Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you reread?

Default Do you reread?

Do you reread the comics you like?
    Last edited by chongjasmine; 10-03-2018 at 04:57 AM.

Very rarely. Which is, among other things, why i really, really slowed down on buying those stuff.

BANNED

I reread more old comics than that I buy new ones.

Occasionally, when I have the the time or I'm in the mood. Same with books, webcomics, and rewatching videos.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Yes I do. Not everything, obviously, but I've read some of my favorites multiple times. I've read Watchmen about three times, I re-read the entire JSA run (from the start to Black Reign) once every couple of years. I think I read The Long Halloween twice on a flight the first time after I bought it.

To me, even though I'm really enjoying the comics I'm pulling right now, it just doesn't feel like they have the same re-read value as some of the books I've loved in the past. I guess we'll see further on up the road.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

I've read several whole runs of comics more than once. If they are worth reading again I definitely will. Though lately I haven't done much rereading or reading in general due to concentration problems unfortunately.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 09-30-2018 at 06:31 PM.

Always. I love rereading each and every comic I've gathered throughout the years.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsubou View Post
    I reread mostly manga especially drawn by Naoshi Onizuka, Asami Sekiya, Itou Ei, Okada Kou, Ueda Yuu, NOISE, Cuvie, Ryo Yanagawa, Mizui Kaou and Sumiya
    For some reason i tend to re-read manga way more than i do comics.

Not really sure why but here you go.

Favourite comic runs far more often than prose...I usually make a point of re-reading a favourite long run at some point of winter. (e.g. Read John Ostrander's Suicide Squad three times, and will undoubtedly read again.)

For some reason...my memory for comics is worse than for prose...and also I tend to notice a substantial number of things on re-read of a comic that I didn't notice on first read. Again...that (noticing a lot of extra detail on re-read)...doesn't happen to same extent with prose novels.

Generally only when I'm on holiday. I usually take along some old classics to read through. The rest of the time, I'm struggling to make my massive about of unread comics shrink faster than it grows.

Yes. I do like to re-read past runs of comics. As a general rule, I try to have one re-read going on at any given time along side the current comics that I'm picking up.

I've gotten out of the habit over the past year; due my collection being in a storage unit. Hopefully I'll be able to resume re-reading again in January when the collection back inside the house; where it's accessible again.

The whole re-read concept is actually one of the filters that I use for determining whether I drop or keep a title. I'm continually asking myself if what I'm reading is enjoyable enough to imagine re-reading it in the future. If the answer is "no", then that's when I typically stop picking up a title.
    Pull List: The Black Hammer, Bitch Planet, Copperhead, Hellboy/BPRD, Monstress, Ms. Marvel, Southern Cross

Twitter: @JavasaurusRex

Yes, I do like to re-read. Sometimes I find myself in the mood to read old X-Men stuff by Claremont, sometimes I want to revisit something that came out more recently like the Superman Rebirth stuff. Every now and then a book wil reference an earlier tale and I will dive back into the older stuff to refresh myself on whatever it being referenced.[/COLOR][/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Javasaurus View Post
    As a general rule, I try to have one re-read going on at any given time along side the current comics that I'm picking up.
    I do this too!!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Sometimes. Only if I have time for it.

I tend to reread more than I read new stuffs.

Yes, but it mostly includes a recent purchase of say an Omnibus/HC/Essential kind of thing. New comics is 100% once & dump like toilet paper.