Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
    BANNED

TV is all about ratings, not quality
    Same for cinema, it’s all about b/o, not quality

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    They need to do a lot of world-building in their non-X films before they can even think about an X-Men film. FF of course they can just shove in wherever.
    Right. What would be the extent of the world building do you think? So instead of being as simple as whatever happens in A4 can bleed into an X film directly after, you think there needs to be multiple films of sightings and anomolies all culminating into a film?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    Right. What would be the extent of the world building do you think? So instead of being as simple as whatever happens in A4 can bleed into an X film directly after, you think there needs to be multiple films of sightings and anomolies all culminating into a film?
    I don't envy Marvel for the job they have to do integrating X-Men into the MCU. What exactly do they bring to the table now? Fear of Mutants has a difficult road to success. In MCU, when the public already has Hulk, Thanos and many other high powered threats, being a mutant seems like a minor distraction.

What exactly it that distinguishes mutants as a thing apart from spider-man, Captain America, and all the other dozens of super powered individuals?

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    I don't envy Marvel for the job they have to do integrating X-Men into the MCU. What exactly do they bring to the table now? Fear of Mutants has a difficult road to success. In MCU, when the public already has Hulk, Thanos and many other high powered threats, being a mutant seems like a minor distraction.

What exactly it that distinguishes mutants as a thing apart from spider-man, Captain America, and all the other dozens of super powered individuals?
    Civil War showed the public weren't for unregulated super-powered people what happens if a new minority group pops up and they are specifically super powered people?

BANNED

It’s going to be a slow integration starting in 2020 and completed in about 2024.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Civil War showed the public weren't for unregulated super-powered people what happens if a new minority group pops up and they are specifically super powered people?
    Exactly. How you make that fresh and interesting in the existing continuity is an incredible challenge for them. It just screams "rehash"

X-Men, in this reality, are not a new minority in any rational sense. They are an expansion of an existing minority that's already told the classic X-Men themes to a large degree.
    Last edited by AJBopp; 10-13-2018 at 11:35 AM.

I felt the exact same worry when they said they were bringing Spidey over. I was happy, but nevermind story elements such as Uncle Ben and Aunt May, MJ and Flash interactions. I thought the visuals alone wouldn't be different enough to not feel like a re-hash; such as swinging acrobatics, the suit design, spider-sense, the quiping. But they managed to make it all fresh and differeniate it from the other iterations.

I have a few small ideas the MCU can incoportate that the past iterartions haven't.

1. Color. Not just the suits and better design choices, but the settings and how it's filmed.

2. Show power signatures for most, if not all mutants; even the psychic ones. They can really look back at their comics catalogues in how powers were drawn and see how they can implement some of those cool, colorful designs, and textures into CG.

3. Have better action choreographer's/storyboard artist; which they usally do.

4. The overall tone should be a better balance of fear/suspense as well as fun character interactions and humor from the mundane. Fun is something the Fox-Men seldom had, if at all. Maybe more chill slice of life moments, because these movies move pretty fast.

5. We haven't seen too much hero to human interaction in these Marvel movies or the civilian perspective so they can play with that as well.

So visually I know they got that covered, story-wise, like you, I am concerned but not as much. Because In the context of the MCU the pool of powered beings are very small, so when these people start sprouting out of the blue it can create a slight shift on how people adjust to that. Plus there are other elements in the Fox universe that were just glazed over for a cheap emotional response that they can flesh out more here. *shrugs* that's all I got, subtlties that can maybe lead to an experience that is different or differerent enough.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Exactly. How you make that fresh and interesting in the existing continuity is an incredible challenge for them. It just screams "rehash"

X-Men, in this reality, are not a new minority in any rational sense. They are an expansion of an existing minority that's already told the classic X-Men themes to a large degree.
    How about putting less of an emphasis on it?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    How about putting less of an emphasis on it?
    I agree, seems to me there is too much over thinking

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

One of the things the FoX-Men movies never really did was show what it’d be like to have one’s entire life changed by waking up one day with some incredible power without the slightest idea how to control it. It would allow them to build everything mutant related from the ground up so that it can fit into the established MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    One of the things the FoX-Men movies never really did was show what it’d be like to have one’s entire life changed by waking up one day with some incredible power without the slightest idea how to control it. It would allow them to build everything mutant related from the ground up so that it can fit into the established MCU.
    I remember the very first X-Men movie dealing with that with Rogue.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I remember the very first X-Men movie dealing with that with Rogue.
    Eh I felt like that was more of a subplot and there was still a lot they could’ve dond with it.

The only thing that seems like a rehash to the mutant situation is the fact the MCU did Inhumans but that was only on AoS and most movie goers didn't watch that outside of that there are only about a few Superhumans people know from the films and we've never seen the world's reactions to a new minority on the big screen before. The comics and most animated shows treated mutants as a already existing thing when the X-Men are introduced same for the original Fox Films the reboots since first class showed government reaction but very little of the publics. The only one to ever really explored the idea of Holy Crap mutants exist was X-Men Evolution and I'd love to see that on the big screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    The only thing that seems like a rehash to the mutant situation is the fact the MCU did Inhumans but that was only on AoS and most movie goers didn't watch that outside of that there are only about a few Superhumans people know from the films and we've never seen the world's reactions to a new minority on the big screen before. The comics and most animated shows treated mutants as a already existing thing when the X-Men are introduced same for the original Fox Films the reboots since first class showed government reaction but very little of the publics. The only one to ever really explored the idea of Holy Crap mutants exist was X-Men Evolution and I'd love to see that on the big screen.
    Though with X-Men: Evolution mutants were the only people with superpowers. People in the MCU know about gods, aliens, sorcerers and other superpowered beings. So I doubt they would react with amazement towards mutants like in Evolution.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-13-2018 at 03:21 PM.

BANNED

I’m in the minority here, I personally don’t want the X-Men to become part of the MCU. But I know eventually it’s going to happen.

The X-Men franchise is dark with a constant civil war and it addresses the issues of discrimination, diversity and acceptance.
    The MCU is more lighthearted and dumb fun (I mean that in a good way).

I want to keep them separate, I don’t want either to lose their identity. But I wouldn’t mind cameos or after credits scenes.
    Turning the X-Men into a lighthearted franchise would be a disaster.