Default Does Superman sweat?

Does Superman sweat? I was watching the Death of Superman and there was a scene where Superman says to Wonder Woman "I don't sweat." I have not finished the movie mind you. Now here's what I'm wondering is this a comic book fact and if so how does he not die from heat exhaustian? Does he pant like a dog lol because if he didn't sweat I imagine realistically he'd die from heat.

It's a good question and it is something I used to wonder when I was a kid. I'd be walking home from school, sweatin' like hell and I'd think of Superman in the same situation with his tights on under his regular suit and I'd get to thinking about how much sweat that would produce.

It'd be hilarious if he panted instead. Just picture it!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

He doesn't sweat often, no. Humans sweating comes from physically taxing situation that requires the body cool itself down. Not may things physically tax Superman or make him hot, so he doesn't really sweat, but his body does have the ability to do so if required.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    He doesn't sweat often, no. Humans sweating comes from physically taxing situation that requires the body cool itself down. Not may things physically tax Superman or make him hot, so he doesn't really sweat, but his body does have the ability to do so if required.
    That's how I believe it works as well.

Hmmm, I wonder, has this ever been addressed in the comics? I'm drawing a blank.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

It has.

Last edited by Superlad93; 10-01-2018 at 10:27 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Incredible Member

I was thinking the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Batgrayson View Post

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

When moving a planet or wrestling with a cosmic being, he's got to.

Quote Originally Posted by adkal View Post
    It's a shame we never got the story behind the scar.
    I never even noticed the scar originally...

Now I'm getting the feeling that it was meant to have been connected to LEX LUTHOR's scarred face...! I can only imagine what kind of cataclysmic, absolutely hate-filled battle they had when they both branded each other permanently.

Wasn't Roccacorth the first to draw scarred Lex as well?