Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast

Default What will happen to the X-Men Universe after the merge between Disney and Fox?

Well, considering that Bob Iger said Kevin Feige will control the X-Men in the MCU, and considering some tweets of Jeremy Conrad, we can pretty much say that the X-Men will suffer a reboot to enter the MCU, which means erasing everything, starting over with a new cast and new stories, but what about TV?

My guess is both Legion and The Gifted will be canceled, since Feige probably won't want to waste characters like Polaris and Legion on TV. Considering the fusion is expected to be completed in the first half of 2019, perhaps this series will get one more season to wrap it up and then they will be officially canceled.

There is also the matter of Dark Phoenix, which was postponed again, now to june, and New Mutants, which interestingly was postponed, although only one time, to august, and around this month it's expected that Disney will already have control of all Fox's properties, so maybe Feige will somewhat interfere in this movie if it's not meeting his expectations?

Fox postponing Dark Phoenix again, and now to june, seems like a terrible move. In february, which was the previous month Dark Phoenix was supposed to be released, Dark Phoenix was basically the only big movie to be launched, now in june it will have to compete with Aladdin (to be released on may 24), Toy Story 4 (to be released on june 21), The Secret Life of Pets 2 (to be released on june 7), Godzilla (to be released on may 31) and Charlie's Angels (to be released on june 7).

The Jeremy Conrad's tweets I was talking about:

https://twitter.com/ManaByte/status/1045854536949129216
    https://twitter.com/THR/status/1045390883355590656
    https://twitter.com/billkuchman/stat...86314777088003

BANNED

Television series don't really fall under Feige's jurisdiction, so who knows what'll happen to Legion and Gifted.

The movies are getting a cold, hard, complete reboot though. Not the smallest shred of the Fox-verse will remain. IMO, of course.

I don't have single a clue what's up with unending the Fox delays.

Deadpool will probably go forward with at least a Deadpool 3/X-Force film which will be separate than the MCU but might make some 3rd wall brake about Disney merger.

Dark Phoenix will probably get a theatrical release or could go to streaming New Mutants will IMO go to streaming. Then a hard reboot of the X-Men will cameos in other MCU films first possibly.

Legion and Gifted will probably be safe for at least until any X-Men film hits theaters so they'll be aloud to continue for the next few years building up to syndication numbers before they might be pulled to avoid any confusing with the MCU X-Men films.

Fantastic Member

The movie-verse needs a hard reboot.

the tv shows can continue, i dont see the point in cancelling them, they'll be like the rest of the marvel tv shows and just be there its not like the rest exist in the MCU no matter what they say, until i see Daredevil show up in the avengers movie then he aint a part of the mcu but thats just for me.
    DC: Action Comics, Batman, Batman/Superman, Batman and Robin, Batman Off World, Detective Comics, Flash, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, JG: Flash, JL vs. Godzilla, JSA, Nightwing, Shazam, Superman, Titans, Beast World

Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Fall of the House of X, Fantastic Four, Resurrection of Magneto, Spectacular Spider-Men, Ultimate Spider-Man, WolverineL Madripoor Knights, X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post

the tv shows can continue, i dont see the point in cancelling them, they'll be like the rest of the marvel tv shows and just be there its not like the rest exist in the MCU no matter what they say, until i see Daredevil show up in the avengers movie then he aint a part of the mcu but thats just for me.
    Why would Daredevil be in Avengers? He has no superpowers I mean Luke maybe although he has no interest.

I know it's a one way street but Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Sif, Howard Stark, Dum Dum Dugan, and Agent Carter have all appeared on TV shows so it's safe to say they're in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Television series don't really fall under Feige's jurisdiction, so who knows what'll happen to Legion and Gifted.

The movies are getting a cold, hard, complete reboot though. Not the smallest shred of the Fox-verse will remain. IMO, of course.

I don't have single a clue what's up with unending the Fox delays.
    What Bob Iger said was "I think it only makes sense [for Feige to oversee everything]," Iger said. "I want to be careful here because of what's been communicated to the Fox folks, but I think they know. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels." So, if Feige is responsible for the X-Men as a whole, I think he will have the power to pull the plug on the TV shows. And depending which characters he wants to use on the movies, he will pull the plug.

And about the movies, I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Deadpool will probably go forward with at least a Deadpool 3/X-Force film which will be separate than the MCU but might make some 3rd wall brake about Disney merger.

Dark Phoenix will probably get a theatrical release or could go to streaming New Mutants will IMO go to streaming. Then a hard reboot of the X-Men will cameos in other MCU films first possibly.

Legion and Gifted will probably be safe for at least until any X-Men film hits theaters so they'll be aloud to continue for the next few years building up to syndication numbers before they might be pulled to avoid any confusing with the MCU X-Men films.
    I can see Marvel probably working a little bit on the New Mutants movie, altering it as they see fit, and maybe starting a Marvel Max line. I mean, New Mutants, with the horror theme, is a way to explore the genre of super heroes that has never been done before. That should be interesting for Disney.

