Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

I never liked the idea of the X-men as teachers. I understand why some like it, I just don't. Personal preference.

So enjoyed reading through this thread.

I don't think every X-Men should be a teacher or anything.

But I always felt the The School and X-Men and Mutants needed separate leaders that are not one and the same.

People like Kitty and Emma should definitely be teachers.
    People like Scott or Cannonball or Rouge should be leading Xteams.
    People Like Prodigy Anole should Strive to be part of the world around them.
    Jean and Ororo need to be Mutant out reach, or Advocates.
    And we need more people likeBeast Angle Dazzler
    You know Doctor Business Man PopStar Icon Celeb

Kitty pryde did it all
    Stundet Xmen Teacher headmaster leader of the X-Men
    Taught Dance Bartender heck I even think she ran for Office.

I was a fan of academy x/new x-men back in the early 2000s so i'm ok with them being teachers on the side.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight_v View Post
    Hmm... I've never see that issue. Whose the other char, and what series?
    X-Force, the older Bedlam brother.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoEFrost View Post
    Emma has a Master's Degree in Business from Empire State University.
    Add firestar to the list. I heard she went to college too.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I think there are characters that are suited to the role and others that aren't.
    Pretty much my thoughts.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

The major reason I don't like it is that the storytelling suffers greatly. Stories about teaching and studenting are mind-numbingly dull.

Many of them just don't have the skills to teach much unless you really pull crap out of your rear to pad their resumes.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    In reading a topic on these forums I came across something I didn't realize they are some fans that hate the idea of X-men being teachers. That never occurred to me because I just thought it was natural fit or progression.Most X-men don't come with classic superhero origins and a large amount of them don't come with usable skill being that most of them start as young students. The Teacher/trainer angle gives them reason come up useful skills for characters when done right. The most useful Jean Grey has been imo is when they made her doctor in the X-men movies she was speaking at UN as a subject expert, She was examining Wolverine when they brought him back, etc. Right now Jean Grey is running around in the X-books healing people's minds and if she had a degree in psychology I don't think I would be seeing the negative reactions I have seen from fans when that plot point comes up.

So what do you guys think do the X-men being teachers take away from the mythos?
    Doesn't Jean already have a Masters in Psychology? I know she was taking night classes in X-Factor. Anyway, that hasn't stopped people from complaining when she heals someone's mind

Quote Originally Posted by Del torro View Post
    Doesn't Jean already have a Masters in Psychology? I know she was taking night classes in X-Factor. Anyway, that hasn't stopped people from complaining when she heals someone's mind
    No the night school thing was to finish the BA in Psychology she started before she died. She never completed. It, the exact degree is mentioned by Angel in X-Factor. And that plot was then dropped in X-Factor

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Have any gone to uni/college to study?

How do the X-Men expect to interact and integrate into human society of they do not go school? All their time is spent with their own kind.
    Cecelia Reyes is a qualified medical doctor and surgeon.

In any case, Xavier Institute (I have lost track of various name changes over the years) is an accredited private school.
    It can hand out whatever degree to whoever "graduated" there

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    The major reason I don't like it is that the storytelling suffers greatly. Stories about teaching and studenting are mind-numbingly dull.
    Naruto, My Hero academy, The irregular at Magic high, Harry Potter, Umm I don't know what you have been reading/watching but they are chunk of anime/manga in school setting most of them are action based. Nothing about it is boring unless they write it to be. We have My Hero Academy which pretty much a Marvel or DC universe if people need idea how it could look just think about that show and New X-men are Class A and The x-men are the teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Many of them just don't have the skills to teach much unless you really pull crap out of your rear to pad their resumes.
    Also would they be padding their resumes? Xaviers is a school what where 05 and New Mutants doing all these years? Is hard to believe that number of them went college?

BANNED

Tutors maybe,teachers not.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Naruto, My Hero academy, The irregular at Magic high, Harry Potter, Umm I don't know what you have been reading/watching but they are chunk of anime/manga in school setting most of them are action based. Nothing about it is boring unless they write it to be. We have My Hero Academy which pretty much a Marvel or DC universe if people need idea how it could look just think about that show and New X-men are Class A and The x-men are the teachers.
    It's not the school part that makes any of those interesting. And most of those I consider completely boring as hell.

Also would they be padding their resumes? Xaviers is a school what where 05 and New Mutants doing all these years? Is hard to believe that number of them went college?
    Yes, they would be padding their resumes. Yes, it's impossible to believe that almost all of them went to college. The New Mutants ran away from the school back in the 80s and haven't done much schooling since, if any at all. They've been living in bunkers and such since. Beast did. Iceman went to school for accounting, but dropped out long ago. Jean took a couple courses in early X-Factor, but couldn't keep up with it. Kitty went to the University of Illinois, but I think she got kicked out. Rachel went to college when she was trying to have a normal life, but that didn't last long. And that's about all the schooling any of them have had.

I'm not very convinced characters like Logan, Rogue, Gambit, and many others even know more than how to read and write. I might accept their ability to teach what they've learned at their various schools of hard knocks, but nothing official. If I want to learn some martial arts, Logan's my guy, but probably nothing else. Even the knowledge he has, like the various languages he knows, don't give him the ability to run a school or teach. It's more ludicrous to accept this than it is green skin and muscles from a gamma bomb.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Only if they went to school for it. It doesn't make sense to me how they can be a school if they don't have accreditation. What college could they possibly get into? I can see why the world would see it as a facility to train an army when none of the x-men have any real teaching credentials outside of combat. Logically speaking it shouldn't even be called a school.

They should hire actual teachers that are mutant friendly to teach.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/