Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

this issue doesnt explain why he goes back to his Superior Spider title but does lay some groundwork. Im just waiting to see how it will all fall apart for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    ...Jeez Otto, you idiot...
    To be fair, he couldn't have anticipated the sheer incompetence of the Web Warriors.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Great preview.
    Never heard of the Digger but the Brothers Grimm being in the preview is way cool.For some reason the Brothers Grimm never apeared much in the stories,but i think they can be cool villains.
    And i think the start of the story is quite intriguing.This looks like will be a cool comic book.
    I think Digger was the "host" of one of Marvel's Horror Comics in the 60's or 70's. Like Elvira or Crypt-Keeper.

I can't remember which horror comic he was the host of though (I'm going to guess it was a 70's Black ad White Magazine).

Tower of Shadows is the horror comic

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    this issue doesnt explain why he goes back to his Superior Spider title but does lay some groundwork. Im just waiting to see how it will all fall apart for him.
    Yea I was expecting us to see him go back to his superior spider outfit, maybe he will once he realizes his mistake? I would read this as a solo

maybe he'll have a dual public superhero identity; to cover any action that might be considered villainous.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Tower of Shadows is the horror comic
    Thanks.

I would have never remembered that on my own.

BANNED

Oh boy, this was good. How I've missed Otto's distinctive, arrogant, and endlessly amusing voice.

We may not know exactly why Otto goes back to being Superior Spider-Man by the end of this issue but we can definitely make the educated guess that it has to do with him not wanting to keep an identity that is publicly associated with Hydra but we'll see what transpires in Spider-Geddon.

In the meantime, high marks for this one-shot. Everything about the main story was on point and this issue makes it very clear that Gage and Hawthorne are the perfect team to continue Otto's adventures. Their work here has me super pumped for SpOck's ongoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    To be fair, he couldn't have anticipated the sheer incompetence of the Web Warriors.
    A valid point lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    maybe he'll have a dual public superhero identity; to cover any action that might be considered villainous.
    Now that would be interesting.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Oh boy, this was good. How I've missed Otto's distinctive, arrogant, and endlessly amusing voice.

We may not know exactly why Otto goes back to being Superior Spider-Man by the end of this issue but we can definitely make the educated guess that it has to do with him not wanting to keep an identity that is publicly associated with Hydra but we'll see what transpires in Spider-Geddon.

In the meantime, high marks for this one-shot. Everything about the main story was on point and this issue makes it very clear that Gage and Hawthorne are the perfect team to continue Otto's adventures. Their work here has me super pumped for SpOck's ongoing.
    Totally agree, Prof. Otto's such a fun character to follow these days.

Two of my favorite things in this issue were 1) the subtle foreshadowing towards the beginning that Otto would figure out how to create duplicates of his consciousness; and 2) the quick reveal that Anna-Maria can see through Otto's charade as Tolliver

-Pav, who loved his comics haul today...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Oh my god Otto. xD

This was great.

I haven't read the issue. My question is, when Otto is in civvies, wouldn't people who know Peter Parker think he is PP despite Otto identifying himself as Elliot Tolliver?

Quote Originally Posted by origami View Post
    I haven't read the issue. My question is, when Otto is in civvies, wouldn't people who know Peter Parker think he is PP despite Otto identifying himself as Elliot Tolliver?
    He's in a different body, not even Parker knows how Otto looks now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdman3000 View Post
    It was a team effort of without both sides being criminally incompetent the Inheritors would have remained imprisoned.