Default The perils of cosplaying on public transport...

So Deadpool got arrested today, while on a busy train in Sydney, Australia...

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/dea...15dd5faf1baf49

All-New Member

I get that it was all fake, but people can't do that anymore. There are too many crazy people out there who might actually have real weapons and put on a costume and then go kill dozens of people. I get why he would want to ride the train like that (because I'm sure as much as people were scared, there were others that really enjoyed it) but society has ruined that one for us and it's just not ok to walk around with fake weapons.

The more important question here is why the hell does everyone and their mom cosplay Deadpool these days?
    "In any time, there will always be a need for heroes." - the Time Trapper, Legion of Superheroes #61(1994)

"What can I say? I guess I outgrew maturity.." - Bob Chipman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper View Post
    I get that it was all fake, but people can't do that anymore. There are too many crazy people out there who might actually have real weapons and put on a costume and then go kill dozens of people. I get why he would want to ride the train like that (because I'm sure as much as people were scared, there were others that really enjoyed it) but society has ruined that one for us and it's just not ok to walk around with fake weapons.
    There is more visual media + the press likes sensation.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AgentCooper View Post
    I agree with this post and it shows how sad things are in real life, but it is a fact of life.

It is for the public safety and really it does make sense authorities are concerned cause they have to take all forms seriously and if you go out in public with any form of what looks like a weapon on you or in hand you indeed put yourself in danger of being arrested and even put on trial for it. In the end, they are just doing their jobs in protecting and watching over citizen's lives.

We have no nonsense cause, if we did not, the next crazy or fanatic might use that as a stealth way to cause harm and death. Sadly it is just how it is and for all cosplayers they have to consider this now when dressing as a character that has real-like looking weapons in any way, manner and/or form.