Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Deadpool came really low because the question was "who is your favourite X-Character?", not "who is your favourite Deadpool character?" Though maybe I'm wrong about this and they will stop making Spider-man comics because of his poor showing in an unofficial Twitter poll.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The point of poll is wasn't even about really popularity it was to prove X-editor kinda aholeish point that there is one or two people that fans of obscure character.
    Your mind reading abilities leave something to be desired.

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan D. White View Post
    Your mind reading abilities leave something to be desired.
    Based on things you have tweeted that was my assumption, If that was not the case which your response seem to say then my bad I am wrong.

That's what makes it fun! Ricochet Rita's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DearMachine View Post
    But I'm somewhat surprised that Kitty is still top 10. She must have a contingent of loyal fans on Twitter.
    IMO, the fact that writers have trashed Kitty for the last years doesn't invalidate her as the essential X-Woman she is. Same for Ororo.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Kurt's fans are quiet but legion. It probably also helps that unlike other heroes, Nightcrawler's character hasn't been dragged through the mud with some OOC writing. (At his worst he is usually just wallpaper. ie: X-Men Gold.)
    This ^

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    This should be done on other social media platforms. It would be interesting to see the data from Facebook and Instagram, for example. I don't use Twitter.
    Funny. Twitter is the only social media I'm in. It's true, though, that I'm using it very carefully.

But yeah, it would be very interesting to repeat the poll on other platforms. I bet the result would be very different.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    This voting system is flawed.

Each person should have five favorite X-Men to vote and not just one favorite.
    Yes, it's a bit sad that many X-characters are out or very low because they're 'seconds' or 'thirds' or 'fours' in our hearts. But this poll was made this way. And ALL system votings are flawed one way or another.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    ... Funny. Twitter is the only social media I'm in. It's true, though, that I'm using it very carefully. ...

... And ALL system votings are flawed one way or another.
    It's the only one I've truly considered engaging in & overcoming my ambivalence about, as well.

Nothing's perfect, that's for sure, or ever will be. Who'd want it to be anyway, what fun is there in that. Any consensus in particular, will always be met by dissension, especially from those whose eXpectations were not met.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    This should be done on other social media platforms. It would be interesting to see the data from Facebook and Instagram, for example. I don't use Twitter.
    I honestly want to see the results of a poll that wasn't so lowkey.

Wow! Way to go, Nightcrawler!

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet Rita View Post
    Heckyeah!!!

I do know how much X-fans love the fuzzy elf.

PS: I'm surprised Longshot got 10 votes. I mean, I did expect, like, nothing.
    Yep, this poll was a nice surprise.

On Deadpool not ranking higher... he's not what most people probably think of when they think "X-Men". He's his own franchise now.

Shoot! I forgot to vote for Wolfsbane, and now alphabetically she is last on the list.

Hellion at #69

hehehehe
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Of course the poll is flawed,The sample size isn't big enough to make an real assessment using the information and it has anomalies . The Poll has information we know is not the truth and we can prove otherwise for example Polaris,Maggot,Dazzler are more popular than Deadpool. Nothing against any character we know poll was one X-editor on twitter who didn't advertise voting. Is the information useable for some stuff? Yes but can you run around going Maggot is twice as popular as Deadpool? No. Here is some of the take away from the poll from my perspective

1. Fans miss Cyclops. I am pretty sure alive he wouldn't be on the very top of the poll but dead Cyclops fans made a point they want to see him again.

2. Nightcrawler is pretty popular with the fans in the x-world, I am pretty sure alive he wouldn't be near the top..Wait Nightcrawler is alive um never mind. I am just joking but the poll does point they should use Nightcrawler more

3. For all the so call I am tired of Wolverine statements you see on forums,A lot of people still like him

4. X23 and Emma Frost are X-men mainstay now among X-fans, those numbers are impressive because they beat out bunch of what we would call core X-men.

5. They are some younger X-men that writers and editors should be paying attention to like Magik, Cannonball, Quire, Chamber,etc.You can't use the numbers to say to much because with a large number of people voting with a less but less knowledge of books more mainstay/core characters would have better numbers. BUT as poll from X-fans those numbers are pretty respectable

6. Discounting X-23 ,The X-student with highest votes was Quentin Quire not Surge,not Hellion, not Armor but Quire. As poll among X-fans mostly that should say something.

7. Lastly The X-office have screwed up Archangel. As one of the original X-men his numbers are embarrassing low but it is not surprising because it is clear the X-books I have no idea what to do with them
    it's not flawed. based on the number of votes, these are the results. i'm not sure why you're so angry about it

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jpmst17 View Post
    it's not flawed. based on the number of votes, these are the results. i'm not sure why you're so angry about it
    It's flawed because many didn't vote including me.

Quote Originally Posted by jalsrix View Post
    It's flawed because many didn't vote including me.
    The poll doesnt revolve around you

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I honestly want to see the results of a poll that wasn't so lowkey.
    Same. This was the first I'd heard about it. I call BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The poll doesnt revolve around you
    And a link was posted on this forum anyway.

I'm actually surprised anyone's surprised negatively with the poll. It was just one poll, on one social media platform, so it's not a super critical event.

That said, I'm pleasantly surprised by the results of one poll on one social media platform. Top six are obvious, top ten are interesting, top twenty are illuminating. X-23 is probably the most iconic new addition to the mythos in years, and I think editors recognize that. Incidentals: Surprised Gambit beat Rogue, surprised Psylocke beat Magneto, Surprised Magik and Cannonball beat out Xavier.