Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sain View Post
    ooh, I am in a very small camp (population: 1) that doesn't want Jackman back. I appreciate all he's done but burn it all. Believe it or not, we can find someone better..and shorter. lol
    Please not Tom Cruise.
    Please not Tom Cruise.
    Please not Tom Cruise.

For the main X-men films i see it going the hard reboot direction as they probably want to use them in the MCU.

Dark phoniex is probably gonna be the swan song for the fox-verse. I could see NM, gambit and multiple man being rewritten and put in the mcu. Or they could be stuck in development hell or NM might be launched on the streaming service.

X-force might be its own thing or maybe a sequel will put it in the mcu (but nobody except deadpool knows).

The tv shows are anyone's guess. Odds are they are ignored and the mcu just makes its own version like what it did with SW and Quicksilver.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 10-01-2018 at 09:08 AM.

Well, since the fusion is expected to be completed in the first half of 2019, and the New Mutants movie will be released in august, I think if Kevin Feige wants he will be able to alter the movie as he likes.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    Well, since the fusion is expected to be completed in the first half of 2019, and the New Mutants movie will be released in august, I think if Kevin Feige wants he will be able to alter the movie as he likes.
    I heard they have to review the X-Men rights contract first and cancel before going back to Marvel.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-01-2018 at 02:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    I heard they have to review the X-Men rights contract first and cancel before going back to Marvel.
    This matters so that the X-Men can be included in the MCU, but I don’t think it’s necessary for Feige to be able to alter a movie produced by Fox, since Disney will already own Fox.

BANNED

It’s a legal question, 21st Century Fox isn’t the only company that owns the rights to the X-Men.
    This might make it difficult to have a clear merger with the MCU.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-17-2019 at 08:54 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    It’s a legal question, 21st Century Fox isn’t the only company that owns the rights to the X-Men.
    The Donner Company and Kingberg Genre Productions also has ownership rights of the XMen.
    I don't think any of this is actually correct.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

The Donner Company and Kingberg Genre Productions also has ownership rights of the XMen.
    This might make it difficult to have a clear merger with the MCU.
    Citation needed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    I don't think any of this is actually correct.
    Unfortunately, it’s correct.
    Marvel Entertainment licencesd XMen Charactors to Fox, then Fox licenced the characters to Donner and Kingberg to produce all films.
    Fox will finance the production, promote and distribute the films.

The big question now is, what happens to the Fox, Donner and Kingberg deal?
    Disney will have to honor this deal or they can buy off Donner and Kingberg.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Marvel Entertainment licencesd XMen Charactors to Fox, then Fox licenced the characters to Donner and Kingberg to produce all films.
    Fox will finance the production, promote and distribute the films.

The big question now is, what happens to the Fox, Donner and Kingberg deal?
    Disney will have to honor this deal or they can buy off Donner and Kingberg.
    I think the Fox deals becomes null and void when Disney takes over since Fox basically will not exist anymore. Disney will not have to honor anything nor should they since those are not deals they themselves made.

BANNED

Fox isn't allowed to do that.
    And it's not Kingberg.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I think the Fox deals becomes null and void when Disney takes over since Fox basically will not exist anymore. Disney will not have to honor anything nor should they since those are not deals they themselves made.
    Depends... Lucasfilm, Marvel Studios, Pixar... didn't stop existing when Disney took them over, and I think 20th Century Fox will be just fine as a film studio that is mostly independent from Disney. Whether they'll have to give back the Marvel rights or if we'll be seeing a bunch of Fox/Marvel Studios co-productions time will tell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Disney has to honor any deals or contracts Fox has signed. This includes production contracts, union contracts, etc.
    Disney is buying everything, contracts, debt, personnel agreements, everything.
    Donner and Kingberg are not own by Fox, so the deal can’t be null and void. Disney will have to buy them buy out of the contract, but that only if Donner and Kingberg agree to be bought out.

I don’t see any problems here, Fox has made plenty of deals that Disney already know about.
    Last edited by Raiders; 10-02-2018 at 06:16 PM.

This is what I could find:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Marvel/comm...ls_characters/
    https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2017/...man-took-over/

"By the mid-90s, after a deal with Columbia Pictures fell through, the rights were picked up by Lauren Schuler Donner (St. Elmo’s Fire, Pretty in Pink) following the successful animated spin-off of the comic series, who took the project to 20th Century Fox."

But then, again, there are some places that say that 20th Century Fox and Laura Schuler Donner bought the rights, like both of them apparently together (?) bought the rights. And then, the majority of places say that 20th Century Fox bought the rights. I'm lost.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Donner wants the X-Men in the MCU and wants to work with Kevin Feige again. So it doesn’t really matter.
    Last edited by Divine Spark; 10-03-2018 at 11:42 AM.