Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Default Superior Octopus #1 preview

http://www.superherohype.com/comics/...ssion#/slide/1

I wonder if it will touch on his return to being the Superior Spider-man?

Fantastic Member MarkRodriguez09's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    http://www.superherohype.com/comics/...ssion#/slide/1

I wonder if it will touch on his return to being the Superior Spider-man?
    LOL I love it. I love how even when Ock wants to be a good guy he still can't shake some of those classic supervillain tropes, in this case, enlisting henchmen. Dock Ock is such the classic black and white mustache twirling villain mad scientist that the whole Superior Spider-Man plot wouldn't have worked out better with any other villain.
    Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
    I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Man, Doc Ock just makes you want to punch him in the face .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Man, Doc Ock just makes you want to punch him in the face .
    Indeed, I simply adore caustic Otto. He is the anti-hero you love to hate.

I just wish they would keep him as Superior Octopus (I greatly prefer the look and more unique tech), but oh well..
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

Great preview.
    Never heard of the Digger but the Brothers Grimm being in the preview is way cool.For some reason the Brothers Grimm never apeared much in the stories,but i think they can be cool villains.
    And i think the start of the story is quite intriguing.This looks like will be a cool comic book.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Great preview.
    Never heard of the Digger but the Brothers Grimm being in the preview is way cool.For some reason the Brothers Grimm never apeared much in the stories,but i think they can be cool villains.
    And i think the start of the story is quite intriguing.This looks like will be a cool comic book.
    If I recall right, Digger is from a Spider-Man story back in the early 2000s during the JMS era. Might've been in Amazing, might've been in one of the "side comics" concurrently published with Amazing, but that's where he came from, more or less.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    If I recall right, Digger is from a Spider-Man story back in the early 2000s during the JMS era. Might've been in Amazing, might've been in one of the "side comics" concurrently published with Amazing, but that's where he came from, more or less.
    Thank you for the info.
    Now that you mention it i remember there was a villain in the JMS era that was called Digger.
    I will have to re-read the JMS era in Amazing Spider-Man again.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Thank you for the info.
    Now that you mention it i remember there was a villain in the JMS era that was called Digger.
    I will have to re-read the JMS era in Amazing Spider-Man again.
    You're welcome. It's a pretty good era to revisit, barring some of the stuff that happened in the latter portion of it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    You're welcome. It's a pretty good era to revisit, barring some of the stuff that happened in the latter portion of it.
    I have mixed feelings about the JMS era.
    The stories and dialogs were really well writen.Peter Parker and Mary Jane were writen as a really interesting couple to read about but the Totem mystical conections to the Spider-Man origin or the stories just having new villains was disapointing to me.
    Either way it have been to long since i read the JMS era in ASM and i will be re-Reading the stories again.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Indeed, I simply adore caustic Otto. He is the anti-hero you love to hate.
    Totally agree. I enjoyed Slott's over the top voice for Otto, but Yost and Gage both capture the egomania of Otto while still keeping his dialogue realistic, which is probably better for an ongoing solo.

Otto's personality plus the use of some fun, obscure villains make this a likely buy for me as a monthly.

-Pav, who is also excited about the upcoming Shatterstar and Sleepwalker minis...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

BANNED

So stoked for this one-shot and the ongoing to follow. Love that Ock's bizarre career as a superhero isn't over yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Totally agree. I enjoyed Slott's over the top voice for Otto, but Yost and Gage both capture the egomania of Otto while still keeping his dialogue realistic, which is probably better for an ongoing solo.
    Good description. I've always felt Christopher Yost wrote Superior Spider-Man better than anybody.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    So stoked for this one-shot and the ongoing to follow. Love that Ock's bizarre career as a superhero isn't over yet.
    Same here. Big fan of the Superior Spider-Man. My Funko Pop of the character is sat opposite me.

it's not a deal breaker. but I wish that someone like Ramos was doing the art chores on this one. the art isn't grabbing me. and the Night Shift could really use a visual update.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    it's not a deal breaker. but I wish that someone like Ramos was doing the art chores on this one. the art isn't grabbing me. and the Night Shift could really use a visual update.
    If Spock is popular enough then I suppose they will make him a clone while the real Otto was hiding out and cooking up a master plan.