Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
    "Those changes and the way the team has ended up means that they're going to have deal with something the Roger Stern-John Byrne era team did to Ultron back in the day. "

There wasn't a Roger Stern/John Byrne era on Avengers. Roger Stern wrote the Avengers vol 1 from around @227-290. John Byrne drew one issue, which was part of a story with Fantastic Four, involving Annihilus. In addition, Roger Stern never wrote Ultron during his run on Avengers (which was odd looking back. I think highly of Stern's run, and of all the Avengers foes, it's surprising he never tackled Ultron). Perhaps Remender was thinking of the Shooter/Byrne run.
    Perhaps he was also referring to West Coast Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysalis_Changling View Post
    i wonder how barbara gordon would feel if all of a sudden she could hear the opinions of the readers and soon realized they preferred her crippled in a wheelchair as opposed to fighting crime as batgirl
    Oh dear! If characters knew what I said about them... lots and lots of restraining orders... even the ones I love.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 07-29-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Incredible Member RobertoDaCosta's Avatar

come on, the only relation between Ultron & Thanos is that they r both 2 appear in the MCU...
    again editorial decisions r mandated by Disney..
    Bring back Ultimate Dazzler!!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    I hope not.
    I also hope not either. His Cap run has been meh at best. They could do better than Remender.

Movie tie-in, I imagine by this point all the "big changes" to the Avengers (Black Cap, She-Thor, Evil Iron Man, Smart Hulk) etc will be undone to make way for movie merchandising.

At least this probably means Vision will be given a key slot on the Avengers again. So there's that.

Quivering Euphoric Blob CaTigeReptile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    No, I don't see them merging Ultron with ISAAC either. My thoughts was maybe something to do with Wasp?
    If they fridge her or throw her under the bus in some way, I'm gonna be pissed. Same goes for Elysius.

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    Movie tie-in, I imagine by this point all the "big changes" to the Avengers (Black Cap, She-Thor, Evil Iron Man, Smart Hulk) etc will be undone to make way for movie merchandising.

At least this probably means Vision will be given a key slot on the Avengers again. So there's that.
    Yeah, that makes sense, but at the same time the movies don't really bring in monthly readers, so there's no real need to do that.

What's Vision up to these days anyway?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by megaharrison View Post
    I'm not sure of that. Brevoort has said Sam will be Cap in this book. In fact that may be one of the reasons they're doing a book with a flashback sequence. It allows them to have all the Avengers the way they are in the film, in flashback, while also keeping the status quo of the current comics.

Hanks gonna die, again. Or becomes an old man. That being said, I like Ultron stories, and i like Hank. Plus Remender does a good Pym. So im in. Hopefully he does him right. Still with Marvel liking the comics to match the movies, and Hank being an old guy in the movies, and not the creator of Ultron, i can't help but be worried.
    Also, it doesn't help that Hank "is in a bad place" when they apparently open the story and that Ultron set out and achieves a good deal of revenge against Hank. Though how this is going to be examination of them as father and son sounds pretty interesting. So ya, they got me hooked. Worried, but hooked.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 08-05-2014 at 03:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mahes View Post
    Possible new members as per rumors are Vision, Beast, and Nightcrawler. As for Quicksilver, it's already been revealed that he'll eventually go back to the Avengers. It's not due to Remender but editorial direction.
    Oh gosh, I hope not Nightcrawler. I dont want to see him butchered - granted he hasn't been given much since his return to the X-World, barring the Quest for Nightcrawler arc, and the Mystique issue in Amazing - which was awesome. I think I rather he stay as wallpaper or limbo. Remender is a good writer in general but he tends to not stick to established characterization.

Quote Originally Posted by The Odd Man View Post
    Ugh. Can no one (besides Dan Slott in the original Mighty Avengers series) write Hank Pym without relying on his past mental issues? Slott elevated him to Earth's Scientist Supreme, made him see himself as an actual hero again. Every writer since then has ignored this and given us a throwback-Pym who is remarkably less interesting and pretty much a one-trick pony. I'm not a fan of Rememender's characteriizations (Captain Britain, anyone?) so I doubt I will pick this one up.
    Yeeaah, tired of this.

Also, I like that Starfox is being brought back but I'm also wary at this point.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 08-05-2014 at 03:53 PM.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Hank is probably going to be rapidly aged and Wasp will be fridged in this OGN.