About the series, maybe there is a possibility they will go on for a little bit, but I guess everything leads to a cancelation, exactly to avoid confusion with the MCU X-Men movies, as you said.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 09-29-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post

The problem with this is that it limits, even if it's a little, the characters that are available for use in the MCU. If Kevin Feige wants to tell a story involving Polaris or Legion, and with the power he has now, I have no doubt that he can make these shows be canceled.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 09-29-2018 at 03:47 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    What Bob Iger said was "I think it only makes sense [for Feige to oversee everything]," Iger said. "I want to be careful here because of what's been communicated to the Fox folks, but I think they know. It only makes sense for Marvel to be supervised by one entity. There shouldn't be two Marvels." So, if Feige is responsible for the X-Men as a whole, I think he will have the power to pull the plug on the TV shows. And depending which characters he wants to use on the movies, he will pull the plug.
    Eiger was speaking very broadly, not going into detail.
    Feige is head of Marvel Studios. Marvel Studios is a movie studio and doesn't do television.

And there have always been two Marvels for as long as Marvel has had both movies and tv shows. That's not going to change.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The problem with this is that it limits, even if it's a little, the characters that are available for use in the MCU. If Kevin Feige wants to tell a story involving Polaris or Legion, and with the power he has now, I have no doubt that he can make these shows be canceled.
    He doesn't actually. The X-Men TV shows are co-produced by Marvel TV and that makes them Jeph Loeb's domain. Feige will have to work something out with him if he wants to make use of those characters in film.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He doesn't actually. The X-Men TV shows are co-produced by Marvel TV and that makes them Jeph Loeb's domain. Feige will have to work something out with him if he wants to make use of those characters in film.
    I think if Feige wants to use a character he is going to use that character regardless. As a matter of fact I can see Feige wanting to use Polaris in the movies to play up her ties to Magneto since Wand and Pietro are off the table as far as the MCU goes. I am almost 100% sure the TV shows and the new movies will have nothing to do with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    What I'm trying to say is that he has enough power and influence to make this happen, not that he actually directs Marvel TV. Just look how he was able to stop responding to the "creativity committee" that was installed in Marvel Studios and now talks directly to Alan Horn. Look how the Jessica Jones' TV show couldn't use Carol Danvers in the series because she was going to have a movie. As time goes by, one thing gets clearer: if Kevin Feige wants something in the Marvel Universe that belongs to Disney, he gets it. TV screwing up time and time again only reinforces that (terrible Iron Fist Netflix series and lame second season of Jessica Jones, and mainly the Inhumans fiasco, make that claim even stronger). And if Scarlet Witch's and Loki's TV shows are successful on the streaming platform, TV will definitely be subdued to whatever Kevin Feige wants. It's the ultimate test trial that a character can wander between the movies and a series.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 09-29-2018 at 08:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Eiger was speaking very broadly, not going into detail.
    Feige is head of Marvel Studios. Marvel Studios is a movie studio and doesn't do television.

And there have always been two Marvels for as long as Marvel has had both movies and tv shows. That's not going to change.
    Yes, but one can be subdued to another, right? I mean, it's a possibility that Disney will prioritize Feige's ideas. At least before Marvel Studios and Marvel TV used to have a decent interaction, if I can say that. If Marvel TV keeps messing up, at least something will change.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

What I'm trying to say is that he has enough power and influence to make this happen, not that he actually directs Marvel TV. Just look how he was able to stop responding to the "creativity committee" that was installed in Marvel Studios and now talks directly to Alan Horn. Look how the Jessica Jones' TV show couldn't use Carol Danvers in the series because she was going to have a movie. As time goes by, one thing gets clearer: if Kevin Feige wants something in the Marvel Universe that belongs to Disney, he gets it. TV screwing up time and time again only reinforces that (terrible Iron Fist Netflix series and lame second season of Jessica Jones, and mainly the Inhumans fiasco, make that claim even stronger). And if Scarlet Witch's and Loki's TV shows are successful on the streaming platform, TV will definitely be subdued to whatever Kevin Feige wants. It's the ultimate test trial that a character can wander between the movies and a series.
    Marvel TV only has one true failure and that's Inhumans. While Iron Fist is heavily panned it was still successful. It has enough hits than misses that I don't see them getting snubbed entirely. I get that the two divisions don't get along but I don't see it getting to point where they will step on each other's toes.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

We have to remember Feige praised Singer over X-Men : Days of Future Past and what he did there. I sense that Fiege will approach things with a way of , ok no way can we make sense outta the whole insane timeline reboot Fox did . But we can move forward and see what is next. Doing a reboot slows things down because we have to reintroduce mutants and that element into the Marvel film universe . (And given that they plan to introduce the Eternals....well...)

I get that they'll likely approach Lawrence , Mcavoy , and Fassbender. The rest of the roles will get recast and they go with possibly other X-Men perhaps.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

The current X-Men franchise becomes the Exiles franchise. I know that an Exiles show was pitched.