Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by L.R Johansson View Post
    I've updated the list with your info, friends. =)

Ooooh, so there's a NEW version of Lor-Zod?
    Tell me more about this... does Superman remember raising Zod's son? I'm not entirely clear on how continuity works at the moment... used to be this was the pre-flashpoint Superman, but then there was some kind of temporal 5th-dimension-jor-el-dr-manhattan-mr-mxyzptlk shenanigans, and now I believe Superman and his continuity is some kind of amalgamation...?

So, it's not just big chunks of new-52 that didn't happen, but there are parts of the post-crisis continuity that did not, as well? For shame if Chris Kent is one of those deleted parts... I rather liked him.
    At the end of the Revenge story in Action Comics (978-982) Zod freed Ursa and Lor from the Phantom Zone with the help of the Eradicator. All four of them then took off for space to establish a New Krypton on another world. Later Superman is obsessing over if the Jor El he met is the real Jor El and decides to travel back in time to find out. This brings in Booster Gold who sets out to stop Superman from messing up the timesteam. Superman is so obsessed with finding out the answer he fights Booster and ends up messing things up. They get thrown into the future where they land on Zod's new world he has taken over where we now see a grown Lor who is just as evil as his father. This all goes on in the Booster Shot storyline in Action Comics 994-999.

At the same time Superman is fighting the Zod family in the future the Green Lantern Corps is dealing with them in the present. Hal and Kyle end up on Zod's world and get their asses handed to them. The Gaurdians decide to get involved and send a large group of Lanterns to rescue Kyle. At the end it is a stalemate with with Gaurdians deciding to leave Lod alone as long as he stays on his own world. Zod's Will takes place in issues 37-41 of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.

Last edited by Zero Hunter; 10-08-2018 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    Batman and Wonder Woman are part of the extended family.

Other Superman family members would include Lois Lane, Jimmy Olsen, Lana Lang, Perry White, Jonathan Kent, Martha Kent, Pete Ross, Vartox, the Legion of Super-Heroes, Bizarro, Bizarro World, Mr. Mxyzptlk, Titano the Super-Ape, Susie Thompkins, Inspector Henderson, Van-Zee, Sylvia, Lori Lemaris, Cat Grant, Steve Lombard, Professor Hamilton and Morgan Edge.
    Ehhh some of those are pushing it. I wouldn’t consider any non-Lois or Jimmy DP members to part of the Super-Family. They’re just cast members, they don’t usually participate in Supes adventures. Bizarro is another grey area. Sometimes he’s an ally and sometimes he’s a Rogue. The RHatO Bizarro I think could be a member of the family. The Bizarroverse Bizarro would not be one. Henderson hasn’t shown up in forever, I don’t know if he’s even canon anymore. Until he shows up again I wouldn’t consider him a part either.

Retired

You can't always choose your family. With Bizarro, if he's a clone of Superman, then he's family just like Kon-El--his morality doesn't matter. Mon-El (if he still exists and his origin is still intact) was believed to be Clark's older brother and he lived with the Kents for a time, so he ranks as family. Even the Zod family has sometimes been linked to the El family (see KRYPTON).

Of course, some of these characters might not exist in current continuity--it's just my wishful thinking. But there was a title called SUPERMAN FAMILY, in which a lot of friends of Superman were understood to be part of the family. In the old sense, the Superman Family really referred to Lois, Jimmy and Perry--the regular characters featured on THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, along with Bill Henderson (Robert Shayne).

I guess that’s where we disagree. My definition of “Super-Family” is less “biological relatives” and more “these are the people Clark is closest with, and who aid him in his efforts to build a better Tomorrow”.

Retired

I thought I was being helpful by providing a number of differnt options for "family"--characters that are biological relations, characters that are close to Superman and characters that fall under the same Super rubric.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I guess that’s where we disagree. My definition of “Super-Family” is less “biological relatives” and more “these are the people Clark is closest with, and who aid him in his efforts to build a better Tomorrow”.
    I agree. That's how I see it as well - a bit like the "Bat-Family", really.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    You can't always choose your family. With Bizarro, if he's a clone of Superman, then he's family just like Kon-El--his morality doesn't matter. Mon-El (if he still exists and his origin is still intact) was believed to be Clark's older brother and he lived with the Kents for a time, so he ranks as family. Even the Zod family has sometimes been linked to the El family (see KRYPTON).

Of course, some of these characters might not exist in current continuity--it's just my wishful thinking. But there was a title called SUPERMAN FAMILY, in which a lot of friends of Superman were understood to be part of the family. In the old sense, the Superman Family really referred to Lois, Jimmy and Perry--the regular characters featured on THE ADVENTURES OF SUPERMAN, along with Bill Henderson (Robert Shayne).
    Bizarro is an interesting case... the Bizarro from the alternate universe of Bizarro World, whom was friends with Jimmy Olsen and whom gained human-like intelligence for a while, might actually have counted as a member of "Team Superman" or the "Super-Family" if you like - however, he is, as you know, not necessarily even in continuity any more.

I have to admit that I had forgotten about him... I feel it's similar to how it was when Lex Luthor was temporarily a Superman as well - he's too ingrained as an iconic super-villain to ever truly become a Super-family member - it just seems wrong.
    Last edited by L.R Johansson; 10-12-2018 at 01:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    At the end of the Revenge story in Action Comics (978-982) Zod freed Ursa and Lor from the Phantom Zone with the help of the Eradicator. All four of them then took off for space to establish a New Krypton on another world. Later Superman is obsessing over if the Jor El he met is the real Jor El and decides to travel back in time to find out. This brings in Booster Gold who sets out to stop Superman from messing up the timesteam. Superman is so obsessed with finding out the answer he fights Booster and ends up messing things up. They get thrown into the future where they land on Zod's new world he has taken over where we now see a grown Lor who is just as evil as his father. This all goes on in the Booster Shot storyline in Action Comics 994-999.

https://cdn.flickeringmyth.com/wp-co...mics-996-1.jpg

At the same time Superman is fighting the Zod family in the future the Green Lantern Corps is dealing with them in the present. Hal and Kyle end up on Zod's world and get their asses handed to them. The Gaurdians decide to get involved and send a large group of Lanterns to rescue Kyle. At the end it is a stalemate with with Gaurdians deciding to leave Lod alone as long as he stays on his own world. Zod's Will takes place in issues 37-41 of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps.

https://comicnewbies.files.wordpress...7065094724.jpg
    Cheers for the info here, mate!

Interesting note here... So, the Eradicator is alive? But still a villain, it would appear. If so, I'm going to change his status somewhat in the list. He's a tricky character to fit in, when he's bad though! Then he's obviously instead a semi-iconic ENEMY of Superman, more in the vein of Bizarro, then say, someone like Steel.

Do we need a special section named "turned heel" or some such?