45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rogue One

33 73.33%
  • Solo

8 17.78%
  • Liked them equally

4 8.89%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Never saw Solo but I really liked Rogue One.

I prefer Rogue One it had issues but was good.

Solo was just the origin of Han Solo's accessories and when the Imperial March became canon in universe I eye rolled.

The parade at the end of TPM sort of set a similar precedent-it's basically a happier, sped-up version of the Emperor's theme.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    The parade at the end of TPM sort of set a similar precedent-it's basically a happier, sped-up version of the Emperor's theme.
    Prequels another thing I hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    I prefer Rogue One it had issues but was good.

Solo was just the origin of Han Solo's accessories and when the Imperial March became canon in universe I eye rolled.
    The Imperial March was canon in-universe long before Solo, as far back as The Clone Wars; a battle droid is heard humming the tune in the "Rising Malevolence" episode. The Solo version wasn't even invented for the movie, but first appeared in the Rebels episode "Empire Day." (The happy arrangement is specifically the Empire's national anthem, called "Glory to the Empire.") Even before all this, the march was used in Legends materials as a song that existed in-universe.

So, long story short, Solo was just following tradition.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    The Imperial March was canon in-universe long before Solo, as far back as The Clone Wars; a battle droid is heard humming the tune in the "Rising Malevolence" episode. The Solo version wasn't even invented for the movie, but first appeared in the Rebels episode "Empire Day." (The happy arrangement is specifically the Empire's national anthem, called "Glory to the Empire.") Even before all this, the march was used in Legends materials as a song that existed in-universe.

So, long story short, Solo was just following tradition.
    I like many don't watch the animated shows I've seen a few episodes of each but that's it and it's cringy for that to actually be in canon in universe especially on the big screen.

I like many don't watch the animated shows I've seen a few episodes of each but that's it and it's cringy for that to actually be in canon in universe especially on the big screen.
    Sorry, I loved it (esp. how in the movie we hear the cheery version when Han is sold on joining the army and then hear the regular evil version in the soundtrack when the scene cuts to him on the front lines and realizing he made a mistake). Mileage may vary.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Rogue One, although I enjoyed Solo almost as much.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Sorry, I loved it (esp. how in the movie we hear the cheery version when Han is sold on joining the army and then hear the regular evil version in the soundtrack when the scene cuts to him on the front lines and realizing he made a mistake). Mileage may vary.
    I hate stuff like that when in the theater during AOTC and Yoda pulled out his lightsaber I heard a lot of "Oh Yeahs" and I was that person like this

https://goo.gl/images/gjfcTT

I hate stuff like that when in the theater during AOTC and Yoda pulled out his lightsaber I heard a lot of "Oh Yeahs" and I was that person like this

https://goo.gl/images/gjfcTT
    Fair enough. I liked that scene a lot (good buildup to the duel as they try to out-Force each other and all that), but that's just me.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Solo for me without a doubt. I honestly really hated Rogue One the first time I watched it.

Two awful movies. Rogue One looked prettier.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

Solo was good, but Rogue One was brilliant.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Neither are in my opinion the best of the Disney era: TFA easily tops both, but TLJ follows far behind them. They're both good movies, though with very different tones and scale.

I think Rogue One manages a better overall experience thanks to scale and to the strength of the ensemble in the film's final act when everyone dies. I like both ensembles, but I think RO gets much more bang for its buck out of everyone, while there's clearly some talent on display in Solo that still doesn't match up to what we know the actors can do. Lando's maybe the one exception; I genuinely needed a lot more of Donald Glover in the film.

I think Han's better in Solo than Jyn and Cassian in Rogue One, but the film's lack of epic scale and the inability to really make Han be radically different from what we know kind of neutered the film a bit.

...plus, as much as I dig Composite Maul with Ray Park's body and the TCW voice, Vader at the end of Rogue One is freakin' biblical.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I absolutely loved RO, but was really pleasantly surprised by Solo. It was really a fun film and I enjoyed it start to finish.