Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    You're still avoiding the big point producers don't call the shots Studios do so she'll have no creative control. So what's your point with this?
    The Donner Company is calling the shots, they are providing a service for Fox.
    Fox don’t produce any movies, they contract them out to production companies, that how Hollywood works these days.
    Avi Arad and Fox give Donner that power back in 1994.
    Disney knows about all of Fox’s liabilies before they agreed to buy them.
    Disney not having a problem with this.
    Creative control belongs to the producers, directors and the studio.
    Last edited by Raiders; 10-08-2018 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    The Donner Company is calling the shots, they are providing a service for Fox.
    Fox don’t produce any movies, they contract them out to production companies, that how Hollywood works these days.
    Avi Arad and Fox give Donner that power back in 1994.
    Disney knows about all of Fox’s liabilies before they agreed to buy them.
    Disney not having a problem with this.
    Creative control belongs to the producers, directors and the studio.
    Producers have always been around what are you talking about? They provide a service which they get a big check and residuals for not creative control unless they own the property in which case the Studio is only distributing the film. But Fox has the Film Rights and Disney owns the characters so she has no say period it's up to them and soon Disney since they'll own Fox. Do you understand how Studios even work?

BANNED

Producers have always been around what are you talking about? They provide a service which they get a big check and residuals for not creative control unless they own the property in which case the Studio is only distributing the film. But Fox has the Film Rights and Disney owns the characters so she has no say period it's up to them and soon Disney since they'll own Fox. Do you understand how Studios even work?
    You don’t understand, there is an existing contract, I don’t care who has creative control. Neither you or I know who has creative control, because we don’t know the details of the contract. Details matters.

BANNED

To say a film producer don’t have any creative control is wrong

A producer acts as an executive decision-maker on a television or movie project. As a producer, you would have many duties, but chief among them would be acting as the creative sparkplug and displaying an entrepreneurial spirit that would allow a film, television show, or commercial to be created as quickly and efficiently as possible. As a producer, you would be responsible for making the business- and budget-related decisions of the project. The producer is responsible for shaping the project, from script selection to hiring a director to approving any major changes to the film or television show.

https://learn.org/articles/What_Are_..._Producer.html

To say a film producer don’t have any creative control is wrong

A producer acts as an executive decision-maker on a television or movie project. As a producer, you would have many duties, but chief among them would be acting as the creative sparkplug and displaying an entrepreneurial spirit that would allow a film, television show, or commercial to be created as quickly and efficiently as possible. As a producer, you would be responsible for making the business- and budget-related decisions of the project. The producer is responsible for shaping the project, from script selection to hiring a director to approving any major changes to the film or television show.

https://learn.org/articles/What_Are_..._Producer.html
    They don't have final say unless they own the property.

BANNED

They don't have final say unless they own the property.
    I totally understand that, but it was Marvel(Disney) and Fox(future Disney) that agreed to give Donner this contract.

I totally understand that, but it was Marvel(Disney) and Fox(future Disney) that agreed to give Donner this contract.
    Okay it's known Tom Rothman the former Head of Fox meddled heavily in the making of X-Men Origins Wolverine and X-Men the Last Stand. Are you saying that's a lie and it was LSD's fault? Because either she had creative control or the Studio did so which is it?

BANNED

Okay it's known Tom Rothman the former Head of Fox meddled heavily in the making of X-Men Origins Wolverine and X-Men the Last Stand. Are you saying that's a lie and it was LSD's fault? Because either she had creative control or the Studio did so which is it?
    I never said she has full creative control, I said creative control belongs to the producer, director and the studio.

I never said she has full creative control, I said creative control belongs to the producer, director and the studio.
    All that matters is who has FINAL say on the decisions and that's the properties owner or film rights holder and she's neither.

BANNED

All that matters is who has FINAL say on the decisions and that's the properties owner or film rights holder and she's neither.
    You don’t know who will have final say. You’re assuming she won’t, but you don’t know her relationship Iger or Horn.
    You don’t know the relationship with Horn and Feige. Horn has already went behind Feige’s back when he fired James Gunn with Iger approval.
    She has a good reputation in the industry and she can bring new ideas to the XMen that Fox limited.
    Don’t underestimate her talents, I believe Iger will give her freedom to produce how she want too.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

It just boggles the mind this argument is still going on when it has been proven false over and over. At this point I think Raiders is just trolling us for the fun of it. If not they are the stubbornniest person theses boards have ever seen.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    It just boggles the mind this argument is still going on when it has been proven false over and over. At this point I think Raiders is just trolling us for the fun of it. If not they are the stubbornniest person theses boards have ever seen.
    We are just having a innocent disagreement, don’t make a mountain out of a molehill.
    Neither of us really don’t know what’s going on behind the scene, that doesn’t mean we can’t have a discussion.
    And yes, I am having fun, because I like to discuss interesting subjects, it doesn’t matter if someone agrees or disagrees with me.
    I get on this forum to discuss whatever, that’s what this forum is for.
    Just because you disagree with me, don’t make me stubborn or trolling, it just means you disagree.
    Last edited by Raiders; 10-08-2018 at 10:14 PM.

BANNED

You don’t understand, there is an existing contract, I don’t care who has creative control. Neither you or I know who has creative control, because we don’t know the details of the contract. Details matters.
    The contract says that whenever Fox makes an X-movie, Donner gets to produce it.
    When Fox stops making X-movies, that contract stops doing anything.

BANNED

There is nothing to celebrate here, even though Donner don’t own the rights to XCU, this changes nothing.
    Because in 1994, 20th Century Fox signed a contract with the Donner Company to exclusively produce all X-Men movies and television shows for them. Disney is buying 20C Fox and all it’s liabilities, meaning all contracts of Fox must be honor by Disney.
    Sure there is. You were proven wrong & FINALLY copped to it, like a grown-up would. Right & wrong are not the same thing, in fact the eXact opposite of each other, so change there was indeed.
    Now you've moved the goalposts, for reasons only you know, with more of your own, personal, FAULTY conjecture... and nothing more. So not going down this road again, either provide evidence, or give it a rest. Cause otherwise, it's just more empty words. You're making the claim, thereby the burden of proof lies with you. And based on your recent history of wildly inaccurate allegations, and the presentation of them both old & new, eXpectations are neXt to nil.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 10-09-2018 at 04:16 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    There are some on these who have always been trolling for the fun of it, and it makes me confused that there are so many who insist on helping to ruin threads by giving them attention, and allowing trolls to control the narrative.