Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalus View Post
    People here claiming that the X-Men movies have been decent completely forget that Apocalypse, Wolverine Origins and Wolverine Immortal ever happened. X3 is up for discussion.
    I think all the films have some good scenes

Wolverine Origins had a fantastic opening and was descent outside of dodgy CGI claws until the 3rd act.
    Last Stand had a great Magneto scenes about Ink never touching him with the Morlocks and I loved Beast.
    The Wolverine was ok until Mecha Silver Samurai.

My biggest issue is their unwillingness to explore characters not named Wolverine, Charles, Magneto, and Mystique and to not pull the trigger and embrace it's a comic book movie and go full out there.

BANNED

From the little that I could find that actually involved LSD and the X-Men rights, this is the only thing that makes sense and the only way she could be involved with the X-Men rights. She helped Fox secure the rights, and some people interpreted it wrongly and thought that she acquired the rights herself, which is absurd.
    Yes she helped to secure the right, then Fox give her the right too produce and oversee the movies for them.
    This is how Hollywood works. The big studios are only financiers and distributors.
    In the early 90’s Marvel sold the XMen movie and TV rights to Fox, Fox give these rights to Donner to produce movies and TV shows for them.
    I know you guys dont like this, but that’s what happened.
    Marvel shouldn’t have never give up those rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders View Post
    Yes she helped to secure the right, then Fox give her the right too produce and oversee the movies for them.
    This is how Hollywood works. The big studios are only financiers and distributors.
    In the early 90’s Marvel sold the XMen movie and TV rights to Fox, Fox give these rights to Donner to produce movies and TV shows for them.
    Can Fox even do this? I mean, give the rights of something that doesn't actually belong to them to someone else?

Oh man, where is Carabas to save us from this madness of a discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I think all the films have some good scenes

Wolverine Origins had a fantastic opening and was descent outside of dodgy CGI claws until the 3rd act.
    Last Stand had a great Magneto scenes about Ink never touching him with the Morlocks and I loved Beast.
    The Wolverine was ok until Mecha Silver Samurai.

My biggest issue is their unwillingness to explore characters not named Wolverine, Charles, Magneto, and Mystique and to not pull the trigger and embrace it's a comic book movie and go full out there.
    Marvel Studios is already forced to explore other characters because of the overexposure of the characters you mentioned, so at least you won't have to worry about that.
    Last edited by Tantalus; 10-04-2018 at 02:59 PM.

BANNED

Can Fox even do this? I mean, give the rights of something that doesn't actually belong to them to someone else?
    Yes, once Marvel give up the rights, Fox had the right to do anything.

Yes, once Marvel give up the rights, Fox had the right to do anything.
    Fox and no Studio would never give the rights to any intellectual property to anyone when said person could then leave with them. Seriously its one thing to say she always had the rights which wrong but at least a probably theory but this theory of Fox giving the rights doesn't makes sense from a logic stand point let alone a business one.

BANNED

Fox and no Studio would never give the rights to any intellectual property to anyone when said person could then leave with them. Seriously its one thing to say she always had the rights which wrong but at least a probably theory but this theory of Fox giving the rights doesn't makes sense from a logic stand point let alone a business one.
    Fox don’t own the IP to Planets of the Ape, Kingsman, Avatar etc...
    Sony don’t own the IP to James Bond, Ghostbusters etc..
    Paramount don’t own the IP to Transformers, G.I. Joe....
    This how today’s Hollywood

“Sure, why not?” said Shuler Donner. “Look, it’s 18 months away, so who knows. For me, I think Bob Iger is one of the smartest men in the country. Alan Horn’s an old friend. Kevin Feige was my intern and assistant and then my associate producer on the first ‘X-Men.’ Kevin and I started the ‘X-Men’ together, so for me if we work with Kevin, I’m happy.”
    Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...KGVGMIVde6K.99
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-17-2019 at 09:02 PM.

Fox don’t own the IP to Planets of the Ape, Kingsman, Avatar etc...
    Sony don’t own the IP to James Bond, Ghostbusters etc..
    Paramount don’t own the IP to Transformers, G.I. Joe....
    This how today’s Hollywood works.

What’s the big deal anyway. Donner says she would be happy working with Feige:

“Sure, why not?” said Shuler Donner. “Look, it’s 18 months away, so who knows. For me, I think Bob Iger is one of the smartest men in the country. Alan Horn’s an old friend. Kevin Feige was my intern and assistant and then my associate producer on the first ‘X-Men.’ Kevin and I started the ‘X-Men’ together, so for me if we work with Kevin, I’m happy.”
    Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/new...KGVGMIVde6K.99
    FILM RIGHTS they own the Film Rights until contracts run out with the Intellectual Property Owner. Sony owns the Film Rights to Spider-Man but Disney owns Spider-Man as a characters and all other rights. LSD never owned the Film Rights to X-Men she was the "middle man" to secure them for Fox.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Fox never had the TV rights. They couldn't get any of their X-Men TV shows off the ground without negotiating with Marvel. Legion and The Gifted are co-productions with Marvel TV for that reason

BANNED

FILM RIGHTS they own the Film Rights until contracts run out with the Intellectual Property Owner. Sony owns the Film Rights to Spider-Man but Disney owns Spider-Man as a characters and all other rights. LSD never owned the Film Rights to X-Men she was the "middle man" to secure them for Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Fox never had the TV rights. They couldn't get any of their X-Men TV shows off the ground without negotiating with Marvel. Legion and The Gifted are co-productions with Marvel TV for that reason
    She has the rights to produce the x movie
    Marvel TV is ran by Marvel Entertainment, not Marvel Studios, big different.
    Kevin Feige is only over the MCU, not any TV series.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-17-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

She owns the of the XMen characters

She owns the rights to the characters.
    Marvel TV is ran by Marvel Entertainment, not Marvel Studios, big different.
    Kevin Feige is only over the MCU, not any the TV series.
    I mentioned nothing of Marvel Studios. Also, she owns nothing. She was a middle man. Middle men don't get to own rights. Following your logic Bonnie Booth must own the Spider-Man video game rights because she was the one who brokered the deal between Insomniac Games and Marvel.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I mentioned nothing of Marvel Studios. Also, she owns nothing. She was a middle man. Middle men don't get to own rights. Following your logic Bonnie Booth must own the Spider-Man video game rights because she was the one who brokered the deal between Insomniac Games and Marvel.
    When you mention Marvel, which Marvel are you talking about? Marvel Entertainment or Marvel Studios.
    Donner was the middle man and separately got rights to produce.
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-17-2019 at 08:58 PM.

When you mention Marvel, which Marvel are you talking about? Marvel Entertainment or Marvel Studios.
    Donner was the middle man and separately got ownership of the characters.
    Number One: Disney owns Marvel period Studios and Entertainment.

Number Two: Thus Disney OWNS all Marvel Characters film rights are a different subject so you're even getting the basics wrong.

Number Three: LSD's got ownership of nothing she secured the deal for Fox who got ownership.

BANNED

Number One: Disney owns Marvel period Studios and Entertainment.

Number Two: Thus Disney OWNS all Marvel Characters film rights are a different subject so you're even getting the basics wrong.

Number Three: LSD's got ownership of nothing she secured the deal for Fox who got ownership.
    Number One: True, but ME and MS are now two separate entities

Number Two: Disney doesn’t own all of Marvel characters for movies and TV rights.

Number Three: After she helped to secure the deal, Fox signs contract with her to produce all XMen movies
    Last edited by Raiders; 01-17-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Number One: True, but ME and MS are now two separate entities

Number Two: Disney doesn’t own all of Marvel characters for movies and TV rights.

Number Three: After she helped to secure the deal, Fox sold her the character’s rights.
    Number One: They are separate entities under Disney the parent company.

Number Two: They own all the character a another studio having the film rights doesn't mean they don't own characters. Also they own all the TV rights to all characters it's why Fox couldn't do X-Men TV shows without a deal from Marvel even Sony sold the Spider-Man TV rights back to Marvel it's why Marvel canceled Spectacular Spider-Man Sony owned a part of that show.

Number Three: No Studio on Earth would buy the Film Rights to something just to give part of it away seriously this doesn't even pass a logic test.

BANNED

... Donner was the middle man and separately got ownership of the characters.
    ... After she helped to secure the deal, Fox sold her the character’s rights.

I've never heard this before. What evidence are you citing, to support such a wild, erroneous claim?