45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rogue One

33 73.33%
  • Solo

8 17.78%
  • Liked them equally

4 8.89%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Which did you like better? Rogue One or Solo?

A battle of the one shot films! Which one did you like best? Comon, take a stand and pick one!

Not to take anything away from Solo which I enjoyed way more than I though I would I would have to say I like Rogue One better.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

BANNED

It's really hard to choose, because they're different movies trying to do different things. I love the both.

rogue one, by far.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Rogue One is my favorite Star Wars movie. I pick it easily.

Hard choice to make. I think the characters were far better developed in Solo, but Rogue One had the better visuals and (imo) a more emotionally charged ending.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Rogue One easily wins since it was one of my favorite Star Wars Movies

However, Solo wasn't a bad movie. More enjoyable than I thought it would be.

LOL, I'm the only person rocking it Han-style for the Solo support.

I went in not expecting to like it and I did. It was like reading the Han Solo Adventures or the Adventures of Lando Calrissian I read growing up.

The first act was borderline super cringey with the bad choices in method but act II and III were fantastic.

Operation SKYHOOK was one of my favorite EU myths and to see it in action in Rouge One ... kind of fell flat for me.

Rogue One is the better film but I enjoyed Solo more. I think I had some EU hangups with Rogue One I couldn't let go. I still liked it ...
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 10-03-2018 at 09:05 AM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Rogue One is my second favorite SW film right behind Empire. Far and away. Probably because it didn't have a bunch of goofy cartoon characters. They need more of that going forward.
    Assassinate Putin!

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Need to rewatch solo a few more times before I can answer this.

I liked Solo a lot more than I ddI Rogue One after my first time watching them, but Rogue one has slowly growed on me after every rewatch

Solo for me. I like both but Solo slightly edges out more.

Oh without a doubt Solo, I could barely make it through Rogue One. Both had some pretty uninteresting stories, one with a story we really didn't need to see and one with a story we've seen countless versions of in the old UE already, but at least Solo had actual characterization. I didn't find much reason to care for any of Rogue Ones characters and by they actually attack the base to steal the plans I was just waiting for everyone to die and the movie to end. The battle sequences were filmed well but went on for so long and felt lifeless with nobody to care about in them.

I think I found Rogue One more engaging.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

R1

Love the movie, despite what little time to develop all the characters got, and though there is an obvious intended sadness that permeates the film and characters.

These aren't the ones who get the medals, the kiss from the princess, the recognition, the glory, or any reward. To the contrary.
    Instead we get a ragtag, gloomy, spent, band of Rebel outsiders, yet with plenty of strength, heart and conviction to die doing what everyone else writes off as a doomed, hopeless mission.
    There is no one else for it. And they kind of know it.

-Jyn Erso; character who'd lost her way, stopped caring ""It's Not A Problem If You Don't Look Up." until she finds the truth about her father, who gives her something to fight for again, and a bit of a lost and familiar family in the Rogues, to bring back hope to a once lost cause.
    -Cassian Andor: A unique look at a darker side of a Rebel fighter, who'd been doing it so long, following orders, killing, he'd lost his own humanity (and tragically knew it), to the point where there was no turning back, all that was left for him (and his team),to feel like human beings again, was this suicide mission.
    -K2-SO: Ironically the cold gunmetal Imperial Assassin droid, Cassian who had lost his own humanity (and become the cold assassin), reprograms to be more human than himself, like if he couldn't be that, his Droid would.
    -Bodhi Rook: The Imperial working stiff, cargo pilot, with mundane job, family, routine, who one day risks it all, just makes a decision to do something, and ultimately changes the fate of the Galaxy. Probably the hardest sell particularly because the whole point of the character is he's not supposed to stand out, or look like any hero, he could be delivering packages. Yet he chooses to go out a hero.
    -Chirrut Imwe: The blind spiritual Warrior (who "sees" in the darkness what everyone else misses) "The Cage we carry within) clinging to a lost mysticism and way, that guides him (or so he wants to believe), and ...
    -Baze Malbus: His silent with a big-gun that speaks for him, loyal (to the end) companion, who'd lost his belief, but finds strength in his friends dying action. Bit of a cliche/classic trope, but in the tradition of what Lucas drew from, pulled in to this film fits great into the SW U, and this team's inevitable end.

Great little ensemble team, with small character arcs, buried within a bigger war/heist epic, with a simple mission; We don't matter, and never will, all that matters is get the plans (and hope) into the right hands, the hands that do matter) that's them, their knowing sacrifice.

That's also exactly why they aren't getting allot recognition , and will mostly be forgotten. It's exactly who they were set up to be! LOL!

In the end they are culled from one moment and line in the classic opening crawl, blink and you missed it, and them.

One of my favorite SW films.
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-23-2019 at 07:17 PM.

I liked Solo better. Rogue One just had issues with the movie that I couldn't get past.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.