Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I kinda like it. New Dick's Kinda badass. Should I call him Penis Grayson? No, that's what I call Agent 13 when she impersonated him. I'll call him Dong Grayson. His looks and attitude reminds me of Truth Superman but at least here he's not supposed to be Dick Grayson. So whatever awful stuffs they'll come up during this run can simply be attributed to that and I bet DC is counting on it.

Don't know how long this amusement will last with a different writer but I'll wait until it's out before making a comment. Art's awesome of course. It's Travis G.

The amnesia thing being unrealistic is expected. This is supposed to be something that's easily reversed the moment they lose sales. I mean the whole thing, as we've discussed so many times ever since we first heard about it, is FUBAR from character treatment perspective so I already pass that.

Right now I'm just in "Ha. Let's see how long they can keep this up" mode.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 10-01-2018 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    For the readers, maybe. But not for himself, I think. Just think about the possibilities here. We have a Dick who is struggling with himself, because he cannot remember certain things, he's hurt and in a mood in which he wants to be left alone, probably. He cannot connect with the people who tries to approach him, people from his life he doesn't remember properly, who kept telling him how he should be, what he should do, etc. And slowly he goes into discovering the image others have from him, by his somewhat outsider eyes. And steadily, he regains himself. relearms himself, by chance or by circumstances, and once again he's Nightwing, but also Dick Grayson, with his virtues and flaws. I mean, If I were a fan, approaching this stuff like that, could be fine. I can already think of a few other amnesiac escenarios that would be interesting, but they're definitely out of the table now, given what we already know about this story arc (which isn't much, but it's enough).
    I don't know if it was just for the readers. Dick had to pretend to be dead and leave the Nightwing identity and cut himself off from everyone when his identity got exposed to the world. He then learned he could still be a hero without being Nightwing and then when he went back to Nightwing learned why it was important to him. So here it is the same set up basically just with amnesia thrown in and Dick acting more angry at everything. He stops being Nightwing and cuts himself off from the Batman family and will probably relearn why those are important to him, again. It feels repetitive.

Look maybe if he got amnesia and decided to travel the world or so something along those line it might be more interesting, but I don't see what can be done with him getting amnesia and going back to Bludhaven.

It's so lovely to see Travis Moore on Nightwing, I fell in love with his rendition of Dick back on the preludes, hopefully he'll be more of a regular on the book as it goes on.

Weird that Dick still has plenty of motor skills working just fine even though he mentions it as a problem, I'm guessing the issue will flashback to a lot of his recovery process?

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

At this point I'd prefer they stick around with Grayson, all this amnesia only seems to take him back at the same start point after Forever Evil.
    So, why give him back his Nightwing persona, especially when Grayson experiment was doing so well.

I can't understand this obsession of wanting isolate Dick from everyone around him. One of the best Dick's trait is being at center of DCU, is being friend with a vaste quantity of characters. Maybe is Didio, I can't tell...

Anyway, although bad premises, King and Seeley managed to take a completely opposite direction and managed to keep the personality of the character intact.
    I am very skeptical that this may repeat itself again.

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    It is a meaningless gimmick other than King wanted to use the character for another shocking gimmick in his Batman book and doesn't care about the fallout related to Dick.
    Do you know for sure that's how it is?
    Cause I see more Didio's will in changing Dick personality using King for his purposes than anything else.

He honestly reads more like a cynical Jason Todd complete with the drinking. The art is nice in the few preview images, but it didn't read well at all to me. He seems to have a "**** THE WORLD" mentality which doesn't really feel like the character at all. I still don't really get the purpose of doing any of this.

I'm honestly annoyed enough with all this where I would rather pirate the issue than give DC money for it.
    He feels more like Jason here.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Kinda funny that all the Dick fans seem to hate this while Jason fans seem finally interested...
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Kinda funny that all the Dick fans seem to hate this while Jason fans seem finally interested...
    Is it impossible to be both? Personally speaking though, interest is a strong word, Percys run just hasn't been doin it for me, I had to drop it halfway outta boredom, but for now, I'm here on Moores behalf, I can't say no that art, he draws Dick perfectly imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Pohzee View Post
    Well, historically the Dick's losses are Jason's gains.... nevermind that Lobdell suporters are Jason's fans.... so yeah.
    Last edited by Rakiduam; 10-02-2018 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    Im looking forward to this and see how this changes everything from batman to titans.this is also my starting point for Nightwing
    Your starting point? As in, is this your very first Nightwing title?

Excuse my lack of knowledge , but Isn't there any magic characters that can restore Dick's memory? Isn't he close to zatanna? I'm sure she could have done something.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Since you're new, keep this in mind: It's not what makes sense that will happen, but what they planned. Everything else is either ignored, changed, or forced to fit what they planned.

Zatanna's off doing some important stuff with Wonder Woman. I think Diana got cursed or something so she has her hands full.

Quote Originally Posted by Knight27 View Post
    Excuse my lack of knowledge , but Isn't there any magic characters that can restore Dick's memory? Isn't he close to zatanna? I'm sure she could have done something.
    Or the any number of psychics that could help restore his memories too, but I think the amnesia is a good way to keep the character out of the DCU events going on like Heroes in Crisis.

penetrator of things

Or the any number of psychics that could help restore his memories too, but I think the amnesia is a good way to keep the character out of the DCU events going on like Heroes in Crisis.
    I'd rather Dick die rather than be...neutered like this.
    hi my name is tako and i like to grow leeks
    @takoleeks

Why do they even fear Dick Grayson in events at this moment or in the future. He has NEVER been an important part of DC Events and Geoff Johns has only used him as emotional outlet for Batman while keeping him away from true death. The Universe where Dick Grayson is working with the World’s Finest and is the Astonishing Phenomenon is IMO just tucked away in Hyper-Time. Him being Batman in the main book was sooooo poorly executed after teasing it. If they didn’t want him to be Batman don’t kill Bruce knowing he will be back, it’s repetitive and unoriginal. DC has done so much to sever him from the DC Universe they even tried to rewrite his Nightwing history to exclude Superman. The only hope is getting him out of Bludhaven and just being a World traveler but really he will be stuck 100% in Bludhaven and one again move from friend to friend until DC has another event in needs to use Nightwing for to write a story focused on Batman that will give Nightwing another New Direction until another reboot makes him Robin at 18 or they do a full New 52 Earth Two and completely remove him as Robin in favor of Damian. Nightwing fans will complain like Wally West fans but as long as Didio is in charge the Titans are a threat to the “Justice” Pantheon League and must be Destroyed