Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Thoughts on Wolverine by Jason Aaron?

How's the run? The omnibus is somewhat OOP now but planning of picking this up. Cheers!

I'm not a fan of Wolverine, but me and my brother read Aaron's run and we enjoyed the hell out of it! Again this is coming from 2 guys who don't care much for Wolverine. So you might enjoy it. Hell now I might pick it up in trade.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 09-30-2018 at 09:35 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I really liked the run. Weapon X being my favorite part.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I'm not a fan of Wolverine, but me and my brother read Aaron's run and we enjoyed the hell out of it! Again this is coming from 2 guys who don't care much for Wolverine. So you might enjoy it. Hell now I might pick it up in trade.
    There are reasons that make me think the character should be one of my favorites, but I don't care about him either.

I think I'll try this run now that I read your thoughts.
    TRUTH, JUSTICE, HOPE
    That is, the heritage of the Kryptonian Warrior: Kal-El, son of Jor-El
    You like Gameboy and NDS? - My channel
    Looks like I'll have to move past gameplay footage

BANNED

Aaron's run truly showed his dark feral nature from GoesToHell/VsXMen story arc and his Rot story arc was also good imo , his thirst for revenge was well demonstrated during Wolverine's revenge for Red Right Hand ....If fans like this things then i would recommend Wolverine Origins as well even though many Wolverine fans do not recommend this comic series though tbh ......

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Force League Unlimited View Post
    There are reasons that make me think the character should be one of my favorites, but I don't care about him either.

I think I'll try this run now that I read your thoughts.
    I'm glad to hear it. If you want to. When you read some of it. Come back and let us know what you think.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I have enjoyed what I have read from Aaron's Wolverine.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Aaron's Wolverine is a mixed bag, for one side he has to work with the awfull status quo for the character that Bendis, Alonso, Loeb and Way established through a bunch of horrible decisions, he was able to make something entertaining and interesting with it for a while, his best are the Weapon X ongoing, the Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine mini (with Kubert artwork) and the back up story "A mile by my mocassins" from Wolverine vol 3 73-74, his main run with Wolverine is really uneven, Wolverine Goest To Hell is crazy fun and the idea behind the mega arc that ends in the "Revenge" is pretty solid but the execution doesn't quite hit IMO. The rest after is mostly forgettable and it ends in a rush, another thing that bothers me a bit is that Aaron can go a tad to far sometimes with the wish fulfillment aspect of the character, but that's more of a personal thing.

It's good, as long as Wolverine isn't in Hell....that first arc was awful. It gets dramatically better after that.

His Wolverine and the X-Men however.....I can't get with that. I feel like I was reading a sit-com or something.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

I likedAaronin the beginning. Get mystique and Manifest desntiny was awesome. And the Weapon ax volume first 10 issues were good. I didnt like Tomarrow dies today arc. The Red Right Hand saga wolverine 1-16 wasnt great. I did like goodbye china town a nd back in japan.

It fell with wolverine and the X-Men
    X-Men Forever

Astonishing Member

Liked Get Mystique. That's the only thing I've read from the run.

Extraordinary Member

I loved Wolverine and the X-Men...

I just feel like Aaron gets Logan. He likes writing and unlike some writers, he isn't afraid to writ him as a bad person from time to time.

really enjoyed his wolverine run.

I did not enjoy WatXM
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I found his run to be generally enjoyable. From "Weapon X" to "And the X-Men" it's all over the place tonally. If you can appreciate that it's all good, if you can't you'll find it hit and miss.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Aaron's Wolverine is a mixed bag, for one side he has to work with the awfull status quo for the character that Bendis, Alonso, Loeb and Way established through a bunch of horrible decisions, he was able to make something entertaining and interesting with it for a while, his best are the Weapon X ongoing, the Astonishing Spider-Man/Wolverine mini (with Kubert artwork) and the back up story "A mile by my mocassins" from Wolverine vol 3 73-74, his main run with Wolverine is really uneven, Wolverine Goest To Hell is crazy fun and the idea behind the mega arc that ends in the "Revenge" is pretty solid but the execution doesn't quite hit IMO. The rest after is mostly forgettable and it ends in a rush, another thing that bothers me a bit is that Aaron can go a tad to far sometimes with the wish fulfillment aspect of the character, but that's more of a personal thing.
    Thanks for the thorough input! Did you like Aaron's Punisher run?