Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I actually like the idea of Bruce dying and Dick taking up the mantle, then Tim or Damian after Dick dies. Kind of like the Phantom. The Dark Knight never dies!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-19-2021 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Bye, bye blue!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He said earlier in the year that Tim was boring and should be killed off along with Nightwing. then he got booed.
    You're joking, right?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    You're joking, right?
    I think he's trolling. When Forever Evil happened, someone asked Didio on Twitter why he wants to kill Nightwing he answered: "because we received complain that there are too many Robins". I laughed. People did complain that there are too many Robins, although it was in context that 5 years of a backstory for New 52 was too short.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    You're joking, right?
    No he said that. Though he might have been joking. I don't know but that's what he said.

Fantastic Member

I rather have bruce traveling by himself or some how gets transported to the new wildstorm universe where he ironically would be more respected right now than in his supposed hometown and the main title about him

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I think the smartest move would to have Dick Grayson fill the Batman' role in the larger DC universe BUT (and this would probably make people unhappy) Let. Batman. Die. With. Bruce. If Dick takes over, must be as Nightwing. Larger Batfamily has grown into there own identities and for any of them to take up the mantle (barring maybe Damian one day) would be antithetical to their development. While Dick takes Batman's role in the larger DC universe, people like Signal, Red Robin, Huntress, and Batgirl would take over Gotham duty.
    THIS!!!

The idea that every costume is a 'mantle' that needs to be passed on is tedious. If Batman were ever killed, his city would be protected. His protege's would go on... but they'd do it in their own identities. Batman's 'Legacy' is in the horde of orphan's he's raised to fight crime... not in someone wearing a bat costume.

Earth-2 Really was the best version of 'Bruce Wayne Dies'. Dick stayed as Robin and Huntress did 'the job'... but nobody could replace Batman.

Commissioner Gordon will probably see him as a criminal then.

I don't think Bruce will ever die.
    He is too popular for DC to kill him off for good.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    THIS!!!

The idea that every costume is a 'mantle' that needs to be passed on is tedious. If Batman were ever killed, his city would be protected. His protege's would go on... but they'd do it in their own identities. Batman's 'Legacy' is in the horde of orphan's he's raised to fight crime... not in someone wearing a bat costume.

Earth-2 Really was the best version of 'Bruce Wayne Dies'. Dick stayed as Robin and Huntress did 'the job'... but nobody could replace Batman.
    I think I mostly agree. I love Dick as Batman II, but he's the only one I want to see in the mantle. But he could do it just as easily as Nightwing. Nightwing fully taking over for an absent Batman would be the best use of that identity, him doing Batman-lite stuff in Discount Gotham while Bruce is still very much active hasn't worked out but Nightwing as head vigilante in Gotham would be a different story.

You know what would be funny?

If this happened during Grayson and Jason Todd becomes Batman with Damian as Robin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    He said earlier in the year that Tim was boring and should be killed off along with Nightwing. then he got booed.
    Clearly Didio took that boo to heart and realized that he is a professional who shouldn't hold grudges against the customers.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

About the identity should die with Bruce and his protege continue protecting it with their own identity, that should be ideal, but the reason Dick took on the identity was because he feels Batman should live on otherwise there be chaos, because the crooks in Gotham are scared and respect Batman but not so much everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    I actually like the idea of Bruce dying and Dick taking up the mantle, then Tim or Damian after Dick dies. Kind of like the Phantom. The Dark Knight never dies!

This wan't just the Phantom actually somewhat began with Zorro 1925 film Son of Zorro, and passed to many legacy descendants in movie serials , including female Zorro's black whip, to even modern Zorro set '37 swinging from city rooftops, fighting mobsters before Batman existed.

And projecting well into the future for several characters.(although not sure if that Spider-Man is Miguel O'Hare or an alt universe Parker?)

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post
    Going back... To the future... Phantom 2040 - Batman Beyond - Spider-Man Unlimited 2099 - Zorro Gen Z
    That said, there is a reason of those Batman (Spider-Man) have remained the more iconic franchise to the general public eye, it's cause they ignored real time aging, stuck with the classic, always artificially moving the classic version and their origin forward in time.

It's the best formula, and it's proven to work.
    Most of you wanting for "real-time" aging to Dead Bruce Wayne and the derivative legacy character taking over to be the norm, would probably tank the comics industry. LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-07-2018 at 01:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chongjasmine View Post
    I don't think Bruce will ever die.
    He is too popular for DC to kill him off for good.
    This is just a hypothetical. Besides, even Superman was killed off for a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Güicho View Post

This wan't just the Phantom actually somewhat began with Zorro 1925 film Son of Zorro, and passed to many legacy descendants in movie serials , including female Zorro's black whip, to even modern Zorro set in the 30 before Batman existed.
    And projecting well into the future for several characters.(although not sure if that Spider-Man is Miguel O'Hare or an alt universe Parker?)

That said, there is a reason of those Batman (Spider-Man) have remained the more iconic franchise to the general public eye, it's cause they ignored real time aging, stuck with the classic, always artificially moving that version and their origin forward in time.

It's the best formula, most of you wanting for Dead Bruce Wayne and the legacy taking over to be the norm, would probably tank the comics industry. LOL!
    Call it Elseworlds than. But it is something I have wondered, and from the looks of it, other people have thought over as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post

Call it Elseworlds than. But it is something I have wondered, and from the looks of it, other people have thought over as well.
    No kidding, Elseworld is and has been the greatest way to explore it, some talking about it here seem to want dead Bruce Wayne as the main continuity however. LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 10-07-2018 at 02:50 PM.