I figured I'd start this thread early because not only is this due to drop next week, there is also a long preview available on Amazons.com at least. Spoilers/Speculation below

spoilers:

-it starts with a flashback of Paula von Gunther leading an invading force of Nazis onto Paradise Island, so Steve's reference of SS reports of a "Ghost Island" in volume 1 are being explained here. Hippolyta gives fair warning to Paula and the men to leave or else they will be subjected to Aphrodite's laws, but Paula has her forces charge. I went into this expecting a similar outcome as the Germans invading in the movie, but instead the Amazons use pacifying weapons on the men. It hits them with positive emotions or something, they shout "Yes!" in elation when being hit by the beams, causing them to surrender.
- Hippolyta orders the male prisoners to be sent to "Aphrodite's World" to be reformed by Queen Desira and her butterfly winged Venus Girls. Not sure if this is actually Venus, but they have a transporter that sends the men there. I'd love to see it, maybe contact with Venus is how they got their tech. Seems this was to be Steve's fate when the Amazons were pursuing him with Diana, and Diana assuming they would kill him humanely was speculation on her part. It redeems Hippolyta's actions a bit, IMO, as it doesn't look like she would have had Steve harmed until Diana ran into "hostile" enemy territory and she sent Medusa out to deal with combatants.
- Paula is a superhuman here and is called Uberfraulein.
- Hippolyta slaps the Venus Girdle on Paula. The scene is kind of creepy, though the Venus Girdles have always been unintentionally creepy, so I'm wondering if that was the intent? I've always wanted them to still have a part in the lore, just not be endorsed and abandoned by the Amazons in favor of other means of rehabilitation. Paula is forced to realize that she was weak for seeking validation in the ideals of a weak man like Hitler. Hippolyta tells her that if she wants to be a slave to the ideas of others, the Amazons code is healthier and they will help her explore her desires with a loving mistress. She says the Girdle will not always be needed. Maybe this is Paula's own unique reaction to this, and not an indication of how the Girdle's always work?
- Diana is ordered to remain in the city by Hippolyta but disobeys and rides out on Jumpa (yay!), but doesn't get there until after the men are sent away. Paula sees her similarity to Hippolyta and is enraptured by her.
- Dr. Psycho is brought in by a shadowy group of men who want to learn the secrets of Amazons island and access their technology. They are the ones reviewing the history of Paula. Psycho's face isn't shown, but he appears to be of average height instead of a dwarf. The preview also includes some of Paquette's sketches, and it shows a later scene of Psycho being brought to Paradise island to be sent to Venus, and while he is shorter than the Amazons he is also up to their shoulders. Probably for the best, as his misogyny and sketchy use of his powers are on display here, and depicting the only character with dwarfism as that reprehensible is not a good look.
- Diana will have a Middle Eastern adventure, and at Grant's insistence, Paquette designed a burka for her to wear for it.
- Diana gives speeches at universities, and tells a trans student that there is room in her society for not only Trans Wonder Women, but everyone.
- A less than favorable early review on Good Reads said Maxwell Lord is in this and set up as the big bad of volume 3. UGGGGH.
end of spoilers

I'm not sure if those who disliked the first volume will be won over by this one, but everything here (aside from that last bit) looks very interesting to me. Glad we have this to tide us over before Wilson starts in November.