Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Default why the Invisible Girl is a problem

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    You know it can be embedded, right?

And how out of date can you get, Sue's been called the Invisible WOMAN for decades!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Invisible Woman can see things that have been made invisible. That would include herself, which mitigates most of the issues. There have been two explanations for this:

One is that she can see things on the invisible side of the electromagnetic spectrum. So ultraviolet waves, radio waves, gamma, etc.

The other is this:

Choose whichever one you prefer.

Both explain how she can see while invisible as well as see herself and other invisible things. However, those she makes invisible should be screwed.

It's also said that she can bend infra-red, but I haven't seen any examples of that to confirm it.
    Last edited by Crimz; 09-30-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

She's been the Invisible Woman for longer than she was Invisible Girl. Other than that, what Crimz said.

Invincible Member

In Planetary the evil Invisible Woman doppelganger had to wear special googles in order to see while invisible.

I'm still wondering about going around without being able to effective close your eyes.to block bright lights or flashes. Assuming she can see while invisible, her eyelids wouldn't block anything.

Also, if her "sight" sight is some bizarre pseudo radar sense, then she sould be able to "see" in the dark as well.

Even ignoring the basic "retinas are invisible" thing, there are still loads of questions coming up that it may be nbestnot to think about too deeply.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'm still wondering about going around without being able to effective close your eyes.to block bright lights or flashes. Assuming she can see while invisible, her eyelids wouldn't block anything.

Also, if her "sight" sight is some bizarre pseudo radar sense, then she sould be able to "see" in the dark as well.

Even ignoring the basic "retinas are invisible" thing, there are still loads of questions coming up that it may be nbestnot to think about too deeply.
    Bright lights would have no effect on her at all as all light is bending away from her.

And yeah she should technically be able to see in the dark if she can see via the other means I mentioned. I guess it's just another thing that has yet to be fully explored, which seems to be the case with her powers in general. I'm still waiting for someone to explore the hyperspace thing with her force-fields.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post

I thought that losing body control was the most serious problem.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    She's been the Invisible Woman for longer than she was Invisible Girl. Other than that, what Crimz said.
    I think Marvel holds the trade mark for both.

BANNED

Wait, invisibility is this big problem, but Pym Particles, Gamma radiation, and people who can turn themselves into sentient light are just fine and dandy?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Wait, invisibility is this big problem, but Pym Particles, Gamma radiation, and people who can turn themselves into sentient light are just fine and dandy?
    There's videos/articles etc all across the internet nit-picking inconsistencies in super heroes and other fictional characters.

If anything Susan being the one they go to when they want to talk about the "problems" with invisibility is more a signifier of her popularity than anything.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbrklyn View Post
    I think Marvel holds the trade mark for both.
    They may hold the trademark for both but they changed it to Invisible Woman years ago. Invisible Girl infantilises her when she's a grown ass woman with a long record of saving the world, a husband and two kids. My two cents.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You know it can be embedded, right?

And how out of date can you get, Sue's been called the Invisible WOMAN for decades!
    Actually, this one came as a set

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTED...ause%20Science

superspeed

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    In Planetary the evil Invisible Woman doppelganger had to wear special googles in order to see while invisible.
    Planetary was written by a genius

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Invisible... Girl?