Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    She is his saving grace. I hope that he doesn't get her hurt.
    Same here, although the sad thing is that that might be what it takes to make him realize that he's once again letting his pride and ego consume him. Say what you will about Peter's ineptitude at making any real accomplishments or progress for himself, but having learned the price of unchecked egotism with the death of his Uncle Ben, he usually recognizes that there's more at stake in almost any given situation than just him.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Same here, although the sad thing is that that might be what it takes to make him realize that he's once again letting his pride and ego consume him. Say what you will about Peter's ineptitude at making any real accomplishments or progress for himself, but having learned the price of unchecked egotism with the death of his Uncle Ben, he usually recognizes that there's more at stake in almost any given situation than just him.
    Not to mention the threat of losing Anna is what finally led Otto to give Peter's body back and realize he wasn't "Superior". With Anna supposedly knowing his secret, I don't see her getting killed to be something that'll happen, at least anytime soon, I could see either her secretly trying to figure out whatever his "master plan" may be on her own, or by outrightly blackmailing and/or working with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Not to mention the threat of losing Anna is what finally led Otto to give Peter's body back and realize he wasn't "Superior". With Anna supposedly knowing his secret, I don't see her getting killed to be something that'll happen, at least anytime soon, I could see either her secretly trying to figure out whatever his "master plan" may be on her own, or by outrightly blackmailing and/or working with him.
    I'd really like to not see anything happen to Marconi. She is one of the freshest additions to the Spider-Sphere as a non-heroic character in ages.

I wanna see her go to Modell with her thought and the two of them spying on Otto fpr Peter.

first time I saw her, I assumed that she'd be corrupted somehow and end up using the 'Stunner' tech.

This...doesn't look bad, actually. I'd rather Ock stay as SO than become SSM again.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    This...doesn't look bad, actually. I'd rather Ock stay as SO than become SSM again.
    Same here, though the idea of a kind of "Spider Wars" occurring as the Spider-Men end up fighting over who has the "right" to call himself Spider-Man, similar to the recently concluded Flash War over at DC, could be interesting.

And yes, I am also fond of Anna Maria Marconi. Please don't let anything too horrible happen to her, Gage.

Same here, though the idea of a kind of "Spider Wars" occurring as the Spider-Men end up fighting over who has the "right" to call himself Spider-Man, similar to the recently concluded Flash War over at DC, could be interesting.
    Wouldn't that end up being everybody vs. SpOck ?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wouldn't that end up being everybody vs. SpOck ?
    Like how Flash War ended up being Barry and Wally vs. Hunter Zolomon?

Like how Flash War ended up being Barry and Wally vs. Hunter Zolomon?
    Maybe, I'm just thinking everyone seems to be okay with everyone else being Spider-Man unless they're Doc Ock .

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    I think a lot of us agree but 'Superior Spider-Man' has more selling power, unfortunately. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe, I'm just thinking everyone seems to be okay with everyone else being Spider-Man unless they're Doc Ock .
    At least the others made a reasonable attempt to honor Peter Parker and what he stood for. Otto spent most of his time as Spider-Man so assured he could do things "better" than Peter ever could that he spat in the face of what it meant to be Spider-Man and on multiple occasions came close to destroying the city, if not the world, in his arrogance.

Did I just see Stilt-Man on the front page of comic shop news? In an upcoming issue of Superior Spider-Man? That will be awesome! Lady Stilt-Man isn't going to be to happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreaded Porcupine View Post
    Did I just see Stilt-Man on the front page of comic shop news? In an upcoming issue of Superior Spider-Man? That will be awesome! Lady Stilt-Man isn't going to be to happy.
    Yeah , he's gonna be in it! I think I saw that mentioned before.

But yeah, the way Ock fought Nefaria is exactly what I hope for in the new SSM comic -- supervillainisms. ALL OF THEM.

I also hope to see a lot of Spider-trope fun poking. Like, everyone knowing that Tolliver is Otto and Spider-Man, and doing their level best to pretend otherwise while Ock is convinced he has them all fooled.

Modell and Otto, captured by thievecs trying to rob the University.

Modell "Oh no, I have fallen and banged my head on the floor and am knocked out and can't see anything."

Otto: WHAT A STROKE OF GOOD FORTUNE, ALLOWING ME, THE SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN, TO QUICKLY DISPATCH THESE THIEVES WITH EVERYONE NONE THE WISER. TRULY, NO ONE CAN FOOL THESE CLODS AT THIS UNIVERSITY SO WELL AS I CAN.

Modell: Yes, I have no idea what has just occurred.

I liked the gorgon- who needs the gray gargoyle? And i don’t know why otto would go back to being the superior spider man, when he thinks he’s so much better than peter. What’s he got to prove?

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I liked the gorgon- who needs the gray gargoyle? And i don’t know why otto would go back to being the superior spider man, when he thinks he’s so much better than peter. What’s he got to prove?
    I think the foundation for that is being laid in Spider-Geddon from the way the Inheritors spoke to Octavius.