Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default End of series Yamcha VS beginning of series Vegeta

Tired of being picked on by Vegeta, Yamcha quietly gathers the dragon balls and has the dragon take him back in time to before Vegeta landed on earth with Nappa.

How will a maxed out Yamcha at the end of DBZ/DBS (whichever is stronger) do against a non SSJ Vegeta?
    Last edited by Kuro; 09-30-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    How will a maxed out Vegeta at the end of DBZ/DBS (whichever is stronger) do against a non SSJ Vegeta?
    Well, Vegeta loses to Vegeta, that's for sure.

Vegeta vs Vegeta?
    As for Yamacha does he even have any fears aside super pitching? Last I remember was Cell saga where he got whoop.

Anime canon, Yamcha is at least Ginyu force level (from the filler scenes late in the Frieza saga in which Tien, Yamcha and Chiaotzu defeated the Ginyu force sans Ginyu on King Kai's planet), so he should handily beat Saiyan Saga Vegeta. Manga canon, I don't think Yamcha has any feats beyond getting killed by a Saibaman. Don't know about Yamcha in DBS, haven't gotten around to that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jibberish View Post
    Anime canon, Yamcha is at least Ginyu force level (from the filler scenes late in the Frieza saga in which Tien, Yamcha and Chiaotzu defeated the Ginyu force sans Ginyu on King Kai's planet), so he should handily beat Saiyan Saga Vegeta. Manga canon, I don't think Yamcha has any feats beyond getting killed by a Saibaman. Don't know about Yamcha in DBS, haven't gotten around to that yet.
    ^ yeah this. Yamchas best and only real feats are in anime filler. Like surviving 300x gravity or fighting Recoome and so forth.

No real feats in super beyond excellent baseball and not dying from the unintentional side scatter of Beerus and Champa fighting
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Vegeta would outsmart Yamcha and destroy the planet they were fighting on. You forget that Vegeta was still an advanced fighter. Yamcha may be Ginyu force level, but he never showed anything that denotes fighting smarts.

Quote Originally Posted by EllaRagu View Post
    Vegeta would outsmart Yamcha and destroy the planet they were fighting on. You forget that Vegeta was still an advanced fighter. Yamcha may be Ginyu force level, but he never showed anything that denotes fighting smarts.
    The Arena default battle setting can't be destroyed in Rumbles. It's invincible.

Even if it could then they both die
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Yeah as Vegeta did the garlic gun as a “ **** you I blow your world up and hop on my ship” kinda thing. He could not survive in vacuum like Freud’s. (!ecen filler with. Uh world he was in upper atmosphere about to hop in. As being in true vacuum got like 15-30 seconds before dead.)

Yamcha did take a two-hit combo from Champa and base-form Vegeta in Super. Sure, he was hurtin', but he got back up, dusted himself off, and continued playing baseball.

Even for comedy or slapstick purposes, that's still gotta count for something considering how many times those two (plus Goku himself) accidentally cause collateral damage just because of their sheer strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yamcha did take a two-hit combo from Champa and base-form Vegeta in Super. Sure, he was hurtin', but he got back up, dusted himself off, and continued playing baseball.

Even for comedy or slapstick purposes, that's still gotta count for something considering how many times those two (plus Goku himself) accidentally cause collateral damage just because of their sheer strength.
    Considering they even comment on how ridiculous gag stuff is in the episodes I wouldn't say it's gotta count for anything

What about him not completely blowing up when a Cell Jr hit him?

To come out of a fight with a Cell Jr with just a broken arm, I guess, is something?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiromi View Post
    Considering they even comment on how ridiculous gag stuff is in the episodes I wouldn't say it's gotta count for anything
    They comment on gag stuff when it's clear they've overtly gone into gag territory, i.e. the Arale episode. Even their sillier episodes don't state that distinction.

Also, consider that everyone else in that game would've been strong enough to at least pimp-slap beginning of series Vegeta, too. If Yamcha couldn't keep up at even the lowest levels, he wouldn't have been able to play at all.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-30-2018 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    The Arena default battle setting can't be destroyed in Rumbles. It's invincible.

Even if it could then they both die
    Then Yamcha would win. Has able to move (albeit, crawl) at 300 or 500 times Earths gravity. That alone make him several times stronger than Vegeta.

Quote Originally Posted by EllaRagu View Post
    Then Yamcha would win. Has able to move (albeit, crawl) at 300 or 500 times Earths gravity. That alone make him several times stronger than Vegeta.
    I never understood why Yamcha never just dialed it down. Sure, he barely survived 300x Earth's gravity. But dial it down to 250 or 200 or even 150 and that should be fine. Smaller gains are better than both no gains and death.

Vegeta trained at 500x. Later, at a much stronger powerlevel, he trained at slightly less gravity, 450x. So even at higher levels, there's still value in moderating your workout routine.

Anime: As stated if we're counting filler Yamcha should have this with ease.

Manga: No actual feats to back him up.

ABC Logic: I think so, unless he was an absolute moron for showing up in Cell Saga. Krillen was in 'saiyan saga Vegeta's ballpark (weaker than him but it would be a fight) post Guru powerup, + 3 years of training I believe he'd smack Saiyan Saga Vegeta around. Given Tien could slow down Semi Perfect Cell, I'd be amazed if he couldn't beat Saiyan Saga Veggie down. So unless both of his human contemporaries blew him out of the water by Cell Saga, he should logically be able to handle Vegeta. Unless he was an absolute moron and should have been on the sidelines like Chiaotzu.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!