Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 131920212223
    Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    No homosexuality is dark, the point is XCU is more daring to things that the MCU is afraid to do.
    Try saying that out loud and see how that sounds.

BANNED

I already edited

BANNED

Homosexuality is not dark, the point is XCU is more daring to things that the MCU is afraid to do.
    But my bad, I should have explained my point better.
    This is correct and edited statement

Astonishing Member

Homosexuality is not dark, the point is XCU is more daring to things that the MCU is afraid to do.
    But my bad, I should have explained my point better.
    At what cost? We still have yet to see a comics faithful version of many X characters. Hugh Jackman's Wolverine and all versions of Mystique have taken spotlight from the rest of the X-Men. We never got a good Rogue, never saw a real representation of Cyclops as team leader. Storm hasn't been written well ever in these films.

I would love X-Men in the mcu SPECIFICALLY for good faithful well written character upgrades for our mutants. The only ones to get real focus were Wolverine, Jean, Professor. That isn't enough by miles for as many Xmovies as we have seen.

Fantastic Member

I think the X-Men universe should be rebooted, but remain separate from the current MCU.

It would be great to see Wolverine fight the Hulk, but it has never made any sense to me that the Avengers and the FF are adored while the X-men are loathed. I don't think the average person would stop to make a distinction between mutants and other supers who gained their powers through other means. Besides, who would worry you more: Nightcrawler or Thor? Personally, I'd be much more anxious about what a guy like Thor was going to do next. So, there ought to be two different universes in which supers are viewed in two different ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelman View Post
    I think the X-Men universe should be rebooted, but remain separate from the current MCU.

It would be great to see Wolverine fight the Hulk, but it has never made any sense to me that the Avengers and the FF are adored while the X-men are loathed. I don't think the average person would stop to make a distinction between mutants and other supers who gained their powers through other means. Besides, who would worry you more: Nightcrawler or Thor? Personally, I'd be much more anxious about what a guy like Thor was going to do next. So, there ought to be two different universes in which supers are viewed in two different ways.
    I always felt the fear came from mutants can be anyone and feel like humanities replacements.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I always felt the fear came from mutants can be anyone and feel like humanities replacements.
    Doesn't make a lot of sense, in the comics at least, when most people don't know who the heroes are or where their powers came from. Then you actually have cases where someone like Spiderman actually does turn into a spider creature on occasion. How does John Q Public know who's a mutant and who's not so they know who to hate and fear?

And how in the world do you translate all that to the screen?

I won't be a bit surprised if Marvel creates an entirely new vision for the X franchise. It's not like the old one did gang busters by Marvel standards.

Well, the simple answer to the reason why the mutants are hated by society would be because writers want it that way, since they're supposed to be representation of marginalized groups in real life, but, honestly, I think the mutants are seen as a threat, while the Avengers and FF aren't, at least not in the same way, because they have this group mentality and this sense of identity, and they organize themselves around that. The Avengers don't care if you got your powers because a spider bit you or because you had your DNA merged with the DNA of a Kree, they only care if you're a hero, and that's a way broader term than being a mutant. The X-Men, on the other hand, look like a quite restricted club. There is also this thing about mutants being the next step of evolution and yada yada. Anyway, my guess is that at least a significant part to why the mutants are hated is because they tend to isolate themselves, creating teams of their own, living in a school of their own, and isolation tends to create questioning, and everything that humanity doesn't know, humanity fears and, normally, attacks.

Inhumans are in kind of a similar situation as the mutants, in terms of DNA modification and super powers, and basically being their own species, but they don't seem to have half of the "humanity hates us" issues as the mutants have, and I believe that is partially because inhumans tend to blend more into other groups and because some of the biggest inhumans characters we have, like Kamala, don't exclude themselves of being humans and being part of humankind even though they are inhumans (so they don't reiterate that us versus them thing, at least not as intense as the mutants do).
    Last edited by Tantalus; 10-15-2018 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AJBopp View Post
    Doesn't make a lot of sense, in the comics at least, when most people don't know who the heroes are or where their powers came from. Then you actually have cases where someone like Spiderman actually does turn into a spider creature on occasion. How does John Q Public know who's a mutant and who's not so they know who to hate and fear?

And how in the world do you translate all that to the screen?

I won't be a bit surprised if Marvel creates an entirely new vision for the X franchise. It's not like the old one did gang busters by Marvel standards.
    Most heroes are either public like the Avengers or FF and people know they're not mutants or they're like Spider-Man who isn't trusted.

To be blunt Deadpool got it right when he pointed out that the X-mens metaphor is dated and worthless. Trying to move it to be about being Gay or Muslim is even worse.

BANNED

Yes, they should stay separate. With the main XMen there’s a timeline issue. However with Deadpool, Gambit, and Multiple Man I can see a same universe.
    But it seems like the the XCU and MCU Phase 4 is moving away from universes and crossovers to more standalone movies. Crossovers or superhero teams movies cost to much money, because all the actors they have to pay. With standalone movies there is less top actors on the payroll.
    Last edited by Raiders; 10-16-2018 at 10:27 AM.

The thing is that, for the most of it, the X-Men will stay separated from the Avengers and the rest of the MCU, just like the Guardians of the Galaxy were, having their own stories. They will probably only interact with the Avengers in huge crossovers, like what happened in IW, and punctual participations on both sides (like the Falcon in the Ant Man movie), so I believe there is no reason to fear their integration to the MCU. The X-Men will have their own plots, and actually the lack of solos movies of the X-Men members helps to avoid this “MCU collaborations” with outside characters of the team, since it’s usually in solo movies that this happens (like Thor Ragnarok (Hulk/Thor collab), Captain America Winter Soldier (Captain America/Black Widow collab) and Spider-Man Homecoming (Spider-Man/Iron Man collab)). If Marvel restricts the interactions of the Avengers with the X-Men, in movies that aren’t crossovers, to something similar to Doctor Strange in Thor Ragnarok and the Falcon in Ant Man, I think everything will be fine and balanced.

BANNED

What will be the name of the company after the merger.
    Technically, it’s a merger, not a buyout.
    So, I’m thinking a new name: 21st Century Disney