BANNED

Default A study of Neal Adams contributions in Comics

Neal Adams was one of the first superstar comic artists, breaking barriers by bringing an illustrative style to a variety of title by both National and Marvel. His real breakthrough was in the Brave and the Bold, and a variety of Batman titles, and spinoffs including Manbat and Deadman. He then did work for Marvel, but it was harder for Marvel to adopt Adams to the Marvel house style based on the radically different style of Jack Kirby. Adams was not going to do the Fantastic Four to any success. He did, however, have a run on the X-men

Some Batman
    Last edited by mrbrklyn; 09-29-2018 at 01:15 PM.

BANNED

BANNED

BANNED

An Adam's expertiment in independent publishing - Skateman

Take this in the spirit in which it's intended -- to make this thread a true, respectful tribute to the artist.

You should spell Neal Adams' name correctly in your text.

Hopefully, the mods can edit the title.

Many of those covers are just... Classic!

BANNED

At one time Adams was just doing DC covers...

I am a big fan of the Neal Adams comics originally published in the 60's through the early 80's
    I am not a fan of the Neal Adams D C has been enabling this past decade.
    I can not tolerate his re-inking or his re-coloring and I certainly can not find any good from his writing.
    When both parties are ready to release Neal's work as it originally appeared in comics (with just the slightest tweaking where needed)
    Than I will be very happy to buy it.

But yes............ the original comics and the man himself are both legends and will always have a high place in comic book history.

BANNED

you don't like the new deadman series?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post

An Adam's expertiment in independent publishing - Skateman
    Dumb concept, ugly ass logo but just because it's by Neal Adams did I buy this from the bargain box.

Neal Adams was responsible for the upswing in popularity of the original X-Men series, albeit, too late to save the book from cancellation. However, that, plus the original X-Men reprints, showed that with new direction and ideas, X-Men could be a popular fan title.

So thank you, Neal Adams, cause I loved the New X-Men that emerged 5 years later!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Neal Adams was responsible for the upswing in popularity of the original X-Men series, albeit, too late to save the book from cancellation. However, that, plus the original X-Men reprints, showed that with new direction and ideas, X-Men could be a popular fan title.

So thank you, Neal Adams, cause I loved the New X-Men that emerged 5 years later!

yup yup. They hated him at Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    yup yup. They hated him at Marvel
    I don't know if this is sarcasm or not, but i haven't been able to find any accounts of Marvel not liking Neal Adams in the 60s. How could they love Steranko and not also love what Neal was putting out?

He would have been great on the FF. He even took Thor for a short time when Kirby left and those issues are great.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mormegil View Post
    I don't know if this is sarcasm or not, but i haven't been able to find any accounts of Marvel not liking Neal Adams in the 60s. How could they love Steranko and not also love what Neal was putting out?

He would have been great on the FF. He even took Thor for a short time when Kirby left and those issues are great.

Steranko's style wasn't like Adams. Adams was a stark realist and there is a reason why certain DC stalwarks, like Kane and Adams, while doing memorable works, never made it into the panteon of Marvel artists, like Ditko, Kirby, Steranko, Simonson, Byrne, BWS, SIENKIEWICZ, ARTHUR ADAMS, MIKE PLOOG, JIM LEE, BILL EVERETT, Todd McFarlan and I am sure I am leaving someone out.