Extraordinary Member

Default Gail Simone's lasso forgotten?

This CBR article talks of the lasso's soul connection power in 55, but overlooks the fact it was first introduced by Gail Simone in the second issue of her run.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...-of-truth/amp/

Am I mistaken? I knowthe name golden perfect came from the JLA story but I was sure the power came from her meeting with Captain Nazi years later.
    Last edited by brettc1; 10-01-2018 at 06:54 PM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    This CBR article talks of the lasso's soul connection power in 55, but overlooks the fact it was first introduced by Gail Simone in the second issue of her run.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbr...-of-truth/amp/

Am I mistaken? I knowthe name golden perfect came from the JLA story but I was sure the power came from her meeting with Captain Nazi years later.
    I wish I understood what you were asking here..

Extraordinary Member

I thought it was pretty straightforward. Does the lasso's s power to access the soul first appear in the Gail Simone run?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

I thought it was pretty straightforward. Does the lasso's s power to access the soul first appear in the Gail Simone run?
    It's clear and that's the first run I ever remember it appearing. It's safe to say it was a wonderful addition to the Wonder mythos by Gail.

BANNED

That was answered above, although I think I read that in a golden age book, but it would have been long forgotten.

This I don't understand.

Extraordinary Member

And yet strangely the linked article never mentions Gail as the originator.

BANNED

Yes. But I think it was less a new power and more the way how Simone interpreted what the lasso has always done.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Yes. But I think it was less a new power and more the way how Simone interpreted what the lasso has always done.
    I agree with that. It was an extension of the lasso's abilities. But certainly the astral plane ability referenced in the article had never been seen before Gail (and the Dodsons) used it in volume 3. So the article really should have referenced their work.