler
    Wolverine
    Kitty Pryde (new recruit)

Support:
    Professor X
    Jean Grey
    Beast

The original X-Men besides Scott have kind of moved on to other things but make apearances.
    Introduce Rogue in the 2nd movie.
    Oh and cast most of the characters in their mid to late 20s. Kitty is late teens
    Last edited by SkywalkerX; 09-29-2018 at 05:59 AM.

In the first movie, I think the main cast should be in their early or mid 20s. Iceman and Kitty should be teens.

Cyclops
    Jean
    Beast
    Storm
    Thunderbird
    +
    Iceman
    Kitty - POV character

I'd also introduce Emma as a rival to Xavier, but not main villain.
    I'd leave Jubilee, Rogue, Gambit and Nightcrawler for sequels and keep Wolverine away from the first movie as well. Maybe hint at Weapon X at the end.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post
    Field team:
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Colossus
    Nightcrawler
    Wolverine

Support:
    Professor X
    Jean Grey
    Beast

The original X-Men besides Scott have kind of moved on to other things but make apearances.
    Oh and cast most of the characters in their mid to late 20s. Kitty is late teens
    Perfect cast to start. This is the best so far.

I think it’d be really funny if the just keep wolverine masked/in costume in the 1st movie and don’t reveal the actor who plays him until the second. It’d never happen but

Professor X

Storm and Wolverine are teachers

Cyclops
    Jean
    Beast
    Angel
    Iceman

are students. I would make Mr. Sinister the main villain with Gambit and Sabretooth both working for him as Marauders. Mutants are dissappearing, Xavier has Wolverine and Storm looking into it. The kids go out to enjoy themselves and stumble upon Rogue getting attacked, they try and help but fail. Beast gets taken. Rogue comes back to the mansion. Eventually by the end, Sinister has experimented on Beast and turned him blue. Angel almost dies and loses his wings. Rogue convinces Gambit to switch sides. They end up freeing Colossus, Kitty, and Nightcrawler from Sinisters lair.

I get that Kitty Pryde is nostalgic and precious, but I don't think she works anymore. I'd break her composite assets into a Special Class.

Jubilee is a better POV character than Kitty. She's sarcastic, spunky and defiant.
    Iceman is from Long Island. He can be Jewish, Italian, gay, funny, and best friendly.
    Prodigy is from an affluent Chicago suburb. He can be brilliant, capable, and intended for leadership.
    Dust can similarly "walk" through walls in dust form. She can have Wolverine as a protector and mentor.

Cyclops, Jean Grey, Storm, Wolverine, Rogue [aka the same characters from X1] + Nightcrawler
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

All I know is that it would have Jean, Storm, Wolverine and Cyclops.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    I get that Kitty Pryde is nostalgic and precious, but I don't think she works anymore. I'd break her composite assets into a Special Class.

Jubilee is a better POV character than Kitty. She's sarcastic, spunky and defiant.
    Iceman is from Long Island. He can be Jewish, Italian, gay, funny, and best friendly.
    Prodigy is from an affluent Chicago suburb. He can be brilliant, capable, and intended for leadership.
    Dust can similarly "walk" through walls in dust form. She can have Wolverine as a protector and mentor.
    Replacing Kitty with Dust is a bit of a stretch. Their powers aren't even remotely similar beyond a stealthy quality. And why work so hard to identify components of her when you could just use Kitty? The comics have done a bit of a character assassination on her in recent years but there's nothing wrong with using her. She still works as a POV character beyond nostalgia.

Movie 1: Storm, Cyclops, Jean, Beast, and Iceman. Bring in Wolverine as the movie's new member.
    I can't help but add that Movie 2 adds in Rogue and Nightcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    And why work so hard to identify components of her when you could just use Kitty.
    Because Kitty's intentional design was to be a Betty & Mary Sue. Others can be like her, but she can't do for representation that the others can. Also, I don't see the point of only having one mutant student. It's an opportunity to establish Hogwarts-level of Disney store merchandise.

Dust's transmorphic power is nothing like Kitty's phasing... but for plot function, it achieves identical results.
    Last edited by CRaymond; 09-29-2018 at 12:24 PM.

I thought the Ultimate X-men lineup was really great: Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Wolverine, Beast and Colossus; then they added Rogue and Nightcrawler after the Weapon X arc I think.

Also, can’t go wrong with the 90s Animated Series line-up either.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Lineup is of no concern since we all know who they'll choose (Jean, Xavier, Cyke, Wolvie, Storm are absolutely guaranteed, and so are Rogue Iceman Nightcrawler etc)

My concern is more along , characterizations, tone, just how it even happens big picture, how it is explained, things of that sort

The other question is will they have like separate Team-based movies like XForce , XFactor, Excalibur

Or just XMen every time

I would assume they'd want the separate teams to have different movies so there would be the naturally expected lineups there

I would love for a like "Brotherhood Origins" film, or a film focused on Mystique and Destiny, or a House of M movie

But that's not happening for at least 5 if not more like 10 years from now
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

It should start like Giant Size, some of the original team go missing or perhaps they decided to quit and a new team is made. Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Gambit, Nightcrawler and Jean/Psylocke.

Honestly it would be best to include characters that have already been showcased in the MCU so we already have an idea of who they are instead of 5 or so brand new characters sharing one movie.

I would go with the lineup from the Ultimate X-men to start:

Cyclops
    Jean
    Beast
    Storm
    Colossus
    Iceman
    Wolverine

I would end the movie with Xavier bringing in his next set of students, which would be Angel, Nightcrawler and Kitty.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post
    Field team:
    Cyclops
    Storm
    Colossus
    Nightcrawler
    Wolverine

Support:
    Professor X
    Jean Grey
    Beast

This cast is about as good as it can get for getting all the classic characters. I definitely want Rogue in there, but I would rather she start as a villain.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post

If you have to use four characters to attain Kitty's essence, wouldn't it be better to use Kitty in the first place? Plus, there's no way they're going to use Prodigy or Dust this early on. Jubilee is really the only other character I can see being used as a the POV/kid-sister character.