Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do you reread?

Mighty Member

Not at all. I just read and move on.
    Imagine being proud to have negative traits. I can’t relate.

DC: Justice League, The Flash, Justice League Dark, Superman, Action Comics, Green Arrow, Justice League Odyssey, The Terrifics, Teen Titans, Titans, Brimstone, Female Furies, Damage, Heroes In Crisis

Marvel: The Punisher, Cosmic Ghost Rider, Venom, X-23, Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones, Sentry

Indies: Unnatural, Jeepers Creepers, Project Superpowers, Black Hammer, Ninja-K

Boisterously Confused

I've been reading a lot of both DC and Marvel in an attempt to follow several titles from 1961 up to the late 1980s. Aside from rereading, I trying to pay attention to how the whole medium evolved at each company by looking at a range of titles from both, month by month.

I've also started rereading the various Astro City titles in order, now that the series has canceled as a regular monthly. I miss it already.

Incredible Member

Of course. Especially mini-series (I've reread Spanner's Galaxy, Cinder & Ashe, Camelot 300 about a dozen times) but I'll go over single issues or story arcs from time to time. Usually when I'm re-organizing my collection (which is why it takes a couple of days to finish, I'm always stopping to read a few issues).

A few weeks ago I finished rereading my entire Crossgen collection. Shame it was lifespan was cut short. Was looking forward to its company-spanning cross-over.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    Do you reread the comics you like?
    until the pages wear out.

I reread stuff I've really enjoyed in the past. Mainly TPBs and hardcovers though. I only tend to reread single issues to refresh my memory if I'm reading the next issue and it's been a while since I've read the previous issue.
    Pull List: Daredevil, Radiant Black, Rogue Sun, No One, Time Before Time

“We never lose our demons. We only learn to live above them"

I used to reread often before I upped my collection to thousands of comics, now I'm the point where it is more difficult to reread so I stopped collecting.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

All-New Member

Of course.

Hell yeah I do. these things cost money; I'm gonna get my full value out of them!

Also because I forget stories easily, so it's good to go back to stuff. And if it's been long enough, I've forgotten everything, so it's like reading it for the first time all over again.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

I've reread some of the older books dozens of times by now. I'll usually reread the newer ones once or twice before moving on.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I occasionally read a book or a comic that I'd previously enjoyed in the past yes.

Quote Originally Posted by hishandmaiden View Post
    Do you reread the comics you like?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    until the pages wear out.
    Absolutely!
    LOL all my old comics are dog-eared.
    Although not so much the new stuff.
    That last time I totally ruined a 'new" off-the-stand issues by actually rereading them so much, was probably Darwyn Cooke's New Frontier.
    Actually had the opportunity to have him sign the first one (which i braught knowing he'd be there), and he laughed cause the cover was tearing off, like it was some old 40's-50's comic.
    ...He was like- seriously?
    Last edited by Güicho; 04-24-2019 at 08:04 AM.