Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    You add a point though.
    Its possible that Percy himself felt low or cynical whilst writing the script, and it just might show.
    Maybe Percy just got a better job offer elsewhere and there's nothing personal in this. I have no particular contention with Lobdell, but the Ruling Powers are the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Grayson - The Dark Heir View Post
    In what way does this even read like Jason? I used to think writers like Tynion were crazy for watering down the Robins so that they're all just distinguished by the most basic of traits and differences, but looks like fans do it too...

This is literally what Dick would be like if he had none of the stability afforded by Bruce, that is if he didn't get himself killed on the streets of Gotham as a child hunting down Zucco. Or turned into a Talon. Or taken in by Raptor. Or something else like that.
    He read like New 52 Lobdell's Jason to me. Cynical, drinking (he was showing drinking so much in the New 52), and trying to cover up his depression or anger with humor. He came across like he had a attitude where he is angry at the world, which feels a lot more like Jason than Dick to me.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    He read like New 52 Lobdell's Jason to me. Cynical, drinking (he was showing drinking so much in the New 52), and trying to cover up his depression or anger with humor. He came across like he had a attitude where he is angry at the world, which feels a lot more like Jason than Dick to me.
    He drank one beer once. Every single time he was shown eating, he was drinking water.

So again, I don't see why people keep thinking he acts like Jason besides personal bias.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    He drank one beer once. Every single time he was shown eating, he was drinking water.

So again, I don't see why people keep thinking he acts like Jason besides personal bias.
    Unfortunately, every time he shows up in New 52 Bat-family book he's drinking and his role is to be the bad(ass) and snarky big bro. So for people who don't read RHATO that will be the image that sticks.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-02-2018 at 10:56 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Unfortunately, every time he shows up in New 52 Bat-family book he's drinking and his role is to be the bad(ass) and snarky big bro. So for people who don't read RHATO that will be the image that sticks.

Something I realize when I wrote that, King actually never shows Jason drinking.
    I remember back in the Wolfman/Perez Titans days, Dick stated that he didn't drink. Which makes sense when you regularly jump off buildings, fight entire gangs of armed thugs, etc etc. This is another negative trait being artificially forced onto Dick.

Okay I just read #50. Oh boy.

spoilers:
    The gist of it is that Dick doesn't really remember anything, he is not acting as Nightwing and has forgotten a good chunk of his life, including the people around him. Babs is heartbroken and alongside Bruce and Alfred they seem to be thinking that he may be better off forgetting them and his work all together, like that it may be for the best. Dick is just drifting around and seems to be actively wanting to forget his past, so much so that he burns his old uniforms by the end.

I think its more clearer than ever why Percy dropped out. The editorial mandated story seems to be the opposite of what he wanted to do with Dick.
    end of spoilers

Sigh. We're really doin this old shtick.

No wait King did write Jason drinking. It was in Robin War. Starting with Rebirth he doesn't anymore. Though maybe only because Dick dragged everyone to Bat Burger
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-02-2018 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBird View Post
    Okay I just read #50. Oh boy.

spoilers:
    The gist of it is that Dick doesn't really remember anything, he is not acting as Nightwing and has forgotten a good chunk of his life, including the people around him. Babs is heartbroken and alongside Bruce and Alfred they seem to be thinking that he may be better off forgetting them and his work all together, like that it may be for the best. Dick is just drifting around and seems to be actively wanting to forget his past, so much so that he burns his old uniforms by the end.

I think its more clearer than ever why Percy dropped out. The editorial mandated story seems to be the opposite of what he wanted to do with Dick.
    end of spoilers

Sigh. We're really doin this old shtick.
    Called it. It's the same with Alfred when Batman amnesia

By the way, Red, do you have a store and just opened the shipping? Because that was quick. Comixology won't get it until a few hours later.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-02-2018 at 11:17 PM.

BANNED

But didn't Batman have that purple and yellow identity when he lost his memory?

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    But didn't Batman have that purple and yellow identity when he lost his memory?
    No, that's after Jim was filling in with his Robo Bat Bunny

By the way, Red, do you have a store and just opened the shipping? Because that was quick. Comixology won't get it until a few hours later.
    Nah I just live in Australia, which means I'm hella overcharged (this comic cost me $9.50 at my nearest store) but it also means that I live in the future well, so to speak, the comic book stores here also have new arrivals on Wednesdays so by virtue of being in a timezone ahead of most of the world I get to have my comics seemingly earlier. That is if its the kind of day where I can be bothered to visit the store and snag my comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post

That doesn't negate all his other points.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member

so that's it! isolate Dick more than before. I would have preferred if he was off worid with Starfire and cyborg. than this. he should have been included with the JLO line up.
    No one asked for this!!!
    if DC in comics wants to isolate him from starfire that's fine, I don't mind. I'm ok with dickkory adaptation in media. I don't understand why they are isolating him from Barbara and the bat family. i really dislike when they try to add generic boring new characters because they never stick. whats the point? 23+ years, dc has never managed to make civilians work in nightwing stories, why do they think they will succeed now, were they have failed, time a d time again.
    nightwing should be selling in the range of tec, that's how popular Dick is but dc keeps letting down his fans with very bad ideas and stories. it's just a shame, that I am actively watching dc run Dick into the ground in real time and that sucks.

Fantastic Member

as for this issue, the only good thing is Travis Moore's artwork. I might, just for the art alone, get this issue.

Extraordinary Member

No wait King did write Jason drinking. It was in Robin War. Starting with Rebirth he doesn't anymore. Though maybe only because Dick dragged everyone to Bat Burger
    Honestly, just ignore everything King does with Jason.