Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Lobdell and Mooneyham, huh? Well, see ya later!
    "The more 'realistic' superheroes become the less believable they are." - David Mazzucchelli

This is okay so far. He's not a jerk, at least. It doesn't give much insight onto what his memories are and what his overall personality will be like for a while but he's not acting like Jason or Damian here or anything like that. At least not yet.

Honestly at this point I just want his hair to grow back, ha.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Knight27 View Post
    Excuse my lack of knowledge , but Isn't there any magic characters that can restore Dick's memory? Isn't he close to zatanna? I'm sure she could have done something.
    Its the same suspension of disbelief needed to understand why in a world like this Barbara remained crippled for so many years. If a medical issue is required of a hero by the plot, well there just isn't an easy cure.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I wonder if Percy starts the Issue with a diner scene because of HiC. For the shock of a second I really thought the two women were the same. It was nice as long as it lasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    Lobdell and Mooneyham, huh? Well, see ya later!
    Like... it's the combination farthest from my tastes I could think about but they'll probably be a great team much to my chagrin.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Your starting point? As in, is this your very first Nightwing title?
    Very weird choice. It's like if you want to know Peter Parker but start to read Superior Spider-man.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Kinda funny that all the Dick fans seem to hate this while Jason fans seem finally interested...
    I wonder why....
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Reread this Preview after I got a Reply from Tim Seeley during his AMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Hey Tim, What was your favourite part of writing Nightwing
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Seeley View Post
    I loved his relationship with other characters. I like that he was the cool guy....the fun guy...but that he was competent and caring and heroic too. Great character. Y'all are making me miss him!
    7571B75E-80B0-4285-837B-D54BA37EF3AE.jpg
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Nightwing, Red Hood: Outlaw, Detective Comics, Superman, Action Comics, Young Justice, Legion of Superheroes, John Constantine: Hellblazer, Batman Beyond, Dark Nights: Death Metal
    MARVEL: Fantastic Four, Daredevil, The Immortal Hulk, Venom, Web of Venom, Dawn of X
    BOOM STUDIOS: Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Willow, Angel and Spike
    DARK HORSE: Bill and Ted are doomed.
    IMAGE: The Walking Dead: Deluxe

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Reread this Preview after I got a Reply from Tim Seeley during his AMA

7571B75E-80B0-4285-837B-D54BA37EF3AE.jpg
    We all miss him.

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

In what way does this even read like Jason? I used to think writers like Tynion were crazy for watering down the Robins so that they're all just distinguished by the most basic of traits and differences, but looks like fans do it too...

This is literally what Dick would be like if he had none of the stability afforded by Bruce, that is if he didn't get himself killed on the streets of Gotham as a child hunting down Zucco. Or turned into a Talon. Or taken in by Raptor. Or something else like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    In what way does this even read like Jason? I used to think writers like Tynion were crazy for watering down the Robins so that they're all just distinguished by the most basic of traits and differences, but looks like fans do it too...

This is literally what Dick would be like if he had none of the stability afforded by Bruce, that is if he didn't get himself killed on the streets of Gotham as a child hunting down Zucco. Or turned into a Talon. Or taken in by Raptor. Or something else like that.
    Casual drinking and gambling equals Dick after losing his parents? I would think he has a stronger will than that. The only part that felt very Dick Grayson like was him giving most of his money to the waitress but the casually taking out the guy without caring feels off. Maybe it's the look, just the fact that it's Lobdell, or the fact that he just seems kinda mopey and kinda has some kinda death wish. Reading obituaries, saying you can survive anything like nothing matters, and casually getting into a fight after defusing the situation feels off to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    Yup

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Maybe it's the look, just the fact that it's Lobdell
    Far as I know it's still Percy though ain't it, Lobdell starts next issue. And going by his take on an injured and frustrated DG so far I do wonder how Percy would have gone through and developed Dick across this storyline if he hadn't quit so soon.

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Casual drinking and gambling equals Dick after losing his parents? I would think he has a stronger will than that. The only part that felt very Dick Grayson like was him giving most of his money to the waitress but the casually taking out the guy without caring feels off. Maybe it's the look, just the fact that it's Lobdell, or the fact that he just seems kinda mopey and kinda has some kinda death wish. Reading obituaries, saying you can survive anything like nothing matters, and casually getting into a fight after defusing the situation feels off to me.
    This script is still written by Percy, whatever his mood about writing it was at the time.

Edit: ah, damn, I posted it before refreshing. My bad. Wouldn't have done it, had I seen the previous post by Red.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 10-02-2018 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Er, apparently "to pen" doesn't mean what I thought

BANNED

I've always supported Grayson for over sixty years--and I don't know if I have the stomach for this.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Yup

Far as I know it's still Percy though ain't it, Lobdell starts next issue. And going by his take on an injured and frustrated DG so far I do wonder how Percy would have gone through and developed Dick across this storyline if he hadn't quit so soon.
    All I heard was others talking about this being Lobdell my bad, still feels off to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    This script is still written by Percy, whatever his mood about writing it was at the time.

Edit: ah, damn, I posted it before refreshing. My bad. Wouldn't have done it, had I seen the previous post by Red.
    You add a point though.
    Its possible that Percy himself felt low or cynical whilst writing the script, and it just might show